The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Majesty

It was a joyous day for the royals, Middleton's and godparents. No one was upset but you know some folks have to be a party pooper, lol.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-24-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post

I wonder the same. At least where I live it will be 3pm.
Timed to the u.s. network evening news?

Old 10-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquess Middleton View Post
Why might the BRF care about US Network evening news, any more than they may care about the evening news in Mongolia?
Old 10-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Not a chance.. [I know its hard for US types to understand the world doesn't entirely revolve around them !]
Old 10-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I highly doubt the release of photos of a British royal event is being timed for American audiences. Not everything revolves around American TV schedules!!

I agree with an earlier comment that it will allow time for them to choose photos and share privately with friends and extended family before they are released to the world.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Unlike the Scandinavian Royals, the British Royals do not have live broadcast of their christening
It is really a pity that an historical event keep private, really I dont understand it.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
Duke and Duchess Of Cambridge Depart St James's Palace-
Home - ITNSource News

Noor Mariam, British royal christening ceremonies are traditionally very private. There are official pictures due to be released today in the evening.
Thanks a lot for your reply, but it is really a pity.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Courtier

Someone said on Twitter they could be releasing them at 10pm (British Time) so they will appear in in British Newspapers first thing in the morning and that way it will be the first thing most peoples in the U.K will see when they wake up. Which make sense.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
I ( personally) find excluding William's aunt,uncles and his cousins (thought he was really close to Peter,Autumn,york sisters) rather tacky.........sure they may have wanted to keep in simple, but these relatives are very important...........and what's another half dozen people..........its not like William,Kate,Charles & Camilla have had to do all the cooking,housekeeping,serving...............when its all said and done...friends come & go, but family (where you like it or not) always remains............Again, (personally) I would find it very hard to accept that kind of slight/cold shoulder..family is still family...........
No one has to agree with me............just my own personal feeling!
I totally disagree with you. This was a VERY PRIVATE christening and I am sure all family members and friends knew early on they would not be invited. I seriously doubt anyone is upset or hurt by this and I don't think it will change the family dynamic in the least. You are putting YOUR feelings into the mix and that should not be done. You have no idea what went into the planning of who was or wasn't invited. You sound way too upset over something that doesn't involve you at all.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor Mariam View Post
It is really a pity that an historical event keep private, really I dont understand it.
I don't think it's a "pity."

Yes, Prince George is to become King in due course, but his christening is really a private family event. It's nice that the BRF releases photos (a mutually beneficial choice, as without public interest, the monarchy would not exist), but it isn't a state event. IMO, it doesn't need to be televised. Plus, W&K are not yet even full-time royals. They should be afforded this time to choose which milestones they let the public be a part of.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Nobility

Broadway Duchess...I think a christenig of one of our babies must be private, but not the christening of a futur King.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Nope. It will be timed for the evening news and tomorrow's UK papers. Less chance of leaking unlike the previous picture.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathl29 View Post

I highly doubt the release of photos of a British royal event is being timed for American audiences. Not everything revolves around American TV schedules!!

I agree with an earlier comment that it will allow time for them to choose photos and share privately with friends and extended family before they are released to the world.
If the b r f are a global brand and you were head of pr, what time would you release pics for maximum world wide impact? And how much do you care about the u.s. in managing that brand?
Old 10-24-2013, 11:11 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor Mariam View Post
Broadway Duchess...I think a christenig of one of our babies must be private, but not the christening of a futur King.
And I disagree, especially since there isn't really anything historic about it. It's a family event. This is really a case of mileage varying, as I am just as confident in my opinion as you are in yours.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslewis View Post
I totally disagree with you. This was a VERY PRIVATE christening and I am sure all family members and friends knew early on they would not be invited. I seriously doubt anyone is upset or hurt by this and I don't think it will change the family dynamic in the least. You are putting YOUR feelings into the mix and that should not be done. You have no idea what went into the planning of who was or wasn't invited. You sound way too upset over something that doesn't involve you at all.
Frankly, I think your putting your feelings into the mix when you say you doubt anyone was upset or hurt. Unless we have a good inside source, none of us know how family members reacted. We are all projecting our own personal feelings onto members of the royal family--they may be quite different from what we all imagine.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

We saw more of this christening than any other. If the tradition lovers who have posted had had their way and the Music Room had been chosen, we would have seem official pix and nothing else. So Im happy that theChapel Royal was chosen. none of us have to like it but the BRF consider this to be a private occasion, so get over it.

As for who should have been invited, I think they got it right, with the families of both sides balanced, with grandparents and siblings. Catherine doesnt have any grandparents

dont really see how people have cause to complain. And what was wonderful to see was the happiness on the faces of Catherine and William. Their entire focus was George

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-24-2013, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
Hugh, Earl Grosvenor descends, like George of Cambridge, from Prince Nicolas of Russia via great-grandfather Prince Philip. Lowther Pinkerton, Emilia d'Erlanger, William Van Cutsem and Justin Portal Welby descended from the same lineage as the Spencers.

Le prince Georges of Cambridge et ses parrains | Angevin genealogies et royales
Trues,Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton shares ancestry withe his royal employees through Brabazon Posnoby,Earl of Bessbourough...

Emilia d'Erlanger is a descendant of Raphael,Freiherr(Baron) von Erlanger and from many other noble perosns including Viscount of Exmouth,Marques of Amurrio,Marques of Zarreal,Marquis de la Billarderie and through them from the Louis d'Anjou,King of Naples and many others...

Willem van Cutsem descendas from many British and noble families of the Netherlands..

Unfortunately,don't know much about Julia's ancestry or of Oliver Baker...
Old 10-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
If the b r f are a global brand and you were head of pr, what time would you release pics for maximum world wide impact? And how much do you care about the u.s. in managing that brand?
We Americans need to remember that we are not the center of the world and not everything revolves around us. Just because networks like to broadcast west coast sports events at a time that east coast viewers are available to watch does not mean the rest of the world sets their clock for east coast.

I realize your comment was innocent as the timing of the photos does coincide with the east coast news hour. No other country releases information for that reason, thus I don't think the BRF would. Also, the BRF should be more loyal to their subjects as they pay taxes to keep the BRF going, the rest of us don't.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The BRF is not a brand, so the rest of your argument fails. The priority lies with the 16 realms and the Commonwealth.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-24-2013, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The primary audience for the BRF are the British subjects, and those of the other realms. I am afraid Americans does not qualify, nor do their opinions particularly matter to HM and the BRF. HM is not head of state of the US (In over 60 years, her government has never "shut down", so the Americans may want to have a chat with her how to avoid such situations), and nor do the Americans pay for her - so in the nicest possible way, I suspect she does not really care about the time of their evening news!

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge