The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-24-2013, 05:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Lumutqueen

Camilla is upset, as is the Queen, Phillip, and Charles. Harry is unhappy.

I was thinking maybe they were worried that the Bishop may make George cry and they won't be able to quiet him down before the Queen has to leave for her next engagement and so that photos will be of a crying baby.

Home - ITNSource News
Didn't get the impression that Harry was unhappy but it did strike me that most of the guests were couples and Harry was walking alone.
As to the exchanges as the family exited - I think it is difficult to pick up everything to make an accurate judgement about any displeasure, although I must agree there did seem to be some reticence to make small talk - perhaps it was having the camera/microphone present.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Hugh G. is the heir to Duke of Westminster and his mum is William's godmother.
Not only that...he is also their cousin.

Among other lines,Prince Philipp's great-grandfather Grand Duke Konstantin Nicholaievich is a brother of Hugh's great-great-great grandfather Grand Duke Mikhail Nicholaievich of Russia...

Not just that,Queen Elizabeth II's great-great-great-grandmother Princess Henriette von Nassau-Weilburg is a sister of Hugh's ancestor Prince Friedrich Wilhelm von Nassau-Weilburg...

Old 10-24-2013, 06:19 AM
Nobility

Catherine's smile leaves me savoring it all. I wish all those magistrates happen to champion in familiarity or unison our modest, sincerest inclusions of shining and nodding upon the littlest of arrivals we bestow our cheering. Catherine's acceptance by Will and the Queen's children and her Middleton side unto renewal of rights given and breadth of life taken only leave one more astounded of memorable such past nostalgias I and we have all never let have gone from. Therefore I will never leave far from this sight of glamour and revealing beauty that is where I find the Royals. I'm sure Diana just the same may look at our living as especially in this occasion of gathering of her children and watching from above, us all as we know she may, that we are more pressing because of her and yet less inadequate because of her and her various ancestors that christen and make up family a sort of memory tirelessly unforgettable. I love the Windsors and may they follow the unimaginable in their stature of highness where they can glance on us all. Cheers and if I may say Hip Hip Hooray Prince George you lucky undeniably handsome miracle powerful soul!!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 07:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

pic.twitter.com/VjQnQeuDLh
looking at this pic George looks exactly like catherine!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:15 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I really like the way they handled this christening. George is a very cute baby!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Nobility

He looked very comfortable and quiet in parents arms
Surprized not one cry,nothing publicly
Old 10-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Lumutqueen

It's on the departure video from ITNSource. It's at the very beginning.

I was thinking maybe they were worried that the Bishop may make George cry and they won't be able to quiet him down before the Queen has to leave for her next engagement and so that photos will be of a crying baby.

Home - ITNSource News
I just rewatched the departure and I don't see any indication of a problem. Charles and Philip seemed to share a laugh as they walked out. The queen was trying to find something in her purse, but she didn't seem upset. Charles was laughing when he said "you raised your voice," which I assume means George demonstrated his strong lungs at one point. The few seconds that I could see Harry's face, he didn't look unhappy. He and Camilla weren't beaming, but neither seemed particularly upset, they just weren't smiling during the seconds the cameras were on their faces.

Regarding Zara, it's been a while since I was six month pregnant, but she may have been a little uncomfortable and just wanted to get inside Charles house.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Lumutqueen

It's on the departure video from ITNSource. It's at the very beginning.

Home - ITNSource News
I don't know how you are interpreting all this from that video. Charles made a comment, the Bishop responded and everyone laughed, including Camilla. The Queen and Prince Phillip looked and behaved as they always do and didn't look the least upset. No one looked upset in the least.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Among other lines, Prince Philipp's great-grandfather Grand Duke Konstantin Nicholaievich is a brother of Hugh's great-great-great grandfather Grand Duke Mikhail Nicholaievich of Russia...

Not just that,Queen Elizabeth II's great-great-great-grandmother Princess Henriette von Nassau-Weilburg is a sister of Hugh's ancestor Prince Friedrich Wilhelm von Nassau-Weilburg...
Hugh, Earl Grosvenor descends, like George of Cambridge, from Prince Nicolas of Russia via great-grandfather Prince Philip. Lowther Pinkerton, Emilia d'Erlanger, William Van Cutsem and Justin Portal Welby descended from the same lineage as the Spencers.

Le prince Georges of Cambridge et ses parrains | Angevin genealogies et royales
Old 10-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 5m 4 christening photographs will be released at 22.00 showing the royals, the Middletons and the Queen + 3 future kings
Old 10-24-2013, 09:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 5m 4 christening photographs will be released at 22.00 showing the royals, the Middletons and the Queen + 3 future kings
at 10 p.m.? Why so long?
Old 10-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
at 10 p.m.? Why so long?
I wonder the same. At least where I live it will be 3pm.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Looks like his mother, with Williams face shape I think. Resemblance to Harry too. Pretty baby... not much in appearance like the Windsors... not yet anyway but William as a child looked nothing like them and well he is the spit of the Windsors now. Harry always and forever a Spencer with a passing resemblance to Charles (and his ears). George may well be all Middleton with a passing resemblance to his father and uncle.
It's very hard to tell who he resembles at this age. He is only a few months old. As he matures we will see much more to compare. As for William being the spitting image of the Windsors and Harry the Spencers, I have to disagree. William has the Windsor hairline and pointed features, however he most certainly has Diana's coloring, smile and eyes. The way he uses his eyes at times when looking up is exactly like his mother's "shy di" expression. Harry has Prince Charles's close set eyes and the Windsor nose. His coloring could come from both sides of the family since Ginger colored hair was quite predominate in the Royal Family.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Majesty

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 2m
Going by the lighting gear & assistants Jason Bell had with him at CH yesterday I think Pr George's Christening pics could be pretty special

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Nobility

Little prince George is adorable !!!
I love the outfit of Kate, she looks really great.
But I dont understand why we havent seen a live broadcast of the christening or at least some photos of the ceremony???

By the way, where are the official photos of the christening??? Dont tell me there are no some official photos.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:00 AM
Majesty

Video:
Duke and Duchess Of Cambridge Depart St James's Palace-
Home - ITNSource News

Noor Mariam, British royal christening ceremonies are traditionally very private. There are official pictures due to be released today in the evening.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-24-2013, 10:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor Mariam View Post
Little prince George is adorable !!!
I love the outfit of Kate, she looks really great.
But I dont understand why we havent seen a live broadcast of the christening or at least some photos of the ceremony???

By the way, where are the official photos of the christening??? Dont tell me there are no some official photos.
Unlike the Scandinavian Royals, the British Royals do not have live broadcast of their christening
Old 10-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Royal Highness

Probably a reason for the photos being released quite late is the various parties who may want to see them first including of course Kate & William & The Queen, let alone other members of the family. A bit like a wedding album, they are probably taking their time to decide which pics are best
Old 10-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Nobility

just read this on the page of prince charles in facebook .

“THREE official Prince George christening pictures will be released later today, including a historic one of the Queen & 3 heirs According to Daily Mail

waiting for the pictures :)
Old 10-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Serene Highness

Regarding the leaving chapel video on Itn Source, I didn't see anyone mad. The queen was getting the case for her glasses out of her purse to put her glasses away. Charles was laughing when he said You raised your voice. Everybody was thanking the ministers. The other minster in the blue was the sub Dean of the chapel royal. The bishop of London is the dean. In the video, you see Nanny Webb who comes out with Mike Middleton tell the blue minister guy how much she enjoyed the service.

The queen also ran to the Bishop of London at the palace reception for the Diamond Jubilee Trust and joked with him about not seeing him for a long time.

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge