The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I liked everything about today. What stood out for me? George's nose. I was expecting the usual tiny snub/button that babies usually have, but no - that looked like a proper nose

He looks just like Mike Middleton (and I've been told elsewhere that Catherine looks like Mike but this baby looks like a boy).
George does have a "proper" nose, as you very well put it. And seems quite a serious little guy, for that matter. The expression on his face is quite commanding, for such a tiny person. I cannot figure out the color of his eyes, but they don't look blue, maybe brown or grey.

I liked all the outfits, they all looked pretty, polished and proper. It was a happy event and everyone's face was relaxed and smiling. Nice to see.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Cepe makes a really good point here:

Diana didn't have a good home life growing up, and had a strained relationship with her family as an adult. Choosing a Spencer just because of the Diana connection is ignoring that - I think it's better to remember Diana by choosing someone who she was actually close with.

What's more is that we have to question how much of a relationship William has with his Spencer relations. If he doesn't have a close relationship with them but does have a a better one with her friends then to me this avenue seems a bit better.

Cepe is so right. Diana did not have the healthiest relationship with her parents nor with her siblings. And, her brother found a way to make a buck off her after she died. I can't believe that William liked that at all.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

George is a large, fleshy, child, like his father was, but he doesn't seem to look quite as much like a chipmunk. All the guests were well turned out. I loved Camilla's outfit.

I know I'm late to the conversation, but I wanted to say that I have last Christmas's second pudding still in the fridge - not freezer - and we'll use it this year. In the past we have kept puddings for two years. Pudding and cake mixture is basically the same, but we don't have a history of keeping Christmas cakes that long because they are eaten.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I know I'm late to the conversation, but I wanted to say that I have last Christmas's second pudding still in the fridge - not freezer - and we'll use it this year. In the past we have kept puddings for two years. Pudding and cake mixture is basically the same, but we don't have a history of keeping Christmas cakes that long because they are eaten.
My family's the same way; my grandmother used to make an extra pudding for her and my grandfather every year, then hide it from him so it would actually last past Christmas. Her special anniversary treat for him was to reveal the last of the pudding, 7 months later.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
You do realize that none of his aunts and uncles on his paternal side, and only 1 cousin attended the christening. Royal attendance counted for 7 out of the 22 guests at today's christening. This was beyond a private affair it was almost secretive. William and Catherine invited who they wanted and had the christening the way they chose. Simple. I don't really understand how people can say George looks like William or Catherine, he looks like neither IMO he's a 3 month old baby. He looks like a baby. If you have him to another family he's probably look like them!
I agree. I don't think anyone was snubbed. Some of the Royals (Anne and Sophie) had other Engagements today and so not everyone could attend. The Christening was scheduled so it would fit in with The Queen and Prince Charles schedule or around a time they had no engagements planned. I am not saying Great Aunts are not as important but aside from maybe Sophie what the possibility they will have a influence on George or a Life or a relationship? All of Prince George Aunts and Uncle were there and that is enough. Now if they did not invite Harry or Pippa then yes I would probably agree with that being a snub.

I have 9 Great Aunts on my mom side (5 by blood and 4 by Marriage) and most live close by, When my Cousin Chastening in 2005 only Two Great Aunts came one who lived in the same town and was a Great Aunt only by marriage and the other one was a Great Aunt by blood who lived in a different town. Both were Aunts our mothers. None of his other Great Aunts on his Father side came.

Did any of Catherine Aunts come to the Christening?
Old 10-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Commoner

So what is Prince George's entire name now? I'm assuming they added a name at christening.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Shirley View Post
So what is Prince George's entire name now? I'm assuming they added a name at christening.
It's not common to add a name at the christening in the UK so I'm assuming it remains George Alexander Louis although nothing has been reported.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
Did any of Catherine Aunts come to the Christening?
There were 23 guests in total: 5 Royals, 4 Middletons, and the 7 godparents and their spouses. The only extended family members to be included were the Tindalls, as Zara is a godparent. None of William's aunts or uncles (M-W or Spencer) or Catherine's aunts or uncles were present.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Courtier

He looks very like William....pretty baby.

LaRae
Old 10-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
There were 23 guests in total: 5 Royals, 4 Middletons, and the 7 godparents and their spouses.
22. Earl Grosvenor is unmarried.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:48 PM
Courtier

I can see a little of William in George and Kate. In time it will become more clear. He is a chubby little bub that is for sure. I think everyone looked very smart and besides leaving out Harry they chose well. I was surprised he wasn't chosen but then he is an Uncle and I have no doubt they will be close.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Prince George is adorable; I think he looks a lot like William did as a baby. I love his hand actions. He also seems to be a big baby!

Regarding godparents, Zara totally took me by surprise as I was expecting neither her or Peter and spouses to attend since Anne wasn't attending. What also took me by surprise was that Harry and Pippa weren't chosen. I was correct about a van Cutsem being on the list, but I thought of Hugh instead of William.

Here's a link to some HQ photos: MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:00 PM
Nobility

HP, he's going to be a tall boy,,parents are tall
Old 10-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Aristocracy

Looks like his mother, with Williams face shape I think. Resemblance to Harry too. Pretty baby... not much in appearance like the Windsors... not yet anyway but William as a child looked nothing like them and well he is the spit of the Windsors now. Harry always and forever a Spencer with a passing resemblance to Charles (and his ears). George may well be all Middleton with a passing resemblance to his father and uncle.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:13 PM
Nobility

I think George has the close set eyes of the Windsors. The folds of his ears are distinctive. Does anyone know whose they resemble?
Old 10-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie View Post
Yeah, it sounds unhealthy to have a frozen fruit cake two years old. Yuck!!
It's perfectly safe. The issue is that after that time, many of the flavor compounds have broken down. So it is less flavorful - or sometimes, tastes different.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Prince George is adorable; I think he looks a lot like William did as a baby. I love his hand actions. He also seems to be a big baby!

Regarding godparents, Zara totally took me by surprise as I was expecting neither her or Peter and spouses to attend since Anne wasn't attending. What also took me by surprise was that Harry and Pippa weren't chosen. I was correct about a van Cutsem being on the list, but I thought of Hugh instead of William.

Here's a link to some HQ photos: MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
Harry and Pips read at the service - a nice touch!

Re: "There were 23 guests in total: 5 Royals, 4 Middletons, and the 7 godparents and their spouses. The only extended family members to be included were the Tindalls, as Zara is a godparent. None of William's aunts or uncles (M-W or Spencer) or Catherine's aunts or uncles were present." - Nanny was also there.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Re: "There were 23 guests in total: 5 Royals, 4 Middletons, and the 7 godparents and their spouses. The only extended family members to be included were the Tindalls, as Zara is a godparent. None of William's aunts or uncles (M-W or Spencer) or Catherine's aunts or uncles were present.http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums....php?p=1611465" - Nanny was also there.
Nanny would then make guest 23, as Earl a Grosvenor is unmarried.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
It's perfectly safe. The issue is that after that time, many of the flavor compounds have broken down. So it is less flavorful - or sometimes, tastes different.
I know this is a repeat of my earlier post but, you do not freeze it. The preserved fruit (sultanas raisins etc) plus the alcohol (brandy, run) preserve the cake. Stored in an airtight tin it will alst a very long time. All it is doing is utilising old methods of preserving food. And it is perfectly safe. Also, the fruit and rich flavour improve with age (but wouldn't if you froze it for long periods). Those who think this is an issue obviously dont bake.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Courtier

this may not be possible, but can any one please post a picture of all 3 on or about the same age as George? (mom, dad, baby). I seem to be looking in all the wrong places today and can not find Williams Christening picture, but then again, I am computer illerate and cant figure this thing out.
Thanks in advance.
p.s. I think he has Williams chubby cheeks and thats were it ends. He looks like George.

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge