The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-23-2013, 12:15 PM
Courtier

I've learned two things today:

1. Family kiss the queen, then curtsy or bow their head to her
2. Everyone thanks the ministers - all the baptisms I have attended have been during the service so I never see the family saying thank you to the ministers. I suppose since this was a very small service, this seems more pronounced.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:15 PM
Nobility

The first few pictures I looked at, I thought George looked quite Windsor-y in general, but as I was watching the video, I paused it at one point, and whatever angle/expression it caught him in, I thought he looked so much like Kate, especially his nose. It will be fun to watch him grow and change - he's a handsome little guy.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I think George really has the most similarity to Kate with sometimes a look of William

The only 2 surprises for the godparent choice for me where - Hugh Earl Grosvenor (but his father the Duke is Williams godfather so in many ways its a lovely touch that his son his godfather to William's son) and then the friend of Diana was a totally surprise. Im glad they didn't choose either Harry or Pippa or James - they are aunt and uncle that's enough

Thought all the cream of Kate, Pippa and Camilla was too much - would have been better to have been a colour for Kate at least to contrast to the christening robe of George

Old 10-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post

2. Everyone thanks the ministers - all the baptisms I have attended have been during the service so I never see the family saying thank you to the ministers. I suppose since this was a very small service, this seems more pronounced.
I found the kisses to the Queen great fun to watch - Camilla didn't quite make it, thanks to HM's hat, but had a very warm greeting with Philip.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harry almost running over to kiss HM looked hilarious

Old 10-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post

Ha! I've never noticed they did that before. It was so obvious that they kissed HM first.
I guess I always thank the minister, so it didn't seem odd to me.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Royal Highness

I loved the warm greetings they all gave each other. I still feel for the Middleton's as no matter what they do, so many in England will pick on them, their clothes, how they made their money, rising above themselves socially..etc. I think that if William, who seems to be a very astute young man, and not stupid, loves them and makes sure they know they are part of his family, then that is all that matters to me.

I also thought it was so cute how Harry ran to Granny and how sweet Camilla is with Philip.

Their outfits were beautiful for an autumn christening...the sun shined brightly, and little George behaved himself quite well for the cameras. I am excited for the official pictures and hopefully one of the Queen and her 3 direct heirs!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Catherine looked very sweet I found her very elegant!
George is too cute and beautiful and for the moment he's the spitting image of William... But I think he is going to look like Kate a little bit as he grows up...
A silly question : Isn't the frozen cake disgusting? I mean... 2 years have passed! (Sorry I am italian and I can't help thinking of food
P.S.: Who was holding P. George as he was being christened? Parents or godparents?
I had a taste of frozen wedding cake and I have to admit that it was not delicious.

Maybe the WillKat cake, preserved by the hands of experts, tasted better.

Anyway the thing to do where I live is to have a smaller replica of one's wedding cake done for events like 1st wedding anniversaries and christenings, instead of saving frozen tiers. Especially since some couples do not have their first child for quite some time after their wedding.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Aristocracy

I can't wait for the official pictures. I thought that George looked most like William at least at first glance. Beautiful baby.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Catherine looked very sweet I found her very elegant!
George is too cute and beautiful and for the moment he's the spitting image of William... But I think he is going to look like Kate a little bit as he grows up...
A silly question : Isn't the frozen cake disgusting? I mean... 2 years have passed! (Sorry I am italian and I can't help thinking of food
P.S.: Who was holding P. George as he was being christened? Parents or godparents?
I'm Italian too and I had the same thought...well, my first though was "are they really that stingy?" but then of course I realized that they married in 2011 and there was a slight chance it could be just a replica LMAO but then gain I read somewhere that it was a tier of the wedding cake...now I'm confused
Old 10-23-2013, 12:47 PM
Courtier

I think that George is a good combination of William and Catherine. He was Williams' lips and Catherine's cheeks. Check out photos of Catherine as a baby -- round face, chubby cheeks. :)
Old 10-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Majesty

I thought it was very nice how the Archbishop of London kissed Carole's hand upon greeting her.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1h
The Cabinet have given Prince George a hand-crafted pine toy box as a christening present. They paid for it themselves.

JB ‏@Royal_beans 1m
Prince William reportedly joked of his son that “this is the first time he’s been quiet all day.”

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I had forgotten this about Julia Samuel. I had forgotten the whole backstory about Di's "retirement." This choice would make Diana smile for a large number of reasons. It makes me smile.
How Diana and Wills have helped a mother bring hope to grieving children | Mail Online
First- Very touching and moving article. Love the photo of William listening with his heart.
Second- Lovely. Kate and William radiate love, joy, and pride. I have never seen William happier. The Queen and Kate both looked divine.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I have to say that I am pleased with the choices (not that I need to be). And being an aunt myself, I am not one of my nieces godparents and took no offense when I was not asked. I will say that I have taken a much larger part in their lives that any of their godparents. So no Pippa, James or Harry does not surprise me. Being an Aunt/Uncle is a gift/honor all unto itself.
So love that they honored Zara and Jamie LP. I do admire the steady hand Jamie has provided both William and Harry over the years.

Vey well said princess gerturde. I could be godmother to my nieces and nephew but it wouldn't make me any closer than I am to them.It's not something I would think about day to day or when I spend time with them.

It's a nice honor to people who you may or may not end up that close to your children but for aunts and uncles it's a pretty special role as it is.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Majesty

Archbishop: 'Help Prince George to grow and flourish'-
Archbishop: 'Help Prince George to grow and flourish' - ITV News

Queen selects brooch marking birth of Charles in 1948
Queen selects brooch marking birth of Charles in 1948 - ITV News

Prince William's former nanny attends christening-
Prince William's former nanny attends christening - ITV News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Royal Highness

What an adorable baby! I melt with chubby cheeks, it makes me wanna eat him

About his features, I think he doesn't look like neither of his parents, of course he has some small points that are of William and Catherine. BUT overall George is very much like him, to explain better, he has his own facial characteristics and features, that makes his own and only.

For a 3 month-old he's quite big right? I could mistake him for a 8/9 month old. And his eyes sure are dark IMO, maybe he takes after his mommy.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Re christening cakes. The cake is not normally frozen. It is normally a fruit based cake ( raisins, sultanas type "fruit"). It is then covered with mazipan and icing. If placed in an airtight tin, it keeps, in fact some say it improves in flavour, probably as another ingredient is normally brandy or rum.

it is a tradition in the Uk for many,many years.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

It's nice that that they had a mix of godparents that are friends and a family member. Zara came as a total surprise and not choosing Harry or Pippa was also a surprise but for some reason I am glad they didn't choose them as they are already close family members.

George is a very cute baby and looks very much like William.

Kate looked lovely today. I wish she had worn some royal/historic jewels like brooch at least.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I thought it was very nice how the Archbishop of London kissed Carole's hand upon greeting her..

JB ‏@Royal_beans 1m
Prince William reportedly joked of his son that “this is the first time he’s been quiet all day.”
I read Prince William cried Non Stop during his Christening ceremony until after it was over and Diana put her finger in William mouth
Old 10-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Majesty

Pictures:
The Christening of Prince George-
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

Prince George of Cambridge Christened in London-
Prince George of Cambridge Christened in London - Pictures - Zimbio

Dr. Maya Angelou

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge