The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Courtier

I don't think in 1948 the papers went on about how modern 'Liz and Phil' are.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:49 AM
Courtier

Scottish dressmaker behind original Victoria Royal christening gown | Mail Online

http://www.harpersbazaar.co.uk/lates...ristening-gown

Old 10-21-2013, 06:50 AM
Courtier

Am I the only one who thinks Pippa and Harry have no chances of being godparents?
Old 10-21-2013, 07:20 AM
Courtier

Maybe for baby no. 2?

Old 10-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Pippa and Harry have no chances of being godparents?
It's been interesting. Up until a week ago, most media was stating that there was no doubt that Harry and Pippa would be godparents. Then there was a report that no members from either the royal family or the Middleton family would be godparents (that report didn't mention the Spencer family). The same report named three godparents, but said there were six. This report may be accurate, but I have my doubts. Why would the "insider"only disclose three names?

That said, it's possible that they have decided to by-pass royal family and Middleton family members. William has done things like that in the past. For example, he asked Tiggy Legg-Bourke to an event at Eton in order to avoid having to choose one parent over another.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
It's been interesting. Up until a week ago, most media was stating that there was no doubt that Harry and Pippa would be godparents. Then there was a report that no members from either the royal family or the Middleton family would be godparents (that report didn't mention the Spencer family). The same report named three godparents, but said there were six. This report may be accurate, but I have my doubts. Why would the "insider"only disclose three names?

That said, it's possible that they have decided to by-pass royal family and Middleton family members. William has done things like that in the past. For example, he asked Tiggy Legg-Bourke to an event at Eton in order to avoid having to choose one parent over another.
bc thats all they know...some of the people asked may have had to ask for the day off...I am sure Roya Nikkhah did more digging to try and find out the other three and was unable too..what does that mean...it means people are either not talking or finding people connected to them are harder...

I think the sunday times article said no immediate members of the spencers were asked...which may mean diana's sisters weren't asked..

We will find out everything soon enough...
Old 10-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iisuzieii View Post
bc thats all they know...some of the people asked may have had to ask for the day off...I am sure Roya Nikkhah did more digging to try and find out the other three and was unable too..what does that mean...it means people are either not talking or finding people connected to them are harder...

I think the sunday times article said no immediate members of the spencers were asked...which may mean diana's sisters weren't asked..

We will find out everything soon enough...
You may be right, but if someone is close enough to know 3 names, wouldn't they be close enough to know all 6? It could be that William and Catherine were testing people by giving them different names and then seeing which names showed up in the tabloid. On the other hand, the source may be guessing...
Old 10-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Aristocracy

The might have asked friends(of the people asked) or co-workers of theirs...all these people might not necessarily be friends with each other...its also possible they asked some one in the palace off the record who they asked...and thats all they knew..

The others may not have told friends/family and if they did they are obviously not blabbing.

I think there is a good chance the three Roya Nikkhah found are accurate...two of them were people expected to be asked (Emilia and hugh van cutsem).

Remember she also supposedly ruled out alot of people..saying they weren't asked...(she ruled out trini,middletons, Windsors, james meade and tvs and obviously guy pelly ruled himself out). The interesting thing KP didn't deny the three known were asked...but we will have confirmation soon enough.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iisuzieii View Post
The might have asked friends(of the people asked) or co-workers of theirs...all these people might not necessarily be friends with each other...its also possible they asked some one in the palace off the record who they asked...and thats all they knew..

The others may not have told friends/family and if they did they are obviously not blabbing.

I think there is a good chance the three Roya Nikkhah found are accurate...two of them were people expected to be asked (Emilia and hugh van cutsem).

Remember she also supposedly ruled out alot of people..saying they weren't asked...(she ruled out trini,middletons, Windsors, james meade and tvs and obviously guy pelly ruled himself out). The interesting thing KP didn't deny the three known were asked...but we will have confirmation soon enough.
I understand that the three people mentioned may have confided to someone who talked to the media. But how can Roya Nikkhah disclose who was ruled out without knowing the identity of the other 3? Nikkhah must think the source is in has William and Catherine's confidence

I agree that we will know for sure very soon.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Maybe for baby no. 2?
Agreed I'm sure Pippa and Harry have no chances to become godparents of the future King. Well, we have to wait for baby no. 2
Old 10-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'd be 100% surprised, and frankly disappointed if William and Catherine both decided to have neither Henry nor Philippa as a godparent. Save the "friends" for baby No2 IMO.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Serene Highness

I don't see it as a big deal. Being George's aunt and uncle trumps any godparent.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree skippyboo that being an aunt or uncle trumps godparent! They may be chosen for the second child, but I think friends, or cousins are a better choice.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Courtier

William changes Prince George nappies and the Queen tucks him into bed (as imagined by Alison Jackson) | Mail Online

I hope the royal couple take legal action over these photos!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Majesty

Allison Jackson and these lookalikes have been at this since William & Catherine announced their engagement and they've been pushing the boundaries ever since. I think the pictures are creepy and just down right silly.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'd be 100% surprised, and frankly disappointed if William and Catherine both decided to have neither Henry nor Philippa as a godparent. Save the "friends" for baby No2 IMO.
I have to agree with this. Call me old-fashioned, but I'd have my sister/brother in a heartbeat as godparent to my child, especially if I'm on good terms with them as my family. Why tempt fate and wait for a second child?

But the big question for me is: with so many godparents, who will actually hold George during the christening? Or will they take turns, being timed before passing the baby along to the next?
Old 10-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Ha ha, this are hilarious. At times the look alikes look real.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We know the images are fake. The best part of it is that even though these pictures are a spoof and its all make believe, its not that far flung to think that this could actually very well be situations within the Cambridge family. I do think William and Kate would most certainly celebrate a family bath with their wee one and I most certainly believe that great Granny would be just as hands on with George as her counterpart in the spoof is.

Its all part of being a family. A private family with private moments such as these. I love it!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

These photos are a lot of fun; I love how the bath bubbles are strategically placed over the baby's "royal jewels"!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
What are they going to do? Sue people for looking like them?

These pictures are nothing compared to caricatures of Queen Victoria that were done in her time.

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge