The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #341  
Old 10-19-2013, 02:31 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LONDON, United Kingdom
Posts: 788
Prince George is not the only royal baby to be christened in the Chapel Royal at St James’s Palace this year. Next month, Miss Maud Windsor – daughter of Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and granddaughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent – will also be baptised there.

Majesty Magazine - The Quality Royal Magazine

Welcome to the world's favourite Royal magazine online
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 10-19-2013, 02:34 AM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Prince George is not the only royal baby to be christened in the Chapel Royal at St James’s Palace this year. Next month, Miss Maud Windsor – daughter of Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and granddaughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent – will also be baptised there.

Majesty Magazine - The Quality Royal Magazine

Welcome to the world's favourite Royal magazine online
Does Maud not have any sort of honorific with her name? Just curious.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 10-19-2013, 03:12 AM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Does Maud not have any sort of honorific with her name? Just curious.
Nope. Her father is styled as the younger son of a Duke because he's the son of a Prince who holds no other titles. As his title is by courtesy, he has nothing to extend to his children - this is comparable to Lord Nicholas Windsor's children, who also don't have any honourifics.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 10-19-2013, 03:14 AM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Nope. Her father is styled as the younger son of a Duke because he's the son of a Prince who holds no other titles. As his title is by courtesy, he has nothing to extend to his children - this is comparable to Lord Nicholas Windsor's children, who also don't have any honourifics.
Ah, thank you. That makes sense.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 10-19-2013, 11:49 AM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,135
I hope we'll get the same amount of photos from Maud's (and Prince George's) christening as we did in her photo shoot.

***
The Daily Mail is doing an "a-z" of Prince George's christening:

A topless male model, fruit cake drenched in booze... and a poignant tribute to Diana: An A-Z guide to Prince George's christening next week | Mail Online
__________________
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Reply With Quote
  #346  
Old 10-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,752
Prince George's big day: The christening of the future king:
A Channel 5 documentary celebrates the forthcoming christening of Prince George-
Prince George's big day: The christening of the future king | TV & Radio | Entertainment | Daily Express

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-ro...royal-babies-2
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 10-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Elly C's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Prince George's big day: The christening of the future king: A Channel 5 documentary celebrates the forthcoming christening of Prince George- Prince George's big day: The christening of the future king | TV & Radio | Entertainment | Daily Express http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-ro...royal-babies-2
Can't imagine how this programme will fill the time other than with endless pundits offering little more than speculation - Not least because there is hardly any footage of the little prince to include.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #348  
Old 10-19-2013, 06:04 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,416
I've read the Express article and it is awful. Here are some examples:

1. The christening is apparently "the first step toward grooming the youngest member of the royal family to become king one day." What?? as if he'll remember. If the author had said becoming a member of CoE I'd have thought ok, but the word "grooming"?

2. "Baby George is half–royal, half–commoner, which is probably a good thing for the monarchy going forward, because we're living in very modern times," - correct, like right now!

3.The fact that Kate and William decamped from hospital to the Middletons' home in Bucklebury, Berkshire, after George was born, rather than to a palace, shows that they're taking a down–to–earth approach to parenthood. - Ignores the fact that there was no royal palace to take him to!

4."There are no huge trappings of wealth and fame and royalty. They're not taking advantage of their position – they're just trying to be hands–on parents." This is a nonsense - of course there are trappings of royalty and wealth - they live in a palace, g-gran is Queen and then there are titles, security, staff etc.


5. But the royal mother who really blazed a trail in the nursery in terms of hands–on parenting was Princess Diana. Please - nursery nurses and nannies from day 1; boarding school asap. Nothing wrong with that - it's how the nobility do it. And I get fed up with just Diana being mentioned.

6. Diana was a confident mother who was keen to introduce William and Harry to as much normal life as possible. in the same report as " they're not being dictated to by who Diana described as 'the men in grey suits' at Buckingham Palace. So Diana was confident and dictated to?

7. Little Prince George has a daunting career ahead of him. But with the support of two loving parents and, let's face it, a life of some privilege, he's got the best possible head start.
More contradiction.


Its a space filler. Even the author and her source can't make their minds up
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #349  
Old 10-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 1,095
That channel 5 show is 45 minutes long. There is about 2 minutes of George footage in existence. The rest is probably archival footage of William, Harry, Charles and the queen. All seen before.


The Sunday mail has a laughable article claiming that Cressida has been invited to the christening along with 60 others including Nico and Donna Air then morphs to showing pictures of Cressida's mom in the sixties .
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #350  
Old 10-19-2013, 07:29 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 150
I got the distinct impression from kp comments that the christening will be much smaller than that...like no more than the immediate family, godparents and spouses and maybe harry, james and pippa's significant others will be there but, 60 seems like too many..for a quote "intimate family affair"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #351  
Old 10-19-2013, 07:59 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,416
Sunday Times is proposing that Jason Bell is the photographer for the christening:

From rock royalty to George

SUMMARY

A BRITISH photographer best known for his dramatic portraits of musicians, actors and sport stars has emerged as the frontrunner to take Prince George’s official christening pictures this week.

In a break with tradition, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are understood to favour Jason Bell, who has worked for publications such as Vanity Fair, Vogue and The Sunday Times as well as having his works exhibited in the National Portrait Gallery, which owns 50 of his pictures.

It is understood that his work there caught the eye of the duchess, one of the gallery’s patrons.
Bell, 44, who studied philosophy, politics and economics at Oxford University, specialises in portraits of rock and Hollywood royalty including Sir Paul McCartney, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter…..David Beckham, the actress Scarlett Johansson and the singer Robbie Williams.

Bell is understood to have been on a shortlist for the christening of at least three photographers including John Swannell, who took the official portraits for the Queen’s diamond jubilee in 2012, and Jillian Edelstein, a South African-born portrait photographer. Each is understood to have attended an interview for the commission over recent weeks.

Asked this weekend if he had secured the commission, Bell said: “I can’t confirm that.”
Swannell, 66, said: “Unfortunately I didn’t get it…..I believe they have gone for someone younger and perhaps more modern.

Edelstein, who has taken portraits of Kate Moss and Nelson Mandela, said: “I did go for an interview at the palace.... I haven’t got the job.”

The duke and duchess are understood to have wanted a photographer who could capture both the significance of the ceremony and the feeling of an “intimate” family christening.
The palace said: “The photographer will be named on Tuesday.”
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #352  
Old 10-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I've read the Express article and it is awful. Here are some examples:

1. The christening is apparently "the first step toward grooming the youngest member of the royal family to become king one day." What?? as if he'll remember. If the author had said becoming a member of CoE I'd have thought ok, but the word "grooming"?

2. "Baby George is half–royal, half–commoner, which is probably a good thing for the monarchy going forward, because we're living in very modern times," - correct, like right now!

3.The fact that Kate and William decamped from hospital to the Middletons' home in Bucklebury, Berkshire, after George was born, rather than to a palace, shows that they're taking a down–to–earth approach to parenthood. - Ignores the fact that there was no royal palace to take him to!

4."There are no huge trappings of wealth and fame and royalty. They're not taking advantage of their position – they're just trying to be hands–on parents." This is a nonsense - of course there are trappings of royalty and wealth - they live in a palace, g-gran is Queen and then there are titles, security, staff etc.


5. But the royal mother who really blazed a trail in the nursery in terms of hands–on parenting was Princess Diana. Please - nursery nurses and nannies from day 1; boarding school asap. Nothing wrong with that - it's how the nobility do it. And I get fed up with just Diana being mentioned.

6. Diana was a confident mother who was keen to introduce William and Harry to as much normal life as possible. in the same report as " they're not being dictated to by who Diana described as 'the men in grey suits' at Buckingham Palace. So Diana was confident and dictated to?

7. Little Prince George has a daunting career ahead of him. But with the support of two loving parents and, let's face it, a life of some privilege, he's got the best possible head start.
More contradiction.


Its a space filler. Even the author and her source can't make their minds up
Mostly you are quite right, except for "some privilege". He has all "privilege". No working, no money problems, no housing problems, nothing. He has the biggest "silver spoon" there is. They are a nice couple and I think they will do well, in their lives and with their child. But "privilege" is just what it is. This kid will never have to worry about anything.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #353  
Old 10-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post

Mostly you are quite right, except for "some privilege". He has all "privilege". No working, no money problems, no housing problems, nothing. He has the biggest "silver spoon" there is. They are a nice couple and I think they will do well, in their lives and with their child. But "privilege" is just what it is. This kid will never have to worry about anything.
Except that almost every moment of his life will be followed and commented by the world.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #354  
Old 10-19-2013, 10:27 PM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,752
Dani Garavelli: Preparing for a christening:
Dani Garavelli: Preparing for a christening - The Scotsman

Prince George's big day: Your invitation to the christening of the year-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...ng-of-the-year
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
Reply With Quote
  #355  
Old 10-19-2013, 11:03 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I hope we'll get the same amount of photos from Maud's (and Prince George's) christening as we did in her photo shoot.

***
The Daily Mail is doing an "a-z" of Prince George's christening:

A topless male model, fruit cake drenched in booze... and a poignant tribute to Diana: An A-Z guide to Prince George's christening next week | Mail Online
Mmmmm... something tells me we'll get more than enough photos of Maud.

As for George, hey, I'm glad there's a photographer!

If we don't get a formal four generations of monarchs shot released I'll be really mad and I don't think I'll be alone.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
Reply With Quote
  #356  
Old 10-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,034
We have not had a picture of George which has an "expression" on it yet. He does not, so far, have a mobile face like cousin Maud Windsor. Perhaps he will always be a stolid person, non-charismatic. Or maybe his stolid stance will be interpreted as mystery, over and over and over. The strong silent type. He may be very tall and big like an iceberg.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #357  
Old 10-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 2,168
Lots of speculation about who'll be attending; will Cressida Bonas show up with Harry?
Will Peter or Zara be godparents? What about Beatrice, or Pippa? Will they bring their boyfriends? What will Kate wear?

I expect the press will have a field day on Wednesday, and little George will be more or less an afterthought.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #358  
Old 10-20-2013, 09:58 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 150
I highly doubt george will be an after thought..giving how little we see of him...the day the pictures come out which from what I understand will be thursday and he will probably be plastered all over them...and on wednesday all the british tabs will be pretty much writing the same stuff....i really think the report of 60 people coming is wrong...small intimate family affair is way less than that. I think the only royals that will be there are the obvious ones...I don't think Anne's family will be there or Beatrice will be there either.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #359  
Old 10-20-2013, 10:04 AM
csw csw is online now
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Columbus, United States
Posts: 383
I apologize in advance for being negative in this post. These are just my first impressions.

I went to Jason Bell's site to look at some examples of his portraits (Jason Bell | Photographer). If he is the photographer, I hope he focuses on the faces of the people a bit more than he does in those in his archive. I was a bit dissatisfied with many of the ones in his archive because the people were overwhelmed by the background and even in the clean close-ups the positioning of the person served more to distract from "seeing" them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #360  
Old 10-20-2013, 10:18 AM
NoorMeansLight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,969
I heard that Cressida got invited indeed.

Looking so much forward to this christening!
__________________

__________________
With passion and poetry...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]