Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Photos of some of the christening souvenirs that are already on sale:

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/wp...3/10/palte.jpg
http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/wp...titled-1_3.jpg
http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/wp...ving_cup_1.jpg

I wonder if the letters on the cup and plate are Prince George's monogram? They look very monogram like to me. Or it could just be a design the potter who made them thought of as I haven't seen it before/there haven't been any announcements of George receiving a monogram.

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:06 AM
Gentry

It's a sweet design for crockery.
I hope there are more than one or two photos released of Prince George's Christening on the 23rd.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 6m
#royal Kensington Palace confirms Prince #George's christening will start at 1500hrs and will last approximately 45 minutes.

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd
Old 10-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Serene Highness

So afternoon time. Interesting, I would have thought morning time but thats o.k. I just hope there are pictures or even a video. Would be great if we all got to see the ceremony, just like little Estelle. Cant hurt to dream. :)
Old 10-17-2013, 12:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm wondering if the couple will release any official pictures of just the three of them again?

Old 10-17-2013, 01:13 AM
Majesty

I get the feeling we will get one or two photos on Wednesday and then will probably have to wait until next July to maybe get a first birthday photo.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:45 AM
Courtier

There will be photos from the christening. At the minimum: George with his parents and godparents, George with his parents and immediate family on both sides and the queen holding George with Charles and William. Probably also a shot of William, Kate and George. There will be video of the photo shoot.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Courtier

It would be nice if they released pics on a regular basis like Victoria and Daniel do with Estelle.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
It would be nice if they released pics on a regular basis like Victoria and Daniel do with Estelle.
I'm sure there would be people complaining about that. There are people here who feel that Victoria uses Estelle for her own popularity.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I would hope William & Catherine will follow the same path of Victoria & Daniel, Frederik & Mary and even Haakon & Mette-Marit. I think releasing official pictures of the family is the best way to go. Even Charles & Diana did it.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Serene Highness

Indeed. There would be no harm in introducing the little Prince to the world since that is what we all waited for. We went through the ups and downs of Williams life to he and Catherine becoming engaged and to the wedding of the century and then to the pregnancy we all waited for. I would think that they both know how pasionate all of the followers are and would therefore accept the fact that everyone will always want to see them and HRH George. I know for myself, I will follow their lives until I am too old and cant see or hear anymore or I just plain drop dead. :)
Old 10-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I'm sure there would be people complaining about that. There are people here who feel that Victoria uses Estelle for her own popularity.
Seriously??? Victoria??? How absurd!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

Agreed. I dont think that Victoria uses Estelle at all and I dont know where that idea is coming from. I doubt that alot of us even think that. Victoria is a wonderful woman who loves Estelle deeply and I doubt she would ever do anything to that little girl that could jeopardise her well being. Quite frankly Victoria doesnt need to use anyone for her own gain. She is a confident woman who is already quite popular and well liked among the people therefore she needs no one to make her look good. I am sure that she is quite secure in who she is and what she does.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Agreed. I dont think that Victoria uses Estelle at all and I dont know where that idea is coming from. I doubt that alot of us even think that. Victoria is a wonderful woman who loves Estelle deeply and I doubt she would ever do anything to that little girl that could jeopardise her well being. Quite frankly Victoria doesnt need to use anyone for her own gain. She is a confident woman who is already quite popular and well liked among the people therefore she needs no one to make her look good. I am sure that she is quite secure in who she is and what she does.
I think that Victoria and Daniel are "using" pictures of Estelle quite wisely by publishing some pictures of her from time to time. That does harm no one. And for the rest of the time Estelle is kept private. I think they handle it very wonderfully. I wish William and Kate will do the same when little Prince George is a litte bit older. He is just a three months old baby at the moment. I can imagine they his parents want to keep this special time for themselves which I can absolutely understand.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Let's put it this way. Are there really any new parents that aren't steeped in prejudice about how their child is the most wonderful, amazing, totally the best looking child in the entire word and a candidate for Mensa to boot?

The royal parents are no different from any other parents.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness

True. I understand that he is still a baby and that this is a special time for William and Catherine to enjoy their little boy but, as he does get older I think it would be a good idea to introduce the boy to the world. I remember that William was still a baby when he was introduced and so was Henry for that matter. I know William wasnt and still is not keen on the media but it is something that he and Catherine will have to deal with considering who they are and their importance in the BRF. We will just have to wait and see how they are going to handle this situation as time goes on.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
True. I understand that he is still a baby and that this is a special time for William and Catherine to enjoy their little boy but, as he does get older I think it would be a good idea to introduce the boy to the world. I remember that William was still a baby when he was introduced and so was Henry for that matter. I know William wasnt and still is not keen on the media but it is something that he and Catherine will have to deal with considering who they are and their importance in the BRF. We will just have to wait and see how they are going to handle this situation as time goes on.
I do think they will keep the public informed on the life and times of HRH Prince George of Cambridge but they will not overly saturate the media with George. I think they'd rather have the focus of the media on what the British Royal Family does in respect to supporting the Queen but we all know it'll be a cold day in hell before that happens. Too much fashion and rumors and creative writing of implied scandals for any kind of straight reporting.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Serene Highness

True Osipi. The importance of what they will be doing to support the Queen is important but do you really think they will be successful in getting people to be focused on that? I think there will be such a push for them to bring little George out for all the world to see that they will probably find more occassions to do it knowing that if they keep the little Prince hidden from view will only cause greater aggression, I dont think they would want that. Its a matter of give and take. Dont you think?
Old 10-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
True Osipi. The importance of what they will be doing to support the Queen is important but do you really think they will be successful in getting people to be focused on that? I think there will be such a push for them to bring little George out for all the world to see that they will probably find more occassions to do it knowing that if they keep the little Prince hidden from view will only cause greater aggression, I dont think they would want that. Its a matter of give and take. Dont you think?
I agree, we will see George and his sibs on the balcony occasions and there will be occasional portraits released. Beyond that, I guess we will see the kids about as much as we see James and Louise. The Wessexes seem to have gotten it right. They don't starve us, but the photos come from natural family outings. So, we should expect to see the Cambridge kids where Mom and Dad take them - soccer, etc.
“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 10-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Majesty

The Wessexes are minor royals though not the future King. There is an expectation that there should be more of George than Louise and James who will become increasingly sidelined as far as the royal family is concerned while George is front and centre.

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge