Christening of Prince George of Cambridge: October 23, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think in 1948 the papers went on about how modern 'Liz and Phil' are. :lol:

Am I the only one who thinks Pippa and Harry have no chances of being godparents?

Am I the only one who thinks Pippa and Harry have no chances of being godparents?

It's been interesting. Up until a week ago, most media was stating that there was no doubt that Harry and Pippa would be godparents. Then there was a report that no members from either the royal family or the Middleton family would be godparents (that report didn't mention the Spencer family). The same report named three godparents, but said there were six. This report may be accurate, but I have my doubts. Why would the "insider"only disclose three names?

That said, it's possible that they have decided to by-pass royal family and Middleton family members. William has done things like that in the past. For example, he asked Tiggy Legg-Bourke to an event at Eton in order to avoid having to choose one parent over another.

It's been interesting. Up until a week ago, most media was stating that there was no doubt that Harry and Pippa would be godparents. Then there was a report that no members from either the royal family or the Middleton family would be godparents (that report didn't mention the Spencer family). The same report named three godparents, but said there were six. This report may be accurate, but I have my doubts. Why would the "insider"only disclose three names?

That said, it's possible that they have decided to by-pass royal family and Middleton family members. William has done things like that in the past. For example, he asked Tiggy Legg-Bourke to an event at Eton in order to avoid having to choose one parent over another.

bc thats all they know...some of the people asked may have had to ask for the day off...I am sure Roya Nikkhah did more digging to try and find out the other three and was unable too..what does that mean...it means people are either not talking or finding people connected to them are harder...

I think the sunday times article said no immediate members of the spencers were asked...which may mean diana's sisters weren't asked..

We will find out everything soon enough...:flowers:

bc thats all they know...some of the people asked may have had to ask for the day off...I am sure Roya Nikkhah did more digging to try and find out the other three and was unable too..what does that mean...it means people are either not talking or finding people connected to them are harder...

I think the sunday times article said no immediate members of the spencers were asked...which may mean diana's sisters weren't asked..

We will find out everything soon enough...:flowers:

You may be right, but if someone is close enough to know 3 names, wouldn't they be close enough to know all 6? It could be that William and Catherine were testing people by giving them different names and then seeing which names showed up in the tabloid. On the other hand, the source may be guessing...

The might have asked friends(of the people asked) or co-workers of theirs...all these people might not necessarily be friends with each other...its also possible they asked some one in the palace off the record who they asked...and thats all they knew..

The others may not have told friends/family and if they did they are obviously not blabbing.

I think there is a good chance the three Roya Nikkhah found are accurate...two of them were people expected to be asked (Emilia and hugh van cutsem).

Remember she also supposedly ruled out alot of people..saying they weren't asked...(she ruled out trini,middletons, Windsors, james meade and tvs and obviously guy pelly ruled himself out). The interesting thing KP didn't deny the three known were asked...but we will have confirmation soon enough.

Last edited:
The might have asked friends(of the people asked) or co-workers of theirs...all these people might not necessarily be friends with each other...its also possible they asked some one in the palace off the record who they asked...and thats all they knew..

The others may not have told friends/family and if they did they are obviously not blabbing.

I think there is a good chance the three Roya Nikkhah found are accurate...two of them were people expected to be asked (Emilia and hugh van cutsem).

Remember she also supposedly ruled out alot of people..saying they weren't asked...(she ruled out trini,middletons, Windsors, james meade and tvs and obviously guy pelly ruled himself out). The interesting thing KP didn't deny the three known were asked...but we will have confirmation soon enough.
I understand that the three people mentioned may have confided to someone who talked to the media. But how can Roya Nikkhah disclose who was ruled out without knowing the identity of the other 3? Nikkhah must think the source is in has William and Catherine's confidence

I agree that we will know for sure very soon.

I'd be 100% surprised, and frankly disappointed if William and Catherine both decided to have neither Henry nor Philippa as a godparent. Save the "friends" for baby No2 IMO.

I don't see it as a big deal. Being George's aunt and uncle trumps any godparent.

I agree skippyboo that being an aunt or uncle trumps godparent! They may be chosen for the second child, but I think friends, or cousins are a better choice.

Allison Jackson and these lookalikes have been at this since William & Catherine announced their engagement and they've been pushing the boundaries ever since. I think the pictures are creepy and just down right silly.

I'd be 100% surprised, and frankly disappointed if William and Catherine both decided to have neither Henry nor Philippa as a godparent. Save the "friends" for baby No2 IMO.

I have to agree with this. Call me old-fashioned, but I'd have my sister/brother in a heartbeat as godparent to my child, especially if I'm on good terms with them as my family. Why tempt fate and wait for a second child?

But the big question for me is: with so many godparents, who will actually hold George during the christening? Or will they take turns, being timed before passing the baby along to the next? :lol:

Last edited:
We know the images are fake. The best part of it is that even though these pictures are a spoof and its all make believe, its not that far flung to think that this could actually very well be situations within the Cambridge family. I do think William and Kate would most certainly celebrate a family bath with their wee one and I most certainly believe that great Granny would be just as hands on with George as her counterpart in the spoof is.

Its all part of being a family. A private family with private moments such as these. I love it!

These photos are a lot of fun; I love how the bath bubbles are strategically placed over the baby's "royal jewels"!

Archbishop of Canterbury hopes royal baptism will inspire others:
BBC News - Archbishop of Canterbury hopes royal baptism will inspire others

Pictures:
The Chapel Royal At St James's Palace Where Prince George of Cambridge Is To Be Christened-
Search - Getty Images : GBR: The Chapel Royal At St James's Palace Where Prince George of Cambridge Is To Be Christened#

Video:
Prince George's christening 'hugely important', says Archbishop of Canterbury-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-important-says-Archbishop-of-Canterbury.html

Last edited:
Can we expect to have the godparents announced tomorrow? Or are they not going to release them until Wednesday?

Couldn't agree more. Besides, George is the future King, I think it would be so odd if he receives a full line of godparents consisting only of William and Catherine's friends.

I wouldn't be surprised if Harry was not asked to be a godparent ... after all, Andrew was not asked to be Williams' while he is one of Harry's godparents. I think Pippa may have had her 15 minutes of fame. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a combination of Peter/Zara/Beatrice, someone from the Spencer clan, Tiggy, and a few other friends/relatives. I don't expect any foreign royals -- they really don't seem to "hang" with the other royal families a la the Scandinavian and Benelux countries -- that group tend to be of the same age/experience group.

Of course .... we have less than 48 hours before we know the names. :)

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 2h
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked Jason Bell to be the official photographer at the christening of their son, Prince George

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2h
Jason Bell will take official photos of Prince George at Clarence House after his christening service tomorrow. Pics will be released Thurs

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 3h
Jason Bell was likely introduced to Duchess of Cambridge through National Portrait Gallery where he has exhibited and Kate is patron

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 3h
Mr. Bell will take the official photographs at Clarence House following the service in the Chapel Royal, Kensington Palace said today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=254D9Qy8l_U&feature=c4-overview&list=UUvuu_bYTC9TZZJ-VSUVCHvw

Last edited:
Prince George Christening: Archbishop's Message-
Prince George Christening: Archbishop's Message

Sky News will have Full Coverage of The Royal Christening. Yeah, outside coverage.

For coverage of Prince George's christening on Wednesday October 23 watch on Sky 501, Virgin Media 602, Freesat 202, Freeview 82, Skynews.com and Sky News for iPad.

Thank You!
I just can't believe there will be a direct coverage of ceremony.

What time is the beginning of Prince George's royal baby christening's coverage?

The ceremony won't be broadcasted but there will be coverage of the arrivals and departures.
It starts at 3pm UK time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom