Christening of Prince George of Cambridge: October 23, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice pic, but so disappointed they didn't recreate the Queen Victoria picture with the Queen holding George. It's an opportunity missed I feel.

I had forgotten this about Julia Samuel. I had forgotten the whole backstory about Di's "retirement." This choice would make Diana smile for a large number of reasons. It makes me smile. :flowers:
How Diana and Wills have helped a mother bring hope to grieving children | Mail Online

Very important choice someone that can give George a personal insight into who his Grandmother Diana was as a person and friend.
I think this was a really clever choice on Will and Kates part because it also gives connection to the philanthropic aspects to the role of being royal with the charity link as well as Diana.:)

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 1m
#royal Interestingly there are no snaps with Godparents released to the press - Duke and Duchess' decision no doubt

Very nice Photos. Well one to Jason Bell.

I was hoping that in the Four Generation Photos that the Queen would be holding Prince George like Queen Victoria holding Prince Edward (Later Edward VIII) but it is still a nice photo of The Queen and her Three Heirs and it a historical.

I'm a bit surprised there isn't a photo with all the godparents. ...but, I'm not complaining - these are great!

Is there anywhere to see it besides The Telegraph? I've gone over my 10 free articles a month, apparently.

If you use firefox as your browser you can open the site in a new private window and that should override the blocking. ;)

Well that's lovely, especially the group photos but i'm sorry to say that there's something quite weird about Catherine's face ...

I LOVED the one of William, Kate and George, but am a little disappointed with the other pictures. I was hoping for something a little warmer, or closer or maybe seeing HM holding George, just didn't seem to be as good as I hyped it with myself. JMHO

Love the photos. Surprised there wasn't one of the godparents.

As the godparents are personal friends rather than royals etc maybe they are taking the view that the godparents are there to guide him through the private aspect of his life not the public and so have kept that photo for themselves. These photos are more in keeping with his future public role.

I particularly liked the photo of William, Kate and George as George has such a wonderful expression in that one.

Nice pic, but so disappointed they didn't recreate the Queen Victoria picture with the Queen holding George. It's an opportunity missed I feel.
Agree. Maybe one day we will get a photo of The Queen holding Prince George like Queen Victoria holing Prince Edward. definitely a missed opportunity.

I would have loved a shot of William, Catherine, George and the godparents as well. I presume they had one taken but didn't release it (I can't believe they wouldn't have a picture taken with the godparents - even I had a picture taken with my godparents back in the day).

Kate looks way too photoshopped:ermm:

She does look odd. I don't know if she's actually been photoshopped, it might just be a bad pose - at least in the one of William, George and her. In the one with the BRF, I'm thinking it might be the lightening that makes her look way too bright.

Last edited:
There probably is a picture with the Queen holding the baby, but they didn't release it for whatever reason. My favorite is William, Catherine and George. George's expression with his hands in the air is priceless. I also like the picture of both families. Interesting that the picture with the godparents wasn't released.

i'm sorry to be negative but, although the picture of the parents and george is very cute, i don't think it should have been chosen as an official picture for the christening of a future monarch.

I agree it's one of those ones that I think they could have kept as a private photo. It looks a bit out of place as a formal portrait. Also I can't believe one with the Godparents wasn't released, surley that's one that everyone wants to see in any set of christenting pictures.Very odd.

Last edited:
A bit disappointed that HM isn't holding little George but beautiful pictures nonetheless. Love the family pic with George holding his arms up. Is it legal to be that cute ? ?

I'm a bit surprised there isn't a photo with all the godparents. ...but, I'm not complaining - these are great!

Im sure they have the full gamut of photos with everyone but I guess these are the official ones. Will and Kate seem to go to great lengths to preserve their privacy where ever they can.
There will be plenty of time when he is King that William and his family will be in full exposure to the media and public.
Privacy is their most precious commodity and they seem hell bent on protecting it and really who can blame them, Im pretty certain Id do the same if I was in their shoes.

Seeing him on the pictures from yesterday, I could have sworn that he was the image of William as a baby, only with Catherine's chipmunk cheeks But on these pictures he bears a remarkable resemblance to Catherine as a baby. He's a good mix, that one.

I am sure they have one of the Queen holding Prince George and I think we will see one someday. They could be saving it for The Queen Christmas Speech.

They are a very good looking family and didn't need photoshopping at all. Is it just me or does Kate's face actually look like a doll's in a couple of them?

In the pic of the 4 generations, I find the background of the room at Clarence House quite distracting & agree that a pic of HM holding George would have been very nice to see.

Several of, myself included, are a little disappointed that there wasn't a picture released of the Queen holding George. She may have her reasons for not holding him, or at least not having a picture of her holding him released. We will never know.

I'm happy with all of them! I think that they are great pictures. I have absolutely nothing to moan, complain or nit-pick about.

Several of, myself included, are a little disappointed that there wasn't a picture released of the Queen holding George. She may have her reasons for not holding him, or at least not having a picture of her holding him released. We will never know.
It could be that George is one of those babies that doesn't like other people holding him. :D

The photographs looks fabulous. I do love how the blue of the curtains in the room are picked up off HM's outfit! Very nice.

O.K. ... I guess I could knit-pick that there isn't a photo of HM holding George a la Queen Victoria and the future Edward VIII. However, we know how that story turned out ... so, maybe not?!

Finally ... I do love the photo of the "Touchdown" Prince! :)

Plus you get to see the gown better with William holding him. He is more likely not to fuss in his daddy's arms.

I love that the queen's handbag is in the photos. Are Britain's nuclear launch codes in that thing?

The one with WK and G is adorable. I am picturing George with a thought bubble of " Take that Lupo. I can be cute too".

i'm sorry to be negative but, although the picture of the parents and george is very cute, i don't think it should have been chosen as an official picture for the christening of a future monarch.

I think it was a nice gift for us. I like all the pictures, but the one with George holding his arms up is the type of picture people put up on Facebook or would go on a Christmas card sent to their friends. I can just see William and Catherine looking at each other and saying: "this is too cute." It's nice they included it.

Plus you get to see the gown better with William holding him. He is more likely not to fuss in his daddy's arms. I love that the queen's handbag is in the photos. Are Britain's nuclear launch codes in that thing? The one with WK and G is adorable. I am picturing George with a thought bubble of " Take that Lupo. I can be cute too".

I never thought about that and the Queen Iphone lol.

Back
Top Bottom