Christening of Prince George of Cambridge: October 23, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can see a little of William in George and Kate. In time it will become more clear. He is a chubby little bub that is for sure. I think everyone looked very smart and besides leaving out Harry they chose well. I was surprised he wasn't chosen but then he is an Uncle and I have no doubt they will be close.

Prince George is adorable; I think he looks a lot like William did as a baby. I love his hand actions. He also seems to be a big baby! :)

Regarding godparents, Zara totally took me by surprise as I was expecting neither her or Peter and spouses to attend since Anne wasn't attending. What also took me by surprise was that Harry and Pippa weren't chosen. I was correct about a van Cutsem being on the list, but I thought of Hugh instead of William.

Here's a link to some HQ photos: MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

Looks like his mother, with Williams face shape I think. Resemblance to Harry too. Pretty baby... not much in appearance like the Windsors... not yet anyway but William as a child looked nothing like them and well he is the spit of the Windsors now. Harry always and forever a Spencer with a passing resemblance to Charles (and his ears). George may well be all Middleton with a passing resemblance to his father and uncle.

I think George has the close set eyes of the Windsors. The folds of his ears are distinctive. Does anyone know whose they resemble?

Last edited:
Yeah, it sounds unhealthy to have a frozen fruit cake two years old. Yuck!!

It's perfectly safe. The issue is that after that time, many of the flavor compounds have broken down. So it is less flavorful - or sometimes, tastes different.

Prince George is adorable; I think he looks a lot like William did as a baby. I love his hand actions. He also seems to be a big baby! :)

Regarding godparents, Zara totally took me by surprise as I was expecting neither her or Peter and spouses to attend since Anne wasn't attending. What also took me by surprise was that Harry and Pippa weren't chosen. I was correct about a van Cutsem being on the list, but I thought of Hugh instead of William.

Here's a link to some HQ photos: MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

Harry and Pips read at the service - a nice touch!

Re: "There were 23 guests in total: 5 Royals, 4 Middletons, and the 7 godparents and their spouses. The only extended family members to be included were the Tindalls, as Zara is a godparent. None of William's aunts or uncles (M-W or Spencer) or Catherine's aunts or uncles were present.http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/reputation.php?p=1611465" - Nanny was also there.

Re: "There were 23 guests in total: 5 Royals, 4 Middletons, and the 7 godparents and their spouses. The only extended family members to be included were the Tindalls, as Zara is a godparent. None of William's aunts or uncles (M-W or Spencer) or Catherine's aunts or uncles were present.http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/reputation.php?p=1611465" - Nanny was also there.

Nanny would then make guest 23, as Earl a Grosvenor is unmarried.

It's perfectly safe. The issue is that after that time, many of the flavor compounds have broken down. So it is less flavorful - or sometimes, tastes different.

I know this is a repeat of my earlier post but, you do not freeze it. The preserved fruit (sultanas raisins etc) plus the alcohol (brandy, run) preserve the cake. Stored in an airtight tin it will alst a very long time. All it is doing is utilising old methods of preserving food. And it is perfectly safe. Also, the fruit and rich flavour improve with age (but wouldn't if you froze it for long periods). Those who think this is an issue obviously dont bake.

this may not be possible, but can any one please post a picture of all 3 on or about the same age as George? (mom, dad, baby). I seem to be looking in all the wrong places today and can not find Williams Christening picture, but then again, I am computer illerate and cant figure this thing out.
Thanks in advance.
p.s. I think he has Williams chubby cheeks and thats were it ends. He looks like George. :)

this may not be possible, but can any one please post a picture of all 3 on or about the same age as George? (mom, dad, baby). I seem to be looking in all the wrong places today and can not find Williams Christening picture, but then again, I am computer illerate and cant figure this thing out.
Thanks in advance.
p.s. I think he has Williams chubby cheeks and thats were it ends. He looks like George. :)

re 2nd part of post. go to search engine, put in "Prince William's christening and then (when the answers come up) just under the search input box will come "web" then "images" - click images and all the pix (and a few random others) will come up.

Happy hunting! :flowers:

I know this is a repeat of my earlier post but, you do not freeze it. The preserved fruit (sultanas raisins etc) plus the alcohol (brandy, run) preserve the cake. Stored in an airtight tin it will alst a very long time. All it is doing is utilising old methods of preserving food. And it is perfectly safe. Also, the fruit and rich flavour improve with age (but wouldn't if you froze it for long periods). Those who think this is an issue obviously dont bake.

Now you made me really curious about the cake. Do I find a good recipe online? And they all made me think it was frozen....:ohmy:

They all looked lovely. Nice service and very small. Not a big fussy thing. Very nice. I am quite an accomplished cook and baker, all the cakes and pudding frozen for 10 years, etc., sound disgusting. Some cakes take a period of time to "ripen", call it what you will. Freezing does nothing to enhance anything.

I'm pretty sure the third picture is Harry, not William.

Photos of Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince George. The photos of Philip, Charles and William are at the same age (or close) George is right now:

The Photo of Philip and Charles and William are all from their Christening.

Attachments

• philip.jpg
    philip.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 915
  • charles.jpg
    charles.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 390
  • William.jpg
    William.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 859
  • George.jpg
    George.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 250
3rd pic is William
I had to delete a post a couple minutes before because it was Of Prince Harry at his Christening. I deleted it and made a new post with the right picture of William at his Christening

I wonder if the fact that Harry and Pippa haven't married yet somehow factored into the godparent choice. Maybe they will be chosen when they are more settled into that stage of life. I can see them both being honored for a second child, as they (Harry and Pippa) are second children themselves.

I think George looks all Middleton, and quite resembles Catherine as a baby. I am looking forward to watching him grow.

Photos of Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince George. The photos of Philip, Charles and William are at the same age (or close) George is right now:

The Photo of Philip and Charles and William are all from their Christening.

Oh my...I have never seen that picture of Prince Phillip before, so thank you for that. I'll need to look at this on a bigger screen though to check comparisons between them all. However, the one of the then Duchess of Edinburgh and baby Prince Charles, isn't it funny how even though it's a b/w picture, you can tell she's wearing red? It's the only colour I can figure out in either old pictures or movies. :)

Oh, goodness! What a precious little love, and those cheeks :D...I want to eat them up! I love the serious face, and the calm demeanor. He does indeed resemble his father. What a cutie.

Very surprised and saddened that Diana's family were not represented at the Christening. A Spencer cousin as a godparent would have been a lovely tribute to William's mother. Can't believe that he went out of his way to give Kate Diana's engagement ring but on such an important day like today there seemed to be no inclusion of her. A bit of a shame and so out of character for William.

I thought the selection of Julia Samuel was William's way of remembering his mother.
As far as the Spencer family is concerned, I never got the impression that William was very attached to any of them, and I don't expect they'll be around at many of George's milestones in the future. JMO.

I must admit I really didn't think we would see as much as we did today.

I was hoping that we may see the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh, with a hope of possibly seeing Charles and Camilla. I had assumed that William, Catherine and George had been put into hiding, so I let out a bit of a scream when they all started emerging in the background :lol:

As an aside, with all the blooming conversations about the ruddy cake, it has made me wonder what happened to my wedding cake, although after 12 years I doubt anyone would remember :ROFLMAO:

no time has been given but reporters were saying pm UK time

Little Baby George is absolutely adorable! Those chubby cheeks must be hard to resist!

William looked a bit nervous prior, as if he was fearing a little crankiness during the ceremony but I must say that Kate looked wonderfully relaxed. She's really settled into motherhood naturally.

I cannot wait for the official portraits to come out tomorrow! Do you think we'll see George being held by HM?

They all looked lovely. Nice service and very small. Not a big fussy thing. Very nice. I am quite an accomplished cook and baker, all the cakes and pudding frozen for 10 years, etc., sound disgusting. Some cakes take a period of time to "ripen", call it what you will. Freezing does nothing to enhance anything.

It's not frozen. And, if you like rich fruit cakes, it tastes delicious the longer you leave it.

Please note that all speculative posts about the relationship between Camilla and the Queen have been deleted.

In addition, if you wish to discuss the recipes, please do so here
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f187/ .

Thanks!

Zonk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom