Christening of Prince George of Cambridge: October 23, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Were there any godparents that are from Kate's friends or family?

I like the fact that Hugh Grosvenor, Earl Grosvenor, was chosen to be a godparent for Prince George. This was nice because the Earl's mother, Natalia, is Prince William's godmother.

The November 11, 2013 People magazine declared:

Including Carole, Michael, sister Pippa and brother James in the christening photo "was definitely a statement by Kate and William who will raise this child," says British maternity wear designer Rosie Pope, "and the whole family will be a part of them ultimately being King and Queen one day." :king2::queen2:

The grandparents, aunts & uncles usually attend a christening.

The non-royal families of other royal babies were also photographed. The Middleton family in the photo means nothing except they are family to child.

Including Carole, Michael, sister Pippa and brother James in the christening photo "was definitely a statement by Kate and William who will raise this child," says British maternity wear designer Rosie Pope, "and the whole family will be a part of them ultimately being King and Queen one day." :king2::queen2:

I believe it means that Kate has two siblings and William has one. The child's aunt and uncles were included along with the grandparents and the great-grandparents.

People magazine isn't exactly "the source" for all things true -- royal or otherwise! The Middleton's are the grandparents. Why wouldn't they be pictured?! :bang:

Diana's parents were in the photos from William's christening! :whistling:

People magazine isn't exactly "the source" for all things true -- royal or otherwise! The Middleton's are the grandparents. Why wouldn't they be pictured?! :bang:

Diana's parents were in the photos from William's christening! :whistling:

People magazine may have errors. That is true.

The Archbishop of Canterbury, the Most Reverend Justin Welby said:

'As a nation we are celebrating the birth of someone who in due course will be the head of state. That's extraordinary. It gives you this sense of forward looking, of the forwardness of history as well as the backwardness of history, and what a gift to have this new life and to look forward.'

After Prince George's christening, Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, held a private tea at Clarence House.
The guests were served slices of christening cake.
The christening cake is a tier taken from William and Catherine's wedding cake.
I like the fact that the christening cake is from Prince George's parents' wedding cake.
A reminder of one happy event at an occurrence of a happy event!!!

The Choir of Her Majesty's Chapel Royal sang the anthem Blessed Jesu! Here We Stand.
Blessed Jesu! Here We Stand was written for the baptism of Prince George's father, Prince William, in 1982.

What a beautiful way to repeat Royal History!! :britflag:

I didn't know that. It is a very fitting and beautiful way to make the ceremony very personal to the participants.

Thanks!

Osipi, You are very welcome!! :royalstandard:

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know that. It is a very fitting and beautiful way to make the ceremony very personal to the participants.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom