The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2013, 04:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I can't remember if I've seen any of her holding Andrew or Edward.
There are pics of HM holding Andrew and Edward here:

Former nanny's letters provide a rare glimpse of the Queen's private family life | Mail Online

A quick google of "The Queen holding her children" will turn up others, too, but not many.

Old 10-25-2013, 04:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

There is, on the other hand , a photo of the Queen Mother holding William at his Christening which was very much appreciated at the time for the significance of 4 generations in the same picture.

Old 10-25-2013, 04:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
in 1894, Edward and George didn't shave theirs off - stupid comment
Very stupid, indeed! Why should James shave the beard he loves just for his nephew's christening? It would be ridiculous. Sometimes I think some people have to have SOMETHING to complain about in any situation.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:35 AM
Nobility

Reports on Twitter that two more pictures will be released in time for Sunday papers :)
Old 10-25-2013, 04:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
Reports on Twitter that two more pictures will be released in time for Sunday papers :)
Who's reporting this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslewis View Post
Very stupid, indeed! Why should James shave the beard he loves just for his nephew's christening? It would be ridiculous. Sometimes I think some people have to have SOMETHING to complain about in any situation.
So true. The complaint of men not shaving for big events seems to come up every time a royal (or related) man shows up to an event with any sort of facial hair. There seems to be this idea that they must be slobs or lazy (or both) if they don't shave; it can't be that they're deliberately growing out their facial hair because they like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
There are pics of HM holding Andrew and Edward here:

Former nanny's letters provide a rare glimpse of the Queen's private family life | Mail Online

A quick google of "The Queen holding her children" will turn up others, too, but not many.
Thank you! I knew, of course, that pictures had to exist but couldn't remember seeing them. This is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

It was Joe Little of Majesty magazine Ish. If it were anyone else, I'd wonder too, but coming from him, it gives it far more legitimacy IMO.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:59 AM
Courtier

Via Twitter 42 Minutes ago: @theroyaleditor: 2 more official Prince George photographs set to be released for UK Sunday newspapers. Perhaps The Queen will be holding the baby in them?

Look like the Journalist reporting this work for the London Evening Standard
Old 10-25-2013, 05:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Awesome, thank you.

I don't know if we should expect a picture of the Queen holding George, but I would like to see one that includes the godparents
Old 10-25-2013, 05:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Awesome, thank you. I don't know if we should expect a picture of the Queen holding George, but I would like to see one that includes the godparents
And one with both set of Grandparents (okay Three Grandparents and one step grandparent... Don't want to start any anything with William, Catherine and George .
Old 10-25-2013, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Super photos! It's so nice to see Prince George as he is an extremely handsome baby - I bet he can screem the place down when he's tired or wants feeding!

I'm looking forward to seeing the additional pictures on Sunday and think they will be just as good as these whatever the pose/composition will be.

With regard to James's beard, it suits him so well! With regard to one or two comments suggesting he ought to have shaved it off for the Christening, I do wonder if people are living on another planet - what would Prince Michael of Kent think if it was suggested he should shave his beard off at every family event?!
Old 10-25-2013, 06:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
It's so nice to see Prince George as he is an extremely handsome baby
Yeah, he is now, but I noticed that Windsors don't have attractive appearance. And young princes Charles, Edward, Andrew, even William and Harry were much more handsome than in adulthood. Maybe it's better for little George to look like Middletons.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:37 AM
Courtier

I am very much disappointed with the Queen not holding George. A very emotional connection (atleast for those seeing the photo) has been removed. They would have done it due to a strong reason..Maybe it was already nearing the end..the baby must have started getting fussing..and that would spoil the total pic..So it was better for Will to remain holding him.
That must be the only sensible reason IMO..
Old 10-25-2013, 06:44 AM
Aristocracy

For the pictures on Sunday (I hope this is true) I would really like another photo of George, Catherine and William and a photo with the godparents + parents or a photo of the Queen holding George (however this is also possible for the New Years Speech)...
Old 10-25-2013, 07:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post

I love that the queen's handbag is in the photos. Are Britain's nuclear launch codes in that thing?

A
I loved the handbag too! Can't you just see her tucking it there out of the way!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
I am very much disappointed with the Queen not holding George. A very emotional connection (atleast for those seeing the photo) has been removed. They would have done it due to a strong reason..Maybe it was already nearing the end..the baby must have started getting fussing..and that would spoil the total pic..So it was better for Will to remain holding him.
That must be the only sensible reason IMO..

I was expecting this. She never, with the exception of Peter Philips (and that photo was not taken at his christening), was photographed holding one of her grandchildren.
The Queen Mother was pictured holding both William, Harry and Charles.
Even dignified Queen Mary was photographed holding Charles and Anne at their christening, not to mention Queen Victoria at the famous 4-generation pic....
Well, the current Queen has, for whatever reasons, her strict principles (the same goes with her refusal to attend important foreign royal events) which are even for me, a staunch supporter of HM since my childhood, hard to understand! Little gestures without any great efforts could make a huge symbolic impact.
I also think it would have not been too big of a strain for the Cambridges to appear for 2 minutes in front of the palace doors after the christening to show some respect to the many faithful admires who waited for so many hours, some even with gifts! Many regard this (to make a little impact as possible) as a "modernisation of the monarchy" - I fail to see what´s "modern" about this...
Old 10-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslewis View Post

I absolutely agree! Like in the late 19th century (then even more than today) beards are fashionable with younger men - and that´s the case again since at least 7 to 10 years! In the 1980s and 90s beards or moustaches had been completely abondened (at least for young, up to date guys). But they experienced a great comeback, thanks to popular sportsmen or hollywood stars.
Okay, James Middleton is not the "beard type" and I also prefered the look he sportet at his sisters wedding, but hey, it´s his business, isn´t it?
In my opinion many men look rather better with a beard other than without it (Carl Philip of Sweden, Félipe of Spain, Pr. William King Philippe to name a few come to my mind here) and a properly cut beard is just terrific and causes even more efforts to look clean than just shave in the morning...!
Old 10-25-2013, 08:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I was expecting this. She never, with the exception of Peter Philips (and that photo was not taken at his christening), was photographed holding one of her grandchildren.
The Queen Mother was pictured holding both William, Harry and Charles.
Even dignified Queen Mary was photographed holding Charles and Anne at their christening, not to mention Queen Victoria at the famous 4-generation pic....
Well, the current Queen has, for whatever reasons, her strict principles (the same goes with her refusal to attend important foreign royal events) which are even for me, a staunch supporter of HM since my childhood, hard to understand! Little gestures without any great efforts could make a huge symbolic impact.
I also think it would have not been too big of a strain for the Cambridges to appear for 2 minuets in front of the palace doors after the christening to show some respect to the many faithful admires who waited for so many hours, some even with gifts! Many regard this (to make a little impact as possible) as a "modernisation of the monarchy" - I fail to see what´s "modern" about this...

You are right, I was dissappointed as well, it would have been a lovely gesture, both by the Queen Holding the Great-grandchild, as well as from the Cambridges
Bye Bine
Old 10-25-2013, 08:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
Yeah, he is now, but I noticed that Windsors don't have attractive appearance. And young princes Charles, Edward, Andrew, even William and Harry were much more handsome than in adulthood. Maybe it's better for little George to look like Middletons.

Very good
Bye Bine
Old 10-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
Not Harry... To me Harry is better looking now than when he was younger. With the others you're absolutely right.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

William was pretty hot when he went to St Andrews but he started losing his hair. Hopefully, George got Kate and Grandpa Mike's hair. It looks like he has based on the photos.

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge