The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Serene Highness

They are a very good looking family and didn't need photoshopping at all. Is it just me or does Kate's face actually look like a doll's in a couple of them?

Old 10-24-2013, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

In the pic of the 4 generations, I find the background of the room at Clarence House quite distracting & agree that a pic of HM holding George would have been very nice to see.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Courtier

Several of, myself included, are a little disappointed that there wasn't a picture released of the Queen holding George. She may have her reasons for not holding him, or at least not having a picture of her holding him released. We will never know.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm happy with all of them! I think that they are great pictures. I have absolutely nothing to moan, complain or nit-pick about.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Several of, myself included, are a little disappointed that there wasn't a picture released of the Queen holding George. She may have her reasons for not holding him, or at least not having a picture of her holding him released. We will never know.
It could be that George is one of those babies that doesn't like other people holding him.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
It could be that George is one of those babies that doesn't like other people holding him.
Hadn't thought about that. George could be one of those babies. Or he may be to squirmy for HM.

All this complaining about what we want versus what we were given is kind of selfish.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Serene Highness

The photographs looks fabulous. I do love how the blue of the curtains in the room are picked up off HM's outfit! Very nice.

O.K. ... I guess I could knit-pick that there isn't a photo of HM holding George a la Queen Victoria and the future Edward VIII. However, we know how that story turned out ... so, maybe not?!

Finally ... I do love the photo of the "Touchdown" Prince! :)
Old 10-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Plus you get to see the gown better with William holding him. He is more likely not to fuss in his daddy's arms.

I love that the queen's handbag is in the photos. Are Britain's nuclear launch codes in that thing?

The one with WK and G is adorable. I am picturing George with a thought bubble of " Take that Lupo. I can be cute too".
Old 10-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i'm sorry to be negative but, although the picture of the parents and george is very cute, i don't think it should have been chosen as an official picture for the christening of a future monarch.
I think it was a nice gift for us. I like all the pictures, but the one with George holding his arms up is the type of picture people put up on Facebook or would go on a Christmas card sent to their friends. I can just see William and Catherine looking at each other and saying: "this is too cute." It's nice they included it.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Plus you get to see the gown better with William holding him. He is more likely not to fuss in his daddy's arms. I love that the queen's handbag is in the photos. Are Britain's nuclear launch codes in that thing? The one with WK and G is adorable. I am picturing George with a thought bubble of " Take that Lupo. I can be cute too".
I never thought about that and the Queen Iphone lol.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I think it was a nice gift for us. I like all the pictures, but the one with George holding his arms up is the type of picture people put up on Facebook or would go on a Christmas card sent to their friends. I can just see William and Catherine looking at each other and saying: "this is too cute." It's nice they included it.
As I said earlier they could be saving a photo with Queen holding Prince George for her Christmas Speech.

And as another user said which I never thought about is that he could be too swarms for the Queen. They have already commented how fussy he is
Old 10-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Personally, I think that the Queen is one of those people very private and who don't show much affection outiside... She looks very discreet... Maybe that was the reason...
Old 10-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
As I said earlier they could be saving a photo with Queen holding Prince George for her Christmas Speech.

And as another user said which I never thought about is that he could be too swarms for the Queen. They have already commented how fussy he is
Very possibly, and I'll bet there is at least one picture of the Queen and the heirs during the visit to Balmoral. Hopefully we'll see it in the future, but maybe not.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Courtier

They also probably wouldn't have had a huge amount of time to get the photos taken. It's a large group of people, at least some of whom had other places they needed to be later on, all of whom were probably getting tired and hungry, and a 3 month old baby who could start screaming at any minute. Even for such an anticipated set of photographs, IMO, it wouldn't have been wise to push their luck by trying to get a 'perfect' shot.

The photos they did get are lovely, and I love George's triumphant pose with his parents… he probably just realized he's getting out of that dress soon!
Old 10-24-2013, 07:14 PM
Aristocracy

Love the picture with George with his hands in the air. Lovely of them to invite the nanny to the christening too. They are a very important person to George no doubt. Aside from the fact he essentially looks like a baby, and I said yesterday I thought I looks like Kate... I am going to review that slightly and say he looks like Kate and a little bit of Harry. Seems a chilled, calm, relaxed little chap. Again he is essentially a baby but perhaps he takes after Kate... and perhaps a little bit of Harry in that respect.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Courtier

A Reporter on twitter was asking His (James) Nephew Christening was important enough for hsi to shave his beard.

Kelly Harrison ‏@RoyalReview 36m
C'mon James, the christening of your nephew - the future king - was not a good enough reason to shave your lumberjack beard?
Old 10-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I am sure they have one of the Queen holding Prince George and I think we will see one someday. They could be saving it for The Queen Christmas Speech.
There is NO chance that a picture of Queen Elizabeth holding Prince George will be released in her lifetime. She has never held any of her grandchildren or great-grandchildren in official photographs. I don't think it's an image that she is comfortable with as the reigning monarch.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Majesty

The photos are quite lovely. The photo of Her Majesty, the best-dressed lady in this event, with the future throne holders is unnaturally nice.
Mr. James Middleton should have trimmed his beard.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
A Reporter on twitter was asking His (James) Nephew Christening was important enough for hsi to shave his beard.

Kelly Harrison ‏@RoyalReview 36m
C'mon James, the christening of your nephew - the future king - was not a good enough reason to shave your lumberjack beard?
That is hardly a "lumberjack beard". Apparently this person has never seen the real thing. James actually looks rather like a Windsor with the beard and his very blue eyes.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
There is NO chance that a picture of Queen Elizabeth holding Prince George will be released in her lifetime. She has never held any of her grandchildren or great-grandchildren in official photographs. I don't think it's an image that she is comfortable with as the reigning monarch.
Well ...

National Portrait Gallery - Large Image - NPG x29572; Queen Elizabeth II; Peter Phillips

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge