The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-24-2013, 02:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
I thought it was funny. Me and a friend of mine were joking that the U.K never shut down it Government and that the Queen should come over here or we should move over there.
I don't think Her Majesty would mind to have a 17th realm!

I would offer Brazil to her, but we already have a pretender, Prince Luiz.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
We saw more of this christening than any other. If the tradition lovers who have posted had had their way and the Music Room had been chosen, we would have seem official pix and nothing else. So Im happy that theChapel Royal was chosen. none of us have to like it but the BRF consider this to be a private occasion, so get over it.

As for who should have been invited, I think they got it right, with the families of both sides balanced, with grandparents and siblings. Catherine doesnt have any grandparents

dont really see how people have cause to complain. And what was wonderful to see was the happiness on the faces of Catherine and William. Their entire focus was George
Agreed! And I have to say, what a joy to see Catherine and William beaming at their son's sweet face.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Gotta say that I loved Pippa's outfit and hat...
Old 10-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Serene Highness

Earl Grosvenor...

...is very cute!

And speaking of cute, in the MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH, my favorite pictures are the ones where, after looking alert and dignified when William was holding him, he relaxes in Kate's arms, his eyes droop and close slightly, and he looks very comfy, almost like he's ready to nod off. Any mother (and father) will recognize that sweet pre-sleep look and posture.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Earl Grosvenor indeed is cute

... though, hands down, no one beats the cuteness of little George

Old 10-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
We saw more of this christening than any other. If the tradition lovers who have posted had had their way and the Music Room had been chosen, we would have seem official pix and nothing else. So Im happy that theChapel Royal was chosen. none of us have to like it but the BRF consider this to be a private occasion, so get over it.

As for who should have been invited, I think they got it right, with the families of both sides balanced, with grandparents and siblings. Catherine doesnt have any grandparents

dont really see how people have cause to complain. And what was wonderful to see was the happiness on the faces of Catherine and William. Their entire focus was George

I agree - I think they did a wonderful job. W&K under promised and over delivered. I never expected the photos leading in and out of the chapel. Seems they let only one AP camera in the courtyard to take photos.

There has been no other BRF christening televised; it is a private event. In fact, apparently Prince Charles name wasn't even released until his Christening. And the videos that were available of the photo shoots were released much later during HM's Christmas broadcast or one of the Royal Family documentaries. They have just become so commonplace now because of youtube.

And as for godparents..... None of Charles nor Diana's siblings were William's godparents. Pss Alexandra was the only family member as a godparent; the rest were friends of Charles and Diana (mostly Charles).

I think W&K got it right on their own terms - I'm looking forward to the release of today's official portraits.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
...is very cute!
I agree Hugh Grosvenor is very handsome, but he's mostly attractive because he looks like the perfect gentleman... a kind of Mr darcy!

i wonder when we will get to see the official pictures. i thought they would be released today and i'm itching to see the 4 generations picture....
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Nobility

According To Duchess of Cambridge News & Style Files

The official family photos from Prince George's christening ceremony will be released to the press today at 10:00pm in London
Old 10-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimae View Post
According To Duchess of Cambridge News & Style Files

The official family photos from Prince George's christening ceremony will be released to the press today at 10:00pm in London
I am hoping for a four generation photo!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Sources said there will be a pic of William, Catherine and baby, one with middletons and royals, one with godparents and one with the 4 generations.
Maybe this is a silly question: what do the godparents exactly do at the ceremony? Do the only attend or have specific functions?
Old 10-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The BRF is not a brand, so the rest of your argument fails. The priority lies with the 16 realms and the Commonwealth.
I agree. I am American and do not view the RF as a brand by any means. I am fascinated by the history and traditions, but do not view them as property of any nation other than the common wealth. I seriously doubt they would delay releasing official photos in consideration of the U.S. time zones. Canada perhaps, but certainly not the U.S.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 43s #royal #Kate's comments re christening at engagement tonight: "He was such a good boy actually, we’re very lucky,he’s not always like that"
Old 10-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't understand why it has taken so long to release photos from the christening, but I am just happy to see one of the four generations and I really hope the Queen is holding George.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Nobility

I just think it is super nice that they announced the time in advance so we don't have to spend all day checking for photos! Maybe they chose a later time in order to be sure of being able to meet it!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 3m Kate on George at christening: He was such a good boy actually, we’re very lucky - he’s not always like that...(1/2)

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1m

... but…the people there, lots of action going on, it’s slightly distracting (2/2)
Old 10-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I am hoping for a four generation photo!
Me as well! Can't wait to see them.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Almost time guys.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince George christening: portrait that shows the future of the monarchy - Telegraph
Telegraph broke the embargo! A pic leaked out
Old 10-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

Wow great picture, can't wait to see the rest of them!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Aristocracy

Wow that's a great picture!!! I really can't wait for the other ones... (my mother gets angry, I actually should be sleeping now but I can't sleep without having seen the pictures)

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge