The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

We may be lucky and get to see footage during the period when the official photos were being taken as they did with Prince William. I think the Royal Family are pretty canny about how much exposure we are allowed - "always leave them wanting more".

Old 10-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Random Royal Appreciation: Prince George’s Christening

George is so cute! He looks so much like Catherine!

Old 10-24-2013, 01:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The primary audience for the BRF are the British subjects, and those of the other realms. I am afraid Americans does not qualify, nor do their opinions particularly matter to HM and the BRF. HM is not head of state of the US (In over 60 years, her government has never "shut down", so the Americans may want to have a chat with her how to avoid such situations), and nor do the Americans pay for her - so in the nicest possible way, I suspect she does not really care about the time of their evening news!
Maybe some Americans are regretting the choice they made in 1776 of becoming a Republic.

Who would care about the christening of an Obama?
Old 10-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Maybe some Americans are regretting the choice they made in 1776 of becoming a Republic.

LOL, trust me there would be a lot of people interested in an Obama christening.

I don't regret our independence but I love the history we share with the British and the royals.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:

I hope not. I for one love our country being a republic.

There's people who deeply care about the Kardashians, that should tell you everything.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
LOL, trust me there would be a lot of people interested in an Obama christening.

I don't regret our independence but I love the history we share with the British and the royals.
Seems like this topic has derailed a bit and before it crashes and the mods are left to clean up the mess, I'm gonna get back to the thoughts on the time of release of the pictures.

As we all know, the BRF is not a family of leisure by any means. My thoughts are that the photos are slated to be released at 10pm UK time because with the busy schedules of Great Granny, Grandpa and such and as the folks who would want to select which photos they like, it probably took time for them all to look at them and pick (such as Charles and Camilla pick the ones they liked best, the Middletons picked the ones they liked best and Great Granny looking them all over and giving the final say so on which ones are the best to be released to the public.

Anyhow, like the rest of us, I'm really looking forward to seeing the pictures that are released.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty17 View Post

There's people who deeply care about the Kardashians, that should tell you everything.
I hate the fact my country being a Republic. At least we have a non-reigning Imperial Family.

Lol The Kardashians? Seriously? This is terrible!
Old 10-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Seems like this topic has derailed a bit and before it crashes and the mods are left to clean up the mess, I'm gonna get back to the thoughts on the time of release of the pictures.

As we all know, the BRF is not a family of leisure by any means. My thoughts are that the photos are slated to be released at 10pm UK time because with the busy schedules of Great Granny, Grandpa and such and as the folks who would want to select which photos they like, it probably took time for them all to look at them and pick (such as Charles and Camilla pick the ones they liked best, the Middletons picked the ones they liked best and Great Granny looking them all over and giving the final say so on which ones are the best to be released to the public.

Anyhow, like the rest of us, I'm really looking forward to seeing the pictures that are released.
Do you really think HM has the final say about the pics? I think Will and Kate (Kate is probably the one who decides, we all know how marriages work, if momma isn't happy, no one is, ) pick the ones they want and then send them to everyone for their FYI.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Not to be rude but it look like you are from the Argentina not United State..

I will say while there are Americans who like or have an interest in Royalty and the Monarchy most wouldn't take their Independence back. Most are just fascinated by it or appreciate the history it shares with the British. and the media here tends to blur the lines between Royalty and Celebrities which is not right so there are the peoples who only look at them as celebs. The Royals are not celebrities.

The Kardashians are total fakes and wannabes, They think they are royalty but they are not. That whole family has no class. The Windsors have much more class then the Kardashians and most Hollywood Celebs under 35 (including Snooki, Kate Gosselin, Duggars, etc)

I am actually probably one of the very few who wouldn't mind having the British Monarch as our Head of state even so they are pretty much powerless now and The recent Government shutdown proves my point even more.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
Not to be rude but it look like you are from the Argentina not United State..

I will say while there are Americans who like or have an interest in Royalty and the Monarchy most wouldn't take their Independence back. Most are just fascinated by it or appreciate the history it shares with the British. and the media here tends to blur the lines between Royalty and Celebrities which is not right so there are the peoples who only look at them as celebs. The Royals are not celebrities.

The Kardashians are total fakes and wannabes, They think they are royalty but they are not. That whole family has no class. The Windsors have much more class then the Kardashians and most Hollywood Celebs under 35 (including Snooki, Kate Gosselin, Duggars, etc)

I am actually probably one of the very few who wouldn't mind having the British Monarch as our Head of state even so they are pretty much powerless now and The recent Government shutdown proves my point even more.
Am from Argentina? that is news to me
Old 10-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I hate the fact my country being a Republic. At least we have a non-reigning Imperial Family.

Lol The Kardashians? Seriously? This is terrible!
It's beyond terrible. I know so many women who idolize them
Old 10-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Am from Argentina? that is news to me
Sorry maybe you are not but from looking at your your location it says Argentina. I apologize if you are not.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
HM is not head of state of the US (In over 60 years, her government has never "shut down", so the Americans may want to have a chat with her how to avoid such situations)
Ohhh, was that necessary?
Old 10-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Thanks so much for sharing this!
Old 10-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
Ohhh, was that necessary?
I think it was just a joke. I thought it was funny, but I'm not an american.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Do you really think HM has the final say about the pics? I think Will and Kate (Kate is probably the one who decides, we all know how marriages work, if momma isn't happy, no one is, ) pick the ones they want and then send them to everyone for their FYI.
I would imagine that as the pictures are kind of deemed "historical", Will and Kate out of respect may ask HM for her approval. I also think that HM loves and respects Will and Kate enough to go with whatever they did choose. It just may be one of them quirky things they do as a tradition and how they show respect.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Sorry maybe you are not but from looking at your your location it says Argentina. I apologize if you are not.
Oh, I see I was wondering where the comment came from. I just put a whatever location when I signed up. No need to apologize, is all good
Old 10-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think everyone went crazy over those chubby cheeks on CNN. It's like you just want to squeeze and kiss up those Taffy Apple cheeks that George have.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I think it was just a joke. I thought it was funny, but I'm not an american.
I thought it was funny. Me and a friend of mine were joking that the U.K never shut down it Government and that the Queen should come over here or we should move over there.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I thought it was funny. Me and a friend of mine were joking that the U.K never shut down it Government and that the Queen should come over here or we should move over there.

Obviously in reality that wouldn't giver well.

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge