The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
this may not be possible, but can any one please post a picture of all 3 on or about the same age as George? (mom, dad, baby). I seem to be looking in all the wrong places today and can not find Williams Christening picture, but then again, I am computer illerate and cant figure this thing out.
Thanks in advance.
p.s. I think he has Williams chubby cheeks and thats were it ends. He looks like George.
re 2nd part of post. go to search engine, put in "Prince William's christening and then (when the answers come up) just under the search input box will come "web" then "images" - click images and all the pix (and a few random others) will come up.

Happy hunting!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I know this is a repeat of my earlier post but, you do not freeze it. The preserved fruit (sultanas raisins etc) plus the alcohol (brandy, run) preserve the cake. Stored in an airtight tin it will alst a very long time. All it is doing is utilising old methods of preserving food. And it is perfectly safe. Also, the fruit and rich flavour improve with age (but wouldn't if you froze it for long periods). Those who think this is an issue obviously dont bake.
Now you made me really curious about the cake. Do I find a good recipe online? And they all made me think it was frozen....

Old 10-23-2013, 08:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

They all looked lovely. Nice service and very small. Not a big fussy thing. Very nice. I am quite an accomplished cook and baker, all the cakes and pudding frozen for 10 years, etc., sound disgusting. Some cakes take a period of time to "ripen", call it what you will. Freezing does nothing to enhance anything.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie View Post
Now you made me really curious about the cake. Do I find a good recipe online? And they all made me think it was frozen....
http://books.google.ca/books?id=tk7U...lt&redir_esc=y
Old 10-23-2013, 09:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm pretty sure the third picture is Harry, not William.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Courtier

Photos of Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince George. The photos of Philip, Charles and William are at the same age (or close) George is right now:

The Photo of Philip and Charles and William are all from their Christening.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	charles.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	290349   Click image for larger version

Name:	William.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	290350   Click image for larger version

Name:	George.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	290351  
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2013, 09:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I'm pretty sure the third picture is Harry, not William.
Thanks. I caught that as soon as I submitted the post. I fix it.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent

3rd pic is William

Old 10-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
3rd pic is William
I had to delete a post a couple minutes before because it was Of Prince Harry at his Christening. I deleted it and made a new post with the right picture of William at his Christening
Old 10-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Gentry

I wonder if the fact that Harry and Pippa haven't married yet somehow factored into the godparent choice. Maybe they will be chosen when they are more settled into that stage of life. I can see them both being honored for a second child, as they (Harry and Pippa) are second children themselves.

I think George looks all Middleton, and quite resembles Catherine as a baby. I am looking forward to watching him grow.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
Photos of Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince George. The photos of Philip, Charles and William are at the same age (or close) George is right now:

The Photo of Philip and Charles and William are all from their Christening.
Oh my...I have never seen that picture of Prince Phillip before, so thank you for that. I'll need to look at this on a bigger screen though to check comparisons between them all. However, the one of the then Duchess of Edinburgh and baby Prince Charles, isn't it funny how even though it's a b/w picture, you can tell she's wearing red? It's the only colour I can figure out in either old pictures or movies. :)
Old 10-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Majesty

Oh, goodness! What a precious little love, and those cheeks ...I want to eat them up! I love the serious face, and the calm demeanor. He does indeed resemble his father. What a cutie.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Very surprised and saddened that Diana's family were not represented at the Christening. A Spencer cousin as a godparent would have been a lovely tribute to William's mother. Can't believe that he went out of his way to give Kate Diana's engagement ring but on such an important day like today there seemed to be no inclusion of her. A bit of a shame and so out of character for William.

I thought the selection of Julia Samuel was William's way of remembering his mother.
As far as the Spencer family is concerned, I never got the impression that William was very attached to any of them, and I don't expect they'll be around at many of George's milestones in the future. JMO.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Nobility

I must admit I really didn't think we would see as much as we did today.

I was hoping that we may see the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh, with a hope of possibly seeing Charles and Camilla. I had assumed that William, Catherine and George had been put into hiding, so I let out a bit of a scream when they all started emerging in the background

As an aside, with all the blooming conversations about the ruddy cake, it has made me wonder what happened to my wedding cake, although after 12 years I doubt anyone would remember
Old 10-23-2013, 10:04 PM
Courtier

The anyone know what time tomorrow the photos will be released?
Old 10-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Heir Apparent

no time has been given but reporters were saying pm UK time

Old 10-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Commoner

Little Baby George is absolutely adorable! Those chubby cheeks must be hard to resist!

William looked a bit nervous prior, as if he was fearing a little crankiness during the ceremony but I must say that Kate looked wonderfully relaxed. She's really settled into motherhood naturally.

I cannot wait for the official portraits to come out tomorrow! Do you think we'll see George being held by HM?
Old 10-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
They all looked lovely. Nice service and very small. Not a big fussy thing. Very nice. I am quite an accomplished cook and baker, all the cakes and pudding frozen for 10 years, etc., sound disgusting. Some cakes take a period of time to "ripen", call it what you will. Freezing does nothing to enhance anything.
It's not frozen. And, if you like rich fruit cakes, it tastes delicious the longer you leave it.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
It's not frozen. And, if you like rich fruit cakes, it tastes delicious the longer you leave it.
Passive immunity in all must be high. Hope so.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Administrator

Please note that all speculative posts about the relationship between Camilla and the Queen have been deleted.

In addition, if you wish to discuss the recipes, please do so here
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f187/ .

Thanks!

Zonk

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge