Christening of Prince George of Cambridge: October 23, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We will probably get similar to William 's with the photos of the family and godparents and video of the posing but nothing from the actual ceremony.

It's a pretty chapel, nicer than the music room at BP, imo.

I wonder if they'll have a lunch or something at Clarence House after?
(Don't know if I heard this correctly, but they are planning to have 60 guests?)

I think there will a reception or probably a lunch afterwards.

the Queen .... is holding a reception at Buckingham Palace on the same day.

Could this be one of the reasons that the christening will be held at SJP?

The room/s will be set up for the reception and not available.

Another reason for SJP, might be, that while staying at York House & later Clarence House William worshiped/prayed at Chapel Royal and he liked/is familiar with the chapel and it's layout.

Were it my choice, i'd have chosen The Queens Chapel at St James's Palace. An exquisite architectural jewel by Englands first classical architect {Inigo Jones} which far eclipses the Chapel Royal in beauty.

Nevertheless their choice is apt and appropriate for them.

The Royal Mint
BREAKING NEWS - With the date confirmed for the christening of Prince George of Cambridge on 23 Oct, we can now reveal some exciting news of our own - the announcement of the first ever UK coins to celebrate a royal christening, with special new designs that have been approved by the Prince's parents and The Queen. More news to come next week!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=524690347605549&l=d6ca1c516c

I wasn't clear on Anne's comments either.

I think she was referring to Princess Margaret and her children not doing royal duties. They are the children of females.

I was looking at royal engagements on Oct 23, and it appears that Sophie has a few scheduled in Somerset, Devon and Bristol which makes me think she's not a godparent. The Princess Royal is in Canada, not that she was in the running, but it seems that attendance will be very limited at the christening.

I was looking at royal engagements on Oct 23, and it appears that Sophie has a few scheduled in Somerset, Devon and Bristol which makes me think she's not a godparent. The Princess Royal is in Canada, not that she was in the running, but it seems that attendance will be very limited at the christening.

You can be a godparent and not attend the christening it happens a lot in royal circumstances.

You can be a godparent and not attend the christening it happens a lot in royal circumstances.
Very true. Felipe and Frederik were godparents of Ingrid Alexandra and neither attended her Christening (due to their respective upcoming weddings).

Very true. Felipe and Frederik were godparents of Ingrid Alexandra and neither attended her Christening (due to their respective upcoming weddings).

Felipe is also godparent of Prince Vincent of Denmark, but did not attended his christening.

I remember that none of the godparents of Prince Pedro Luiz of Brazil were present at his christening. His godparents were his maternal uncle, Prince Michel of Ligne (represented by Prof. Otto Alencar Sá Pereira) and his paternal aunt, Princess Maria Teresa of Brazil (represented by her twin sister, Princess Maria Gabriela).

It's possible to have a christening without the godparents present.

To be quite honest I wouldn't expect any of William's aunts/uncles on his father's side to be godparents.

Harry - certainly and the rest from friends and of the same generation as William and Kate. Maybe a Spencer cousin or Aunt but not a royal one.

Someone tell the Daily Mail that the Cambridges couldn't pick the private chapel of BP where the Queen was christened for Prince George's because it was destroyed in WWII by German bombings.

I am thinking no aunts/uncles from either side since Anne and Sophie has engagements on the 23. That will avoid inviting Uncle Gary and Earl Spencer. I am thinking Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, Harry, Mike, Carole, Pippa and James plus godparents and their spouses and maybe William's own godparents. I remember a picture of Harry with godparents at his confirmation so why not invite your godparents to your son's christening.

I'm so looking forward this cristening!!
Prince George must be very gorgeous baby.
Can't wait until october 23rd...:lol:

I wonder how many photos will be released - one to two or could we maybe get the following:

- one of just George - where we can actually see him.
- one of him with his parents - again where he is the centre of the picture rather than the afterthought he was in the ones already released
- one of the four generations
- one with his godparents
- one with just his paternal grandfather (no disrespect to the Middletons but photos of them with George are best kept for their private albums and not pushed down the public's throat

That would give us 5 new pictures to discuss.

I also hope they have a professional photographer do the photographs so we get some decent ones rather than the pathetic ones we were given that Michael took.

We may also get about 30 seconds to 1 minute of footage of the day but nothing more.

I am pleased that the BRF do keep some things largely private, unlike the European royals who feel that every part of their lives have to be made public.

I just hope we get a better look at Prince George. He will be in that christening dress like his dad, his uncle, his grandfather. I don't think Uncle and Aunts will be there either. Maybe they will have a family party later on or something? I do think Harry is a shoe in not sure about Pippa. Will we find out before the christening who the godparents are or on the day? I will be happy with a minute of footage we say some of Williams and Harrys and I remember the Queen putting some footage in one of her christmas speeches one year.

He will be in the replica Christening Gown as the original is no longer used. Louise was the last person to use the old gown and James the first in the new gown. George will also be baptised in the new gown.

With the Cambriges coming down to London this week, maybe we will get professional photos of William, Kate and George that will be released ahead of the christening when they release the godparent information.

After the christening, I imagine we will get a little video of the photo taking afterwards. Photo shot predicted : William, Kate and George in gown, 3 Kings and a queen shot -Wills, Charles and the Queen holding George, Philip and Queen with George, Parents and Godparents and the wedding shot Kate with George seated with Philip and Queen seated on her sides with William behind her with Mike, Carole, Charles and Camilla similar to the wedding photo minus Harry, Pippa and James.

I think that we'll get photos of George, William & Catherine; George, William Catherine, Charles & Camilla; George, William, Catherine, Charles, Camilla, HM & Philip; one of George and the Middletons and one of George, his parents and godparents. I hope that we'll get a close-up photo of little George with his eyes open.

Regarding videos, I think we could get one of the photographs being taken, like they did at William, Zara and Harry's christenings. I would like it if we got clips of the guests at the reception, like they did at Harry's christening (the guests were only shown for a little bit; there was a sweet clip of HM talking to Zara and Peter).

I like how the European Royal Babies' christenings are televised, I wish the BRF did that.

Last edited:
They should really. It's great for PR and that's never a bad thing.

I wonder how many photos will be released - one to two or could we maybe get the following:

- one of just George - where we can actually see him.
- one of him with his parents - again where he is the centre of the picture rather than the afterthought he was in the ones already released
- one of the four generations
- one with his godparents
- one with just his paternal grandfather (no disrespect to the Middletons but photos of them with George are best kept for their private albums and not pushed down the public's throat

That would give us 5 new pictures to discuss.

I also hope they have a professional photographer do the photographs so we get some decent ones rather than the pathetic ones we were given that Michael took.

We may also get about 30 seconds to 1 minute of footage of the day but nothing more.

I am pleased that the BRF do keep some things largely private, unlike the European royals who feel that every part of their lives have to be made public.

I don't know why you think there shouldn't be any pictures released of George with his grandparents, the Middletons.

I don't remember any of the other Royal babies having photos with the non RF grandparents released...Why should George be different?
"

Last edited:
I meant with just the grandparents. Of course they should be in a whole family photo.

-a photo with his parents
-a photo with his godparents
-a photo with all grandparents
-a photo of George, William, Charles and the Queen.
-Perhaps a whole group photo

Back
Top Bottom