The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hugh, Fergus and Emilia would not surprise me in the least. I predict Harry, Pippa and another one of Kate's friends.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

We need 2 girls and a guy to even the numbers for the usual six godparents with equal gender numbers.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Exclusive from the Sunday Express - Queen approval of Christening plans. Personally I tink its a non-story but ..............

EXCLUSIVE: Prince George's christening guests given Queen's blessing | Royal | News | Daily Express

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I do like the Zara Phillips suggestion in the Express article. She makes more sense that Beatrice. William always seemed closer to his Phillips cousins than his York cousins. He also did a reading with Harry at Zara's wedding.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

In some way I'd like Camilla to be a godparent, but already dreading the discussions here and on other internet-forums when that happens ;-)
Old 10-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
In some way I'd like Camilla to be a godparent, but already dreading the discussions here and on other internet-forums when that happens ;-)
or one of her children

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd rather see one of Camilla's kids fill the role than Camilla. It would be a nice way to honour her, while also not putting her in the position of looking like she's trying to usurp someone else's position.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Camilla and Sarah Ferguson as godmothers would certainly turn conventional wisdom on its head. Although I'd have no problem with Camilla as a godmother, I think it is more likely that the 3 living grandparents and one of Diana's sisters will be asked.

Also, I am sure that Catherine, like Diana before her, will have a lot of input into the christening and the choice of godparents. Just because, in the midst of a breakup and while she was trying to destroy her ex-husband, Diana said she didn't have any input into the christening doesn't mean it is true.

I think the Queen, like all of us powerful women who enjoy wielding power, knows when to step back and pretend to let other people have their way. People are so much easier to control when they think they are making their own decisions.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Please note that off topic posts have been deleted. This thread is about the christening of Prince George and not about Queen Elizabeth's judgement, etc.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow, there are a lot of emotions that are sur
facting with this christening. Remember is is just a baby and his new parents.
i do believe that the godparents should be of a younger age, more the age of the parents.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:07 PM

I agree. I also think it is important to pick true loyal friends. It appears that this is what was done.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:47 AM
Aristocracy

There is a bit of speculation as to whether or not HRH Princess Beatrice will be named as a godparent--but what are the odds that she will actually attend the christening?

All word from the palace has been of a small family affair, but all we have confirmation is that great-aunts and uncles of HRH Prince George won't be in attendance (which makes sense, considering Princess Margaret did not attend Prince William's christening). In my opinion, they can easily forgo great-aunts and uncles but still invite their cousins--or at least the ones who are old enough to attend such an event. That would be the Phillips and HRH Princess Beatrice, as Eugenie is in NYC.

It would be special to include HRH Princess Beatrice considering she was the last royal to be christened at St. James's Palace.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Majesty

Bosom buddies become royal godparents | The Sunday Times
Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah 1h Who's made the cut as Prince George's godparents? My exclusive on William and Kate's choices in @ST_Newsroom http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/People/article1326939.ece …
Seguito da HRH in BC and 12 others

Espandi

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 11h Sunday Times: Prince George's godparents inc Emilia Jardine-Paterson,Fergus Boyd & Hugh van Cutsem (old friends of Will&Kate) - @RoyaNikkhah

Well...At least we we'll see if that's true...
Here it is said 3 of the godparents are: Emila D'Erlanger, Fergus Boyd and Van Cutsem
Old 10-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Aristocracy

William and Catherine might surprise everyone by not choosing Pippa or Harry to be godparents.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Wow, there are a lot of emotions that are sur
facting with this christening. Remember is is just a baby and his new parents.
i do believe that the godparents should be of a younger age, more the age of the parents.
That poor baby has no idea what he's in for in this life.

Can we get them to move up the christening? This is becoming all rather batty and it's best we get it over and move on to more important things like staring at Kate's belly looking for signs of a sibling or getting out crystal bowls to try and figure out what color the kitchen was painted in KP.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
That poor baby has no idea what he's in for in this life.

Can we get them to move up the christening? This is becoming all rather batty and it's best we get it over and move on to more important things like staring at Kate's belly looking for signs of a sibling or getting out crystal bowls to try and figure out what color the kitchen was painted in KP.
Yes! Absolutely! Let's move up the Christening! I am betting that Catherine wears a blue dress with white flowers. She'll probably be wearing nude pumps. I'd like to see the Queen in lavender and Camilla and Carole in blue. I'm thinking Camilla's hat will have feathers, the Queen's will have a ribbon detail, and Catherine....I'm not sure.

I think the kitchen is painted blue-gray with white cabinetry.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

At least there is a Kate engagement on Friday to tie us over to next Wednesday. I'm thinking a new Alexander McQueen outfit for Kate and William's standard navy suit with a blue tie.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
Yes! Absolutely! Let's move up the Christening! I am betting that Catherine wears a blue dress with white flowers. She'll probably be wearing nude pumps. I'd like to see the Queen in lavender and Camilla and Carole in blue. I'm thinking Camilla's hat will have feathers, the Queen's will have a ribbon detail, and Catherine....I'm not sure.

I think the kitchen is painted blue-gray with white cabinetry.
Pippa often wears a teal blue. I do hope they all get away from all the blue... I mean, I know he's a baby boy, but gosh.

I love the idea of a blue gray kitchen with white cabinetry. And a big oak informal table for family suppers.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Serene Highness

I agree that it will be an Alexander McQueen dress. Of course, if she really wants to break royal tradition, she could wear a nice pant suit.

I'm thinking blue because the baby is a boy, but I also think blue flatters most people, especially as they (not me) get a little older.

I would like a big oak table in my kitchen. I'm thinking they have bamboo floors (sustainable for Charles) with dark stain.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee27 View Post
William and Catherine might surprise everyone by not choosing Pippa or Harry to be godparents.
That would indeed be a surprise. I can't see it happening though, I'm almost completely certain that they both will be godparents. They could also swap Pippa with James, but I still think Pippa is more likely to become godmother.

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge