The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

When you are a target, you keep your back to the wall. They are a target and they know this. It is an age of long lens cameras. Not a great revelation. Do I think it is right. NO. Do I think it was not well thought out on Kate's part. Yes. You can sunbathe without removing your clothes. What is the big difference? By the way, Ignorance of the law is an American thing, not necessarily French. I do not know. And the remuneration was great. Kate and William knew that. People will risk a great deal for money. And, that it was saleable was the bigger issue. So, not the photographers, but the people who bought the photos. No buyers, no market, no photos.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just checked, Ignorance of the Law is no Excuse, in France, too.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I'm sure you'd feel the exact same way if people camped out around your private home surrounded by a ton of land where you thought you were totally alone, and perched in trees a mile down the road just waiting for an opportunity to use a telephoto lens to take a picture of you in an embarrassing moment to sell to the world media.

Seriously, this is not a hard concept. Photographers do not have the right to camp out half a mile down the road and use a telephoto lens to take pictures of people in their private homes. That would be considered stalking in some cases, and this photographer was nothing more than a peeping tom.

Just because they're famous doesn't mean that this kind of gross violation of their privacy should be condoned.
Exactly!

The paps broke the law and now they have to deal with the consequences.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:36 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
If you don't want to be photographed this way, you don't do this.
Agree 100%. Besides, the pictures are out there forever. No matter what happens now in court, at some point nobody will remember the circumstances, only see that Queen Kate did topless when she was younger.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Agree 100%. Besides, the pictures are out there forever. No matter what happens now in court, at some point nobody will remember the circumstances, only see that Queen Kate did topless when she was younger.
That's utterly absurd. That might actually be the most absurd post I've ever seen here.

Kate's privacy was violated horrifically and pictures were taken of her alone with her husband sunbathing. The idea that this will negatively impact her reputation for the rest of her life is both stupid and insulting.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Commoner

So true. She has nothing to be ashamed about.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

It will never impact her reputation. Just a silly situation. She did what she did, they took pictures, if one would let it die, it would die a lonely death. People have short memories. The more complaints about a story the longer "you" keep it in the public presence. This was taught to me by a wise man. It is only a discussion, because of the continual chatter, by lawsuits, etc.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Majesty

It was horrible that their privacy was violated like that. I felt very bad that happened to them and for others to make it seem like Catherine did something wrong. She was with her husband on private property and minding their own business. That's what the photographer and others media outlets should've done. Mind their own business and leave William & Catherine's alone.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-23-2013, 02:59 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
It will never impact her reputation. Just a silly situation. She did what she did, they took pictures, if one would let it die, it would die a lonely death. People have short memories. The more complaints about a story the longer "you" keep it in the public presence. This was taught to me by a wise man. It is only a discussion, because of the continual chatter, by lawsuits, etc.
People may have short memories, but the internet hasn't.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
That is true,Brigitte Bardot has said the same thing & she was used to a lot of paparazzi and gossip when she was younger ;-)

On another hand we should also be aware that paparazzi only do such pictures because there is so much demand for gossip and pictures of William and Catherine....
. Helen Keller
Old 08-23-2013, 08:24 AM
Serene Highness

I thought I 'd never comment on this. Especially now that a bit of time has passed. However my opinion is that kate made a big mistake. I agree with those that said she should have been more careful. I admire and like kate but when I think she did something wrong I have to tell it. I can't always justify her. What paparazzi did were disgusting though.
I think what happened was kate's false step but she is brilliant, young and smart so this is only ONE spot in her life as a member of the royal family. Nothing compares to what other royals did throughout their lives.
What disapointed me a bit was that they were vacationig AGAIN. Not a good impression. But this is just my point of view.
I respect who is sided whit kate and their opinion so please repect mine. An I don't wanna be attacked just because I said my opinion.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:01 AM
Royal Highness

Well,I am sure that Catherine has learned from this story;-)
However there are things that I find more worry-worthy than a young British princess sun-bathing during her holidays in France! As long as the Duchess of Cambridge has such a decent behavior,elegant fashion and a warm smile during her official outings and royal duty, I do not expect this unfortunate mistake will overshadow her good reputation. After all we are living in a world with lots of sexual images in advertisement/movies and mass-media...
It is just a topless picture, nobody got hurt or suffered because of her actions-it is really a non-issue to me.
In France lots of women enjoy the sun and wear no bikini tops, nudity is nothing to be ashamed for and the only thing that bothers me is that there seems to be no self-restriction on the side of the photographers to respect the privacy of a royal. I know that the pictures of Catherine,William,George,Harry etc. are very valuable due to extreme demand for gossip and new "juicy" pictures always sell, but there were many magazines who refused to print the pictures because they respect William& Catherine and their right for a private life!
. Helen Keller
Old 08-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Royal Highness

I quite forgot that we had all seen the Duchess naked until this thread started back up.

Not to worry - advocates for the Duchess can now superimpose the photos of the infant prince at her breast, turning the image into a Madonna and Child.

Problem solved. No need to thank me.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
They may see that she did topless, but they won't care. Especially since King Charles and King William have bottomless photos floating about. And it's not like they are the only members of the BRF that have been exposed. We can add Harry, Andrew, Fergie, Sophie, Diana and Prince Philip to that list. Not to mention the topless photos of Princess Caroline, Princess Stephanie and the photos of Prince Frederik.

Over time, people forget or stop caring about past nude/semi-nude photos of royals. That's why those photos from past scandals are rarely brought up. The only time you really hear about them, is when the media is discussing a new royal scandal. So Kate's photos will go the way of all the other royal photos...they'll be forgotten and when brought up, shrugged off.