The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Serene Highness

It's indeed official : Kate and William are suing Closer :

Le Figaro - Flash Actu : Kate et William poursuivent Closer

Well done ...

Old 09-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
There is a difference if they are being photographed in a public place, then yes she should be aware but if it is a private residence then she is free to do what she wants. The paparazzi have no right taking pictures and even if they do, such pictures should not be published. Tomorrow it'll be normal for them to take pictures of them while they are indoors.
Exactly if the line are not drawn now, the next pictures will be taking from a shower window of a celebs publish in magazine like the closer or site like TMZ

Old 09-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

SJP confirms. Legal proceedings for breach of privacy have commenced today in France against the Publishers of Closer Magazine France
I remember the same paper published their summer photos, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

the magazine will be found guilty but the fine will not compare to the profit they make.

The result remains the same, kate keep your bra on in future.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:08 PM

The way I see it, when the Duchess of Cambridge married William, she entered into a contract whereby she was agreed to be photographed in certain situations. Now what those situations are have been debated endless times and it can't be just restricted to public events or coverage of her engagements. But there are things that are obviously off limits. In this situation, HRH went to visit the private home of a family member, in a private capacity and for a private break with her husband. At no point should that suggest to anyone "photo opportunity". So she walked around topless, when I have the house to myself I'll have a mince about in the raw. If someone shoved a camera through the letterbox and took a picture of me and photographed it, I'd sue them and I'd hope to create a precedent that it's illegal to take such pictures. This is exactly where we keep going wrong.

I seem to remember another member of our royal family who was in France and the paparazzi turned to dirty tricks to get a photograph. Didn't end well did it? There should be outcry over these pictures for exactly that reason and it should be aimed at the photographers not the Duchess of Cambridge. She's done nothing wrong and I think it's ridiculous to suggest she should live like a nun in private just in case she's spotted by a photographer (I said the same about Prince Harry). The photographer had no right to take these pictures and the magazine that's published them has no right to print them. HRH has no get out clause here. She married the man she loves knowing full well what lay ahead but she didn't sign up for this sort of crap which should have ended back in 1997. It's time to get a grip and for all countries, not only the UK, to start taking firmer action against a vile and vicious gutter press.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

While not in a very populated part of France, the Chateau D'Autet estate is also not in the middle of 600 acres of forest. The Google map of the estate is: 43.931111,5.550556 - Google Maps and you can see a variety of tracks that come quite close to all the buildings. (green arrow is the Chateau)
Old 09-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik.ru --- The scandal in the British royal family

I have never understood a desire to voluntarily bake oneself.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post
That works for doors. But bathroom windows - which in remote houses are often large and made of clear glass to let in light - have a reasonable expectation of privacy.
Which is how Charles was photographed in the nude.
SJP have confirmed legal action will be taken.
The magazine is owned by former Italian PM Silvio Berlesconi, not a man well know for taste, class or integrity.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
The way I see it, when the Duchess of Cambridge married William, she entered into a contract whereby she was agreed to be photographed in certain situations. Now what those situations are have been debated endless times and it can't be just restricted to public events or coverage of her engagements. But there are things that are obviously off limits. In this situation, HRH went to visit the private home of a family member, in a private capacity and for a private break with her husband. At no point should that suggest to anyone "photo opportunity". So she walked around topless, when I have the house to myself I'll have a mince about in the raw. If someone shoved a camera through the letterbox and took a picture of me and photographed it, I'd sue them and I'd hope to create a precedent that it's illegal to take such pictures. This is exactly where we keep going wrong.

I seem to remember another member of our royal family who was in France and the paparazzi turned to dirty tricks to get a photograph. Didn't end well did it? There should be outcry over these pictures for exactly that reason and it should be aimed at the photographers not the Duchess of Cambridge. She's done nothing wrong and I think it's ridiculous to suggest she should live like a nun in private just in case she's spotted by a photographer (I said the same about Prince Harry). The photographer had no right to take these pictures and the magazine that's published them has no right to print them. HRH has no get out clause here. She married the man she loves knowing full well what lay ahead but she didn't sign up for this sort of crap which should have ended back in 1997. It's time to get a grip and for all countries, not only the UK, to start taking firmer action against a vile and vicious gutter press.
Well said BeatrixFan
Old 09-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

I completely agree.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

What a refreshing statement.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina

Neither do I.

She knows the risks of sunbathing and going topless, just don't go topless. I don't think it's right that the pictures were published, but it's not surprising considering the mentality of the press.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

i think kate should have known better. it's not that she's new to the spotlight. the future queen should not sunbathe topless in a public place. full stop.
while i don't think it's reasonable to snap and publish naked pictures of people, you can hardly blame them: they knew that the magazine sells would outdo the costs of the legal action. the best is PREVENTION. if you do not engage in certain behaviours, you are safe that no uncomfortable pictures will be published.
it's the price you pay when you marry into one of the most famous families in the world. there are some things that you just can't do anymore. it all comes in a package, you can't choose half the package.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
While not in a very populated part of France, the Chateau D'Autet estate is also not in the middle of 600 acres of forest. The Google map of the estate is: 43.931111,5.550556 - Google Maps and you can see a variety of tracks that come quite close to all the buildings. (green arrow is the Chateau)
I zoomed in on that map and those look like trails to get around the property...not a main road. The main road is quite a bit away from the house, and you have to travel through quite a bit of land to get to the chateau. Viscount Linley did an interview last year and said he bought the property because it's miles from anywhere and the main roads are deserted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

Aren't they putting on sunscreen? I don't know if I consider that baking themselves.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
i think kate should have known better. it's not that she's new to the spotlight. the future queen should not sunbathe topless in a public place. full stop.
She wasn't in a public place.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Great Post!
Old 09-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
It wasn't a public place. The Duke and Duchess were on a private estate owned by her husbands cousin. The photographer would have had to trespass (which is illegal) on private property and then use long lense to take the pictures. Invasions of privacy, even of public persons, is still illegal in France. There is a reasonable expectation of the right to privacy on private property.

I am rather amazed at the "blame the victim" mentality of some posters.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Serene Highness

Sucks for Kate. Let the woman sunbath topless if she wants to do so. It's a private estate for God's sake.
Both her and William must feel very paranoid whenever they go away together.

I do feel for Kate and feel there should be a drawn line for paps. And not just for royalty. And also, people should stop being so phazed about nudity. They're just boobs. Flaunt 'em if you have 'em. It's not like we haven't seen a pair before.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
It wasn't a public place. The Duke and Duchess were on a private estate owned by her husbands cousin. The photographer would have had to trespass (which is illegal) on private property and then use long lense to take the pictures. Invasions of privacy, even of public persons, is still illegal in France. There is a reasonable expectation of the right to privacy on private property.

I am rather amazed at the "blame the victim" mentality of some posters.
I'm amazed by it too.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Some info on the Chateau

Quote:
Even with the correct address and a Global Positioning System on the dash, you can’t locate David Linley’s hideaway in Provence. It takes binoculars, secret cell phone numbers, an intuitive geographic sense and good French to find your way to a sketchy drive that winds through 650 acres of woods and fields and finally deposits you next to the jaunty, fire-engine-red Deux Chevaux that marks the spot. The scrub oak, walnut trees and pines are all buzzing with cicadas.
The Country Life : Architectural Digest