The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
This is all nonsense. It is over. No one, except people on this site, care. Most people I know have more important tasks in their lives than to dwell on this. That have had more than their moment of press, is certain. They are a lovely couple. They love each other. This is never going to make much difference in their lives, except to teach them, caution.
I agree. Best comment I've seen in about the last 980 or so posts.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
You must be the cavalry :)

See, I just don't understand this.

I see that you spend a lot of time in the fashion threads. A place where I have been 3, maybe 4 times and don't believe I have made more than one post and that was quite some time ago.

Why is that, you might be asking (I am projecting, but that's okay, I talk to myself often).

Oh, so glad you asked.

I find the fashion threads silly. Can't imagine why it matters who wears what and what baubles they have on (although I do confess to an interest in the historical jewels of several Monarchies). Can't imagine engaging in what would feel, to me, to be a waste of my time, which I happen to consider fairly dear.

But it would be a bad reflection on me, I believe, if I were to wander over there and tell you all what I think of your discussions. Or worse, have nothing better to do than tell you to stop the nonsense already, it was boring me.

I assume I don't have to explain this. Your posts indicate that you are intelligent, quite witty if not acerbic from time to time, capable of intellectual reasoning and well spoken, if not articulate. I have been fairly impressed by a few of your observations, as I recall, and found several others to be quite funny.

Which makes your wandering over here just to poke a stick in the fire sort of ... confusing. Which is where my "cavalry" comment comes in. It's the only explanation I can think to apply.

Care to enlighten me as to why you found it necessary to make such a comment on a thread which you claim to have read in its rather imposing entirety? I would quite like to understand it.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Ha Ha!!! You are right!! He should never hope that he became soo rich!!

There ia another delicate pic, where William puts suncream to his wife "behind", for me worst pic than the topless.
How necessary was it for them to get the sun?
Truly they did not need this.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
You've read 980 or so posts in a topic that doesn't interest you?
Old 09-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Serene Highness

Fun is never "necessary." On the other hand, it is essential.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
Fun is never "necessary." On the other hand, it is essential.
I want this on a t-shirt :)

Yes. Yes, yes.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:51 AM
Nobility

Pathetic trash rag Og Se Hor also publishes!!

I Heard that Kim Henningsen, Editor of the trash tabloid Og Se Hor in Denmark is publishing even more pics, more intimate pictures. His actions and the actions of the paparazzi and the editors are vile and sick. They should be subjected to what they have made Kate and others go through.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:43 AM
Aristocracy

Posted here in a new thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan View Post
I Heard that Kim Henningsen, Editor of the trash tabloid Og Se Hor in Denmark is publishing even more pics, more intimate pictures. His actions and the actions of the paparazzi and the editors are vile and sick. They should be subjected to what they have made Kate and others go through.
In my mind this is the important question: why can this not be stopped?

Since the answer seems to be as elusive as a unicorn, the next question is what do we (society) need to do to get this problem of privacy invasion and unpunished ongoing, public acts of criminality under control?

I'm about ready to cash in my retirement fund and start a freaking one woman revolution. Seriously.

I was once stalked. And I mean for real. Not the way people mean it now when they throw it around like a chat about the weather. Phone calls saying "your daughter looks pretty in her dress today" and "I think you should have picked the red one, but the blue one looks good on you too", coming down to my kitchen in the morning and finding "presents" sitting on the table, culminating in a gun in my face at a remote cabin location. Without hyperbole, I tell you the end result is the stuff of after school movie specials. I was asked to go on a few talk/news shows ... that's how bad.

Why do I mention this? Because the slow escalation of events and the inability to stop him through all legal means, the sense of utter frustration that my life was being ruined and *no one* could do anything about it is not that different from what seems to be happening here. Even though what was happening was clearly illegal, I did all the right things and I was not in any way to blame, it ended violently, badly and I nearly lost my life. Which explains, I say without apology, why these issues are near and dear to me.

Projecting? Hell yeah :) Been there, done that.

But that's okay ... personal experiences are meant to lend you insight into what things you will do with the balance of your time/life/energy.

So this bugs me in ways I cannot begin to really describe to you. Not so much because it makes my scars itch, but because I understand it's a huge problem that is getting worse and we seem, as a society, to be doing so little to stop it - this disregard for the privacy and right to privacy of people we deem "interesting".

William and Catherine, as do all human beings, deserve better.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:48 AM
Serene Highness

Legal experts say the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge can easily win an injunction in Denmark. Denmark has tough laws but it seems TRH have already made their 'point' and are not pursuing court action in Denmark. I don't know this for certain but just my opinion.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:49 AM
Aristocracy

Hey. This is truly terrible.

We have been discussing it on another thread and I reposted this to it here in this post.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Legal experts say the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge can easily win an injunction in Denmark. Denmark has tough laws but it seems TRH have already made their 'point' and are not pursuing court action in Denmark. I don't know this for certain but just my opinion.
While I understand why they won't pursue this "to the ends of the earth" themselves, it makes perfect sense in a pragmatic way, I think some our big thinkers and people of action need to get on it :)
Old 09-28-2012, 08:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
You've read 980 or so posts in a topic that doesn't interest you?
Yep, I read 'em all! Interest has nothing at all to do with being informed.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Aristocracy

The CBC has a very good article on freedom of the press/free speech in relation to the Google executive who was recently arrested over failing to remove/censor a piece of film which had been deemed illegal in that country.

At some point it was inevitable that the great bastion of free speech and individual access to information (the internet) was going to have to be "tamed" - one hopes this step is a positive, careful one.

It's the first thing that needs to happen, imo, to get a grip on the ongoing privacy invasion issues the Cambridges are facing. Still, it makes me a little ... nervous.

Anyhooo - thought it might be interesting to those following this issue with the bigger picture in mind.

Quote:
Yep, I read 'em all! Interest has nothing at all to do with being informed.
Sure it does. One follows from the other. Interest is the catalyst that leads to an informed state. Now, it might be true that you are not positively interested, or interested in a way that has anything to do with anything except being informed of current events - but the two things are not divisible.

YMMV of course.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Serene Highness

'Free speech' comes with responsibility IMO and there has always been limits to it, at least in North America and although it has taken many years, the law appears to be finally catching up with the internet.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl
Oh I think they should raise he double hockey stix! I don't feel their point has been made and they need to do more to insist that their rights were violated. I also feel they need to keep bringing it up so the %*%€h who took the photos will be caught.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Oh I think they should raise he double hockey stix! I don't feel their point has been made and they need to do more to insist that their rights were violated. I also feel they need to keep bringing it up so the %*%€h who took the photos will be caught.
Made me smile :)
Old 09-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Courtier

Definitely this person needs to be caught. As long as the person is let go he/she will just keep offering up more pictures. Honestly, I wish that William would hire his own private investigators and find out who this person is. At the moment the person is hiding behind "protected source" status and apparently he/she will not be ratted on. Given that, I would wish that William would set out to find out who this is and bring them to court and sue their a** off. The person may not have much money but they can sure as hell spend some jail time. If the paps realize that it may not be all that worth it if they realize he is serious and they may have to spend some jail time they may cool it a bit. After all, William can certainly afford it.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Definitely this person needs to be caught. As long as the person is let go he/she will just keep offering up more pictures. Honestly, I wish that William would hire his own private investigators and find out who this person is. At the moment the person is hiding behind "protected source" status and apparently he/she will not be ratted on. Given that, I would wish that William would set out to find out who this is and bring them to court and sue their a** off. The person may not have much money but they can sure as hell spend some jail time. If the paps realize that it may not be all that worth it if they realize he is serious and they may have to spend some jail time they may cool it a bit. After all, William can certainly afford it.

Yes. I have to admit, there's a base part of me, that in the bone thing, that really wants the Cambridges to pull a Picard ("The line must be drawn here. This far. No farther!")`and, to quote Gandhi, "Be the change".

Wow, Star Trek and Gandhi in one sentence. There must be some sort of bad writing award for a thing like that, eh?

Thing is ... who better? Other thing is ... who better able? And another thing is ... who else?

And just because I am on a roll, let's add some Burke ..."When good men do nothing, evil triumphs."

(Because a pinch of passive aggressive-ish sophistry is always good). Seriously, I do wish they'd just stand up and say "No." Really, really loudly.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ah! Quotes. Goody. Let me add one:

Howard Beale (Peter Finch) in "Network": "Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

I am a little disappointed that William and Kate are going to leave it now they've "made their point". They are in a position to do more than just make their point. I'd like to see them both follow this through and try and do something more about the issue since it is something that affects everyone. By leaving it lie now, they give the appearance of only being concerned about the issue so far as it affects themselves personally.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Courtier

The Danish pics are really the worst ones. That's way, way over the line.

It's interesting that so many photos exist over--what appears to be--multiple days. There were always threats that there were more pics of Harry's Vegas trip, but it turns out William and Kate have more to be worried about.