The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

...example of how to publish the pics without publishing them (and without paying a penny):

http://s10.postimage.org/fqsahhll5/151975259.jpg

Old 09-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche
"They should not feel safe around their personal surrounding" How sad is that and how sad that people think this is okay

Totally agree. Its very sad

Old 09-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbutterfly

Totally agree. Its very sad
Yup. And so is the idea that if they even for one minute let themselves relax and feel safe, and a photographer takes advantage of it, than they're somehow partially to blame.

I feel very sad for Kate right now.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Absolutely. When you enter into royalty, you know taht you have to be more carefull, and you know that papz are everywhere and omnipotents. Money attraction is soo strong that they do everything to have it. I read that these topless oics have been negociated 0.5 - 1 million of euros!! Imagine for the guy he took them. With such money, you can almost retire... you do not care about legal actions, how severe could them be, comparable to 0.5 million??? There is no way to stop this. Even if not published in France these pics would be sold in Germany or Italy, where they have not such strict laws, but in any case these pics worth for gold!!
Of course, as often said, IF nobody buys the magazine, then, papz will stop, but who really believes that nobody will buy?? People is fed from such publications...
So the only way to avoid, is TO BE CAREFULL.
By saying that Kate needs to be more careful you are condoning what this photographer did. She is not in a hotel topless beside it's pool, she is not on a beach lying topless on her beach towel, she is not even on boat out at sea lying topless on deck - she is in a private house, by it's private pool. The fact that people like you will have a 'blame the victim' reaction, which is what you're doing with a comment like that, is why photographs like this are still being taken. With your comment you are saying that it is ok for this man to hid and use a long range lensed to spy and photograph Kate like this, you are blaming Kate for this mans disgusting actions.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
By saying that Kate needs to be more careful you are condoning what this photographer did. She is not in a hotel topless beside it's pool, she is not on a beach lying topless on her beach towel, she is not even on boat out at sea lying topless on deck - she is in a private house, by it's private pool. The fact that people like you will have a 'blame the victim' reaction, which is what you're doing with a comment like that, is why photographs like this are still being taken. With your comment you are saying that it is ok for this man to hid and use a long range lensed to spy and photograph Kate like this, you are blaming Kate for this mans disgusting actions.
MY GOD NO!!!
It is like the story of the theive! If you let the door of your house wide open, it will always be someone who will entry and steal you. Of course it is disgusting what he is done, of course he went into your private area, of course it is illegal, but world is full of thieves!! To be protected, JUST CLOSE YOUR DOOR!!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003

MY GOD NO!!!
It is like the story of the theive! If you let the door of your house wide open, it will always be someone who will entry and steal you. Of course it is disgusting what he is done, of course he went into your private area, of course it is illegal, but world is full of thieves!! To be protected, JUST CLOSE YOUR DOOR!!
Except this is about more than taking simple precautions. This is about the fact that photographers treat them like prey. They were in a private house, surrounded by 650 acres of private land, on an unannounced holiday and with a security team in place. They did everything right.

In this situation, William and Kate did everything right, and a photographer still bypassed all of their precautions. The blame lie solely with the photographer and magazine editor.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

she definitely should have kept her top on, they both created an opportunity for the paperazzi which does not make them victims but just plain stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I can understand the privacy issues and the photographer and publisher has gone way out of line. But even on a private estate why would you go around topless when you know paps will be anywhere they can be to get pictures. Look at the honeymoon pictures we got?
If it was to get an even tan, she shouldn't. I'm not saying she's in the wrong I just don't understand why anyone would go topless.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Very true, and yet...it's only to be expected!

These days there is little privacy for anyone; for William and Kate, the only place they can truly be private is behind palace walls, and they must keep that in mind.

It's happened before to so many others: Harry, Charles, Diana, Fergie...
it's not their fault but they need to be aware.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Even after the most unpleasant and evil incidents, one could draw some good conclusions.
In this case it was nothing to make fuss about:
-they are husband and wife;
-Kate is a natural beauty ( not a silicone artificial, like many Hollywood stars) and she could be example of remaining this way for younger girls.
Besides all, I think the paparazzi hoped for different kind of photos, I guess nothing stops them from doing this unless people refuse to buy the gossip papers.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Commoner

Do you know how many normal women this happens to every year??? Some person takes private pictures of them unknown to them and it ends up on the internet!! This is sick and a huge violation. Its not about being famous. They didnt invite this sicko over for lunch. They were spied upon. From miles away. How any of you could blame her is beyond me. But we're women why should I expect better.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Editor of French magazine "Closer" explains decision to publish Kate topless pictures:
BBC News - Kate photos reaction 'disproportionate' - Closer editor
Old 09-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
These days there is little privacy for anyone;
Isn't that the truth...

Even people who aren't famous...it's on Facebook, Twitter, and whatever new social medium there is. We're moving into a very exhibitionist age.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

There is a difference if they are being photographed in a public place, then yes she should be aware but if it is a private residence then she is free to do what she wants. The paparazzi have no right taking pictures and even if they do, such pictures should not be published. Tomorrow it'll be normal for them to take pictures of them while they are indoors.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Editor of French magazine "Closer" explains decision to publish Kate topless pictures:
BBC News - Kate photos reaction 'disproportionate' - Closer editor
What a hypocrite !! I loathe this kind of person.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
MY GOD NO!!!
It is not at all like the story of the thieve. Kate was in a private place, not somewhere public. The door was closed. You are blaming the woman for taking her top off, not the man who hid, spied and used a long ranged lense to photograph her without her permission.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
There is another ethical question here. How many of us believe in their right to privacy, believe that paps are creeps, think the mag is a rag - but still went and looked at the photos? Ethically, by looking at the photos, I endorsed the invasion of their privacy. I'm not proud of that, but it is true.
I completely agree, especially about looking at the photos online "endorsing" the invasion of privacy. I too looked at the photos, though my intentions were to see if they were fake or real, I still looked, thus I condoned this behavior.

We should all stay away from looking at the photos, or even looking at photos of the photos. Changing the behavior of the paps will only happen when people stop buying the mags and looking at the pics online.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Except this is about more than taking simple precautions. This is about the fact that photographers treat them like prey. They were in a private house, surrounded by 650 acres of private land, on an unannounced holiday and with a security team in place. They did everything right.

In this situation, William and Kate did everything right, and a photographer still bypassed all of their precautions. The blame lie solely with the photographer and magazine editor.
Well said.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
she definitely should have kept her top on, they both created an opportunity for the paperazzi which does not make them victims but just plain stupid.
Yes it is all Kate's fault. Has no one ever told her that if you take your top off on in a house on 650 acres of private property you are creating an opportunity for the paparazzi and of course we women all know that if you take your clothes off, even in private, anyone that wants can come along and photograph you without your permission. Stupid Kate!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbutterfly View Post
Do you know how many normal women this happens to every year??? Some person takes private pictures of them unknown to them and it ends up on the internet!! This is sick and a huge violation. Its not about being famous. They didnt invite this sicko over for lunch. They were spied upon. From miles away. How any of you could blame her is beyond me. But we're women why should I expect better.
It so sad, and some of these normal women get their pictures taking inside their home with some a**hole taking it from the house across the street through a window but yet somehow society has made it the women fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
Isn't that the truth...

Even people who aren't famous...it's on Facebook, Twitter, and whatever new social medium there is. We're moving into a very exhibitionist age.

I don't understand how my generation is not fazed by this.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

According to Richard Palmer tweeter statement:
"Agence France-Presse reports from Paris that the Royal Household has launched a law suit over topless photos of the Duchess of Cambridge."