The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #681  
Old 09-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 3,950
Remenber Prince Frederik at a private party after his twins' baptism, that was supplied by a "friend" and published by this rag.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #682  
Old 09-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
It's interesting, too, to read some of sophistry surrounding publication of the photos. No, the Duchess wasn't visible from a public road without a high-powered telephoto lens; the Duchess was doing nothing unusual at all; I can't imagine that the Duchess has a body or figure which is remarkable in any way; the Duchess was well within her rights to assume privacy; the Duchess, the victim, is suffering the feeble attempts of the invaders and publishers to shove the responsibility on to her, which is arrant nonsense! The purpose was purely to mortify the Duchess and the Brtish Royal Family; any other 'explanation' is utter rubbish!I agree 100%. They only wanted to mortify the Duchess and make money doing it.

And good for the angry husband who has shown that he means what he says! He will not permit his wife to be persecuted as his mother was; he is of strong enough character to attack the gutter press, which few before him, anywhere, have been and above all, his private, domestic life, and his wife, are of real value to him. I couldn't admire him more.
I certainly admire this young man for protecting his wife immediately. He has more back-bone than I thought. Argues well for his character and love of family. Plus, there is not a doubt in my mind that his father and grandmother were 100% behind him. This invastion of privacy [especially on private property] is getting out of hand. I don't understand how these mutations of the gutter press can even persecute family members of well known people without them being sued. The relatives have not asked to be in the public eye [ example Letizia's sister or celebrities' children while at private parties] SICK! There are enough people out there that want their 1/2 nude pictures published without seeking out ones that don't.
__________________

__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #683  
Old 09-20-2012, 01:22 AM
Bine221's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
Have there been pics of Victoria, Mette-Marit, Mary sunbathing topless?
I guess, the main point is: if you are a princess, you do NOT go topless. Fullstop.

You have many privileges as a princess, but also many threads... and this is one of them. I have never seen the Nordic princesses or Letizia, Maxima topless, because they simply understood the point. Kate did not (yet), surely she will know now.
Sometimes learning can hurt ....


BYe Bine
Reply With Quote
  #684  
Old 09-20-2012, 02:02 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Posts: 72
Quote:
I have never seen the Nordic princesses or Letizia, Maxima topless, because they simply understood the point.

Probably you've never seen them topless because no one has published pictures of them topless, not because they've never sunbathed topless in a private place.
Reply With Quote
  #685  
Old 09-20-2012, 02:12 AM
Bine221's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz_Voz View Post
Probably you've never seen them topless because no one has published pictures of them topless, not because they've never sunbathed topless in a private place.
Hi, Daz Voz,
you can be right. But the issue is: They never catched them unprepared. That is the point. And I know, that there has been paparazzi pics from all princesses sunbathing as well..... i.e see Letizia last year, MM this year. All with their bikini tops on .
BYe Bine
Reply With Quote
  #686  
Old 09-20-2012, 02:46 AM
bertie5252003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,199
I totally agree what is the future Queen of England thinking that at anytime that this oaky IMO it is not and she has been caught out before so IMO she has done nothing to help herself.
She was realy stupid to take such a risk KNOWING about camera lenses and so on ... no sympathy from me and lets hope she has learnt her lesson.
Reply With Quote
  #687  
Old 09-20-2012, 02:48 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 8,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
Oh, they give them enough to talk about, even though the Scandinavian princesses keep their tops on. And I don't think the press is really interested in the BRF. But this is a scandal now (not just the pics but also the law suit) and it sells.

I am also quite sure if these were pictures of Mary or Mette-Marit they would be printed in the British press and your comments would be quite different.
It's difficult to figure out the motives, at least of the Danish and Swedish magazines.
The interest in the BRF isn't huge here, because we have our own "young" royals.
It's just naked breasts! Hardly a novelty.
People who dislike the magazines, won't buy them anyway, at best they will flip through the mag at the hairdresser.
99% of all men wouldn't dream of buying the mags, just to look at grainy pics of breasts. (*)

So what can be the motive?

Well, as I see it it's a combination.

A) Hope to arouse curiosity and increase sales through that, particular from people who are standing in line at the supermarkets and who would otherwise not have bought the magzine.

B) Pushing the envelope and see how far they can go.

C) Show people, and not leasts royals and celebs that they, the magazines, cannot be curbed or intimidated by lawsuits. Because freedom of speech, the public has a right to know and.....

D) Confirming their own (twisted and pretty childish) feeling and reputation of being the "bad boys" and those "who dare".

- I've said it before, we have the medias we deserve.
The only thing such magazines respect is money.
The money from the readers who buy the magazines and the advertizers.

So, don't buy the magazine, don't even read it used (and as such expose yourself to the advertisments, because it's just as much the advertisments that sell), that's the best response from us.

And I don't buy the argument that if you boycott such a magazine it will be pointless because others will buy it anyway. - That's just an excuse to do nothing.

(*) Well, at least not in this day and age. Back in the mid 80's there was a Swedish singer called Carola Häggvist, and she was pretty hot and there was no way she would perform, wearing less clothes than her talent. So when a mens magazine (Rapport) announced that they had topless pics of Carola in the next issue, I as a young lad, rushed to buy the mag, - only to be so disappointed, because the pics turned out to be sattelite-photos.
But today, with the Internet, no.
Reply With Quote
  #688  
Old 09-20-2012, 03:00 AM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
I apologize in advance to anyone who's already commented on this post. Under English Common Law, the female spouse takes the surname and/or title of the husband. Therefore, Catherine is legally HRH The Duchess of Cambridge. That's her name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I do not know how is the law in England. In Greece for ex. women do not change their maidname upon marriage. Catherine would be Catherine Middleton, all her life. You even NOT add your husbands name. So might in England be the name. If according to the English law, she stays Catherine Middleton, it's normal for the French legal documents, to referr to her like this.
Reply With Quote
  #689  
Old 09-20-2012, 03:57 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Honestly I would be just offended if it was Victoria, Letizia, Mary or the lady down the street. I believe its a gross invasion of privacy no matter whose picture is being taken w/out their consent in a private setting.
I don't have double standards either. If it was Victoria, Letizia, Mary ... I would pity them - and be astonished about their stupidity.
Reply With Quote
  #690  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:58 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
I guess, the main point is: if you are a princess, you do NOT go topless. Fullstop.

You have many privileges as a princess, but also many threads... and this is one of them. I have never seen the Nordic princesses or Letizia, Maxima topless, because they simply understood the point. Kate did not (yet), surely she will know now.
Sometimes learning can hurt ....


BYe Bine
This is a FULL SENSE comment. You said all.
Reply With Quote
  #691  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:12 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I apologize in advance to anyone who's already commented on this post. Under English Common Law, the female spouse takes the surname and/or title of the husband. Therefore, Catherine is legally HRH The Duchess of Cambridge. That's her name.
In France, on legal and official documents, the maiden name is used. Since the it was a French court, usage of Mme Catherine Elizabeth Middleton is correct.
Reply With Quote
  #692  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:24 AM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 732
Letizia have had topless pictures publish, Frederik have had picture of him jumping buck naked from a boat publish. All these victim blaming, "my princess is too smart" to be violated and a victim quote from here are disgusting
Reply With Quote
  #693  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 1,186


I am almost positive that Letizia had topless photos of her taken as well but I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #694  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:39 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 1,186
What I don't get is this, when anyone travels to a foreign country or jurisdiction, they are always told to obey the laws and customs of that country

If the Duke and Duchess had broken a French law while on vacation (speeding ticket or whatever) I doubt people would say that speeding is a 'stupid' law and the Duke and Duchess should just ignore it.

People would rightly say that they broke the law and should pay the fine or ticket, whatever.

Why is it different with The Closer or this disgusting photographer?

France has laws in place that say it is illegal to invade someone's privacy in this manner, so to say that the Duke and Duchess are in the wrong is classic victim blaming IMO.

Yes the photos are already out there but that doesn't mean that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge shouldn't stick up for themselves.

I am sorry for beating a dead horse but my blood boils over this incident.
Reply With Quote
  #695  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:42 AM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 732
^^She did, they are on another forum where they embedded the photos in the thread (don't have to click the link to see it.) She was on a rooftop sunbathing. It was wrong then and it wrong now for some pervert to take pictures of a woman like this. I don't care if they are famous, they are still human and should have to take being violated by others. They should have to learn that being violated is okay (learned her lessons?) because of who the marry.
Reply With Quote
  #696  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 8,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Letizia have had topless pictures publish, Frederik have had picture of him jumping buck naked from a boat publish. All these victim blaming, "my princess is too smart" to be violated and a victim quote from year are disgusting
Sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean when you say: "a victim quote from year are disgusting"?
Reply With Quote
  #697  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:47 AM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
What I don't get is this, when anyone travels to a foreign country or jurisdiction, they are always told to obey the laws and customs of that country

If the Duke and Duchess had broken a French law while on vacation (speeding ticket or whatever) I doubt people would say that speeding is a 'stupid' law and the Duke and Duchess should just ignore it.

People would rightly say that they broke the law and should pay the fine or ticket, whatever.

Why is it different with The Closer or this disgusting photographer?

France has laws in place that say it is illegal to invade someone's privacy in this manner, so to say that the Duke and Duchess are in the wrong is classic victim blaming IMO.

Yes the photos are already out there but that doesn't mean that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge shouldn't stick up for themselves.

I am sorry for beating a dead horse but my blood boils over this incident.
Some people think she public property so she has no right to privacy so she should be treated like a zoo animal. Others think the BRF are arrogant (to other royals) and the deserve to be hounded and hunted by the press and the take great pleasure of seeing them in pain (see the person who was joking about it being a long range sniper instead).

All I'm seeing is that the world is full of vile people and the people who encourage their behavior
Reply With Quote
  #698  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:49 AM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean when you say: "a victim quote from year are disgusting"?
I meant here.

All the victim blaming that I'm seeing are disgusting
Reply With Quote
  #699  
Old 09-20-2012, 10:34 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,486
The finnish gossip magazine "7 päivää" (from Aller) didn't publish the topless photos, although it's sister magazines in Sweden and Denmark did. The editor of 7 päivää says that they didn't publish the photos, because they have been taken to the private yard, which is illegal in Finland.
Reply With Quote
  #700  
Old 09-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,419
This will be my last opinion on this sitaution.

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge was sharing a private moment on private property where no one can see them from any road. This is a couple that try their best to keep their private life private as much as possible, so I somehow doubt they would've let their guard down if they felt like the property they were on wasn't safe enough.

The person who I think was in the wrong was the photographer and the magazines that decided to publish the pictures. Oviously the royal couple, royal family and the palace thought the same and they stood their ground on privacy. They deserve some rights to privacy just like everyone else. I don't think anyone should allow any photogaphers to invade their privacy to take private pictures of them and publish them.

I applaud the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge on the way they handled this situation and I think the Duchess showed a great deal of strength while she carried out her duty on the Diamond Jubilee Tour. She could've crumbled over this but she didn't and I think she be applauded for it.

Blogs | Richard Palmer | Royal blog: Duchess Kate is a tough cookie | Exclusive opinion, news and views from Daily and Sunday Express's top writersExpress.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece haakon kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince oscar princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess stéphanie's daytime outfits queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sheikh hamdan bin mohammed state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises