The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMR
Weren't William and Kate supposed to be working? That's the reason given for not attending the closing ceremony of the Paralympics. What were they doing on yet ANOTHER vacation? And, between the two of them, they should have had brains enough to realize that taking off her bikini top may not have been the smartest thing to do. They KNOW the paps are everywhere. The French home faced a public road. They have to be mature enough to know that they must take the good with the bad. They live in the lap of luxury at other people's expense and do little in return, especially Kate. They represent the RF and should conduct themselves with that in mind. No, maybe it's not fair that she can't sunbathe topless with her husband, but she is not everywoman. William will be King one day and she should have known better. I'm trying to feel sympathy for these two, but I just can't.
William was working during the Paralympics. Catherine attended certain events but no work excuse was given for her not attending the closing ceremony. I agree with everything you say, except the holiday bit. William gets 38 days a year holiday plus extra time before and after training missions or deployment.
He can take his holiday when he likes.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta
My take on why W&K are so upset is that THEY GOT CAUGHT. They weren't doing anything wrong, but they've been hiding who they really are. They are no longer "pure" and may not be worthy of all the adulation they get.
... What on earth did they do that was impure or not in keeping with who they really are? For heavens sake, there's nothing at all wrong with a woman being nude alone with her husband, even in very strict religious traditions

Old 09-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
My take on why W&K are so upset is that THEY GOT CAUGHT. They weren't doing anything wrong, but they've been hiding who they really are. They are no longer "pure" and may not be worthy of all the adulation they get.
Goodness gracious. "They've been hiding who they really are." Really now? There have been plenty of pictures of them over the years on holidays, swimming and sunbathing. Obviously they felt they were in more private surroundings this time and - gasp - she took her bikini top off in front of her husband! On a continent where many, many women are perfectly fine walking around topless on public beaches, I doubt this will strike many as terribly impure.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Are you serious ?
Old 09-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella

Goodness gracious. "They've been hiding who they really are." Really now? There have been plenty of pictures of them over the years on holidays, swimming and sunbathing. Obviously they felt they were in more private surroundings this time and - gasp - she took her bikini top off in front of her husband! On a continent where many, many women are perfectly fine walking around topless on public beaches, I doubt this will strike many as terribly impure.
It's insane that people treat the human body like there's something inherently shameful about it.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

not ashamed, but modest and proud that some things are only for your husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
It's insane that people treat the human body like there's something inherently shameful about it.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

it was on the bbc news today and they commented on it, that william and kate looked at groups of male native dancers but kept their eyes diverted from the female native dancers who were topless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
Huh? I can't remember which article, but the reporter was actually impressed because they did in fact watch the native dancers and spoke with them without any problems at all.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
not ashamed, but modest and proud that some things are only for your husband
Well, as Kate was alone with her husband and no intention of being seen by anyone else, this still doesn't reflect negatively on her even if your personal beliefs trend towards the exceptionally prudish.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
It's one thing to know they are on vacation, which is fine, but for the paparazzi to take those very private and intimate pictures, while they are on private property and to sell them is another. Their privacy was violated.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
it was on the bbc news today and they commented on it, that william and kate looked at groups of male native dancers but kept their eyes diverted from the female native dancers who were topless.
Well, all the video that I have seen shows the opposite. So perhaps the BBC reporter was "spinning" the story for effect?
Old 09-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

it does in my eyes, anyone outdoors topless can expect to be seen and watched no matter the distance of the road etc.

You can not on the other hand being the dutches of cambridge expect that no one will photograph you just because you are you.

But we have been over and over the subject and I think we all know each others viewpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Well, as Kate was alone with her husband and no intention of being seen by anyone else, this still doesn't reflect negatively on her even if your personal beliefs trend towards the exceptionally prudish.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

no the bbc did not spin anything, they are not fox news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
Well, all the video that I have seen shows the opposite. So perhaps the BBC reporter was "spinning" the story for effect?
Old 09-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
it does in my eyes, anyone outdoors topless can expect to be seen and watched no matter the distance of the road etc.

You can not on the other hand being the dutches of cambridge expect that no one will photograph you just because you are you.

But we have been over and over the subject and I think we all know each others viewpoint.
Yes, and my perspective at this point is that I don't know how some of you make it through your day to day lives without smelling salts and a fainting couch.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
no the bbc did not spin anything, they are not fox news
Well then, I will respectively disagree with you and the BBC reporter.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Gentry

That's exactly what i'm trying to say. They try to make them look like pure angelic people when there not. Now the cover is blown and this shows who they really are.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Aristocracy

I rather doubt that most people think Kate's actions were wrong. William is her husband. But it was very, very foolish. My personal opinion has not gone down on Kate...people make mistakes. But William is coming across as a person that I really don't like. If he thinks that he can stop the paparazzi from taking pictures and the world press from publishing them, he is living in lala land.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMR View Post
Weren't William and Kate supposed to be working? That's the reason given for not attending the closing ceremony of the Paralympics. What were they doing on yet ANOTHER vacation? And, between the two of them, they should have had brains enough to realize that taking off her bikini top may not have been the smartest thing to do. They KNOW the paps are everywhere. The French home faced a public road. They have to be mature enough to know that they must take the good with the bad. They live in the lap of luxury at other people's expense and do little in return, especially Kate. They represent the RF and should conduct themselves with that in mind. No, maybe it's not fair that she can't sunbathe topless with her husband, but she is not everywoman. William will be King one day and she should have known better. I'm trying to feel sympathy for these two, but I just can't.
The Cambridges did their part in the Olympic and Paralympic ceremonies and they decided to take some private time off before their Jubilee Tour. Nothing wrong with them taking a little vacation.

The private property that they vacationed at was very far from any public road, which is why the photographer had to use a very long lense to take the pictures. William & Catherine were at a very private area and their privacy should've been respected.

The royals really don't ask for much. They work very hard on serving the people and all they ask is for a little down time and some privacy. They are human like everrybody else and they deserve some privacy too.

Catherine did nothing wrong but who did do something wrong was the photographer. These paps have to know that there are boundries that they shouldn't cross. If the shoe was on the other foot, the paps wouldn't like if William & Catherine or anyone else took their pictures while they were in the privacy of their own home or on other private properties and sold the pictures for the whole world to see.

This is why many of us are taught as children to treat others the way you want to be treated. If you don't want something bad to be done to you, then don't do something bad to others.

Yes the royals live in the lap of luxury and their jobs comes with a great deal of privilege but that don't mean that their privacy should be violated and treated with disrespect.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Gentry

It's the media this is just the beginning there going to be more hardships to come just watch.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness is sweet View Post
That's exactly what i'm trying to say. They try to make them look like pure angelic people when there not. Now the cover is blown and this shows who they really are.
I do not understand this at all. She was in a private yard with her husband. She took her top off to sunbathe. What is so impure and non-angelic about this? They are married for crying out loud! I'll bet you Will has actually seen Catherine without ALL of her clothes! What a scandal!

OMG! Who they really are is a married couple that see each other naked! How absolutely shocking!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakieanne View Post
I rather doubt that most people think Kate's actions were wrong. William is her husband. But it was very, very foolish. My personal opinion has not gone down on Kate...people make mistakes. But William is coming across as a person that I really don't like. If he thinks that he can stop the paparazzi from taking pictures and the world press from publishing them, he is living in lala land.
My opinion of him has actually gone up significantly because of this.