The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
If they havent, then only because nobody in Britain knows who these foreign royals are and the pictures dont sell. They might not show dead bodies like the US mags but are not far behind when it comes to exposing celebrities, zooming in on anything indecent (very often given the opportunity by those who want to be even more famous). There is no shame, their own royals are an exception for different reasons.

The other way around, for the foreign press (like the irish guy said), William & Kate are celebrities and there are no favours and why should there? Its all about making money, even if those mags will lose lawsuits who cares? The fine will be pocket money for them.

Somebody said it in a different way earlier, and I agree: it only takes a little thought to avoid such a desaster. Of course its a violation of privacy but who wins here? It only takes time, energy, makes William even more angry but in the end it wont change a thing. Next opportunity, the long lense will be in position again.

Well, I think it's very good that William & Catherine are standing up for their privacy because this time it was a camera lense, next time it could be a gun. The only choice they have is to put their foot down.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Yep. I just found an article...it was actually a friend's home. Nevertheless, he was inside.
That's a shame.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Serene Highness

They were in a private world in an intimate moment and were caught off guard and the photographer just wants money, these scandalous pictures have to stop, its creating a bad images of The BRF, the palace and themselves( catherine and harry). How embarassed do you think they feel with people pointing fingers at them. The damn photographer of course only did it for the $ and not once did they think twice that it could ruin the reputation of someone or even a nation. When someone os doing well why must they hate and try to ruin that person.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 View Post
They were in a private world in an intimate moment and were caught off guard and the photographer just wants money, these scandalous pictures have to stop, its creating a bad images of The BRF, the palace and themselves( catherine and harry). How embarassed do you think they feel with people pointing fingers at them. The damn photographer of course only did it for the $ and not once did they think twice that it could ruin the reputation of someone or even a nation. When someone os doing well why must they hate and try to ruin that person.
Grandduchess24, I think The Duchess of Cambridge is proving that she's coming out of this with her head held high and she's moving forward with so much grace. She's got her husband supporting her through it all. She's going to be okay.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

There's a difference between these stolen pics and those of some previous scandals. The Cambridges are a married couple. Not dallying with others than their spouses. For me it's pretty non-starter as a scandal. Everyone knows Kate has a model's body, this just proved it, no problem. I guess my standards are different. The papparazi are scum but Kate is beautiful and faithful to her husband.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just read a report saying that Chi magazine, in addition to the photos, printed an interview with a prominent Italian plastic surgeon who gave his expert opinion of the future configuration of the breasts in question. Yuck. Leave her alone!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Royal Highness

William and Catherine only ever gave something to the worldwide public. He did not chose to be born as heir of The Prince of Wales but accepted that role while he in addition seeked a profession where he could give something to his home country beyond fulfilling the duties that are due to his position. She married him and now helps him coping with his life.

What did they take apart from the costs anyone in their position would have incured?

And what is the result? People use them, people mock them, sell them or tell them to let anybody do to them whatever they like because they are "public property". Guess what? It is a real shame! And I wonder if being Royal is worth it.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Well, I guess I would blame William & Catherine for putting themselves in this position if they were on a public beach or on public property but they weren't. They were on private property doing something (which I think they are use to doing when in private and vacationing privately) and their privacy should've been respected. I don't even think William & Catherine would've let their guard down like that if they felt it wasn't in private. So now that their privacy have been violated, I really don't think I could blame them for persuing legal action on the pictures.

I remember when someone stole a camera from Pippa's car that had private vacation pictures of William & Catherine on vacation. The pictures were taken to The Sun and The Sun did the right thing by turning the pics in to the police. I think I remembered that correctly, lol. The paps should know crossing the line would land you in trouble.

The royals should stand up for their rights, despite being public figures. They have a right to their privacy too.
I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if William and Kate receive messages from other royals expressing their support for them. No one should be "hunted" like this.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Everyone is applauding their composure but they were unable to acknowledge the native topless dancers, which they should have if only to show that it is not about them but about others.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Aristocracy

This may scare off other potential wives for Harry. Sadly, the magazine will make a fortune on this issue alone and once the photos are out there, there is nothing to bring them back. 25 years from now, their children can google "naked photos of Kate" and find them.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Majesty

I think it takes a strong person to marry into the British royal family but I think it also take the royal family to embrace the newcomers. Make them feel at home, secure and give them all the support they will need to carry out their royal roles. Catherine is getting all the support she will need and that really matters.

I don't know if anyone have brought this up but I know the Middletons must be upset about this situation. I'm sure they are glad that the Palace and the royal lawyers are handling this. It can't be easy for Mr & Mrs Middleton to see their daughter go through this.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
Everyone is applauding their composure but they were unable to acknowledge the native topless dancers, which they should have if only to show that it is not about them but about others.
Huh? I can't remember which article, but the reporter was actually impressed because they did in fact watch the native dancers and spoke with them without any problems at all.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Prince Charles was photographed inside his own home. So essentially, the royals aren't safe anywhere. It's sad really. I don't blame Kate one bit. The fault lies entirely with the paps.
Has anything "scandalous" ever happened to the Queen? I really hate that Kate is having to endure this, and it got me wondering if the Queen had ever had to endure anything similar. I am quite positive she has never been photographed topless but I think I remember reading about her throwing something (a shoe?) At Prince Phillip one time and the incident being reported. Forgive me if I have gotten this wrong.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
Has anything "scandalous" ever happened to the Queen? I really hate that Kate is having to endure this, and it got me wondering if the Queen had ever had to endure anything similar. I am quite positive she has never been photographed topless but I think I remember reading about her throwing something (a shoe?) At Prince Phillip one time and the incident being reported. Forgive me if I have gotten this wrong.
The Queen lived in a different time, at 30 she had other things to worry about than going topless to get a better tan.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Duchess of Cambridge seemed to get the giggles when approached with necklaces today. Yesterday, when the pickup cum canoe riding the waves stated up she laughed aloud with delight.

I would have cracked up too and then complemented my hosts over and over. It's great that they smile and enjoy themselves. It relieves tension and awkwardness, and lets one get on with the job at hand.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
The Queen never been in a situation like this but yes there was an incident with The Queen & Prince Philip. They had an argument back in the day and it was filmed but the film has never been released. You can read more about that here-

Queen Elizabeth: Private side of a thoroughly modern monarch | Mail Online
Old 09-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

My take on why W&K are so upset is that THEY GOT CAUGHT. They weren't doing anything wrong, but they've been hiding who they really are. They are no longer "pure" and may not be worthy of all the adulation they get.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Commoner

"Does anyone remember that Princess Diana was hounded to death by the Paparazzi?
Her son is now witnessing his wife receive the same kind of "no boundaries" treatment that ultimately killed his mother.
And so far not one reporter has made that connection! Is it amnesia? How could anyone forget the state of seige that Princess Diana lived under. And here it is... starting all over again."

Saw that quote in the news today. Thought I'd share.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Commoner

Weren't William and Kate supposed to be working? That's the reason given for not attending the closing ceremony of the Paralympics. What were they doing on yet ANOTHER vacation? And, between the two of them, they should have had brains enough to realize that taking off her bikini top may not have been the smartest thing to do. They KNOW the paps are everywhere. The French home faced a public road. They have to be mature enough to know that they must take the good with the bad. They live in the lap of luxury at other people's expense and do little in return, especially Kate. They represent the RF and should conduct themselves with that in mind. No, maybe it's not fair that she can't sunbathe topless with her husband, but she is not everywoman. William will be King one day and she should have known better. I'm trying to feel sympathy for these two, but I just can't.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
My take on why W&K are so upset is that THEY GOT CAUGHT. They weren't doing anything wrong, but they've been hiding who they really are. They are no longer "pure" and may not be worthy of all the adulation they get.
If they weren't doing anything wrong, then how can it affect how people see them?

If they weren't doing anything wrong, how can it affect their "purity"?

I didn't realize taking your bikini top off in front of your husband made you "impure"!