The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
for nine years straight while dating the prince kate did not ever have photograph taken with her top off. why now?
I'm getting the feeling William & Catherine do this on a regular bases but this time the paps decided to spy on them, take the pictures and publish them. William & Catherine have taken many vacations before and their privacy have never been invaded in this way before.

When the royals are in a safe and private place they let their hair down and just relax. Basically, they do just what we all do and all they want is some private time, just like everybody else.

The royals give so much of themselves publically all year round. I think they want to put their feet up and relax on private property they should be able to do that without having their privacy stepped on and invaded.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Majesty

I get the feeling that the next vacation they go on, no matter how secluded and private the place they will be at, they will always look over their shoulders and feel a bit paranoid. No one should have to feel like that, royal or not.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman
I get the feeling that the next vacation they go on, no matter how secluded and private the place they will be at, they will always look over their shoulders and feel a bit paranoid. No one should have to feel like that, royal or not.
Agreed. And it's a beastly thing to do to someone- destroying their sense of safety.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I am not twisting the facts (I may have implied he was on duty too). He was absent at the Olympics ceremony because he was on duty, they could not lie on that, his mates would know they were lying. Now, what was the real reason for being absent at the Paralympic'? A prior unspecified commitment, much more important for the two ambassadors to not attend. They were not only hiding they were in France, they were showing those amazing athletes how much they care!
But they'd already spent a lot of time at Olympic events.
Let's face it, there's just so much a person can take!

(I myself do not care for sports, yet I watched much of the Olympics, caught up in the pageantry and the excitement.
But the Paralympics came right after, and it was overkill, imo. Maybe if there'd been a bigger gap between the events, it might have been better).
Old 09-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Their next vacation is probably to Balmoral and William would have a gun then. For the past two years they invited Kate's parents to Birkhall in the fall. So if I was a scummy photographer I would avoid the Scottish forests around Aberdeen in case I get mistaken a for a stag.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I have a right to express my opinion using a word/words I like. At the same time, the TRF members have a right to disagree with me. If my word/words go against TRF rules, moderators will modify or delete my posts.
It is entertaining to read ardent empty speeches.
I've always aspired to empty and at last, I have achieved it. Pity, my friends had complained in the past that I was too intense. I have worked on that, and I have apparently succeeded to become vapid and mindless.

Lets all celebrate.

Next challenge?
Old 09-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi
MIchelle are you referring to me or just the overall convo in this thread? Because I agree with you and I don't feel I ever gave the impression that this is about Kate's nudity or not.
I wasn't calling anyone specific.. The general conversation..and not just on this board suddenly seemed to include opinions (not all) that W&K were being Puritan in being upset about topless photos, and therefore that lessened the intrusiveness factor. My point was that their privacy, whatever they were doing, was infringed upon. It was their choice to be private.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Commoner

[QUOTE="MichelleQ2"]

If anyone can impact the privacy laws, it will be William. He has the resources, respect and history behind him to be a serious champion to effect change. Few human beings on the planet have the history with paparazzi he does. another point of note, he was instrumental in his home country on the demise of Murdoch's News of the World, essentially lighting the match. And now he is taking this to French paparazzi. He is not a frivolous boy. He is a man to be reckoned with, and I assume him to be a formidable opponent.

See now you have me creating conspiracy theories in my head.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Majesty

[QUOTE=peanutbutterfly;1462231]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2

If anyone can impact the privacy laws, it will be William. He has the resources, respect and history behind him to be a serious champion to effect change. Few human beings on the planet have the history with paparazzi he does. another point of note, he was instrumental in his home country on the demise of Murdoch's News of the World, essentially lighting the match. And now he is taking this to French paparazzi. He is not a frivolous boy. He is a man to be reckoned with, and I assume him to be a formidable opponent.

See now you have me creating conspiracy theories in my head.
Well, the media can't continue to play games with William. This guy have a wife to look after and sooner or later they will have children to look after. He's got a family to protect now.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Their next vacation is probably to Balmoral and William would have a gun then. For the past two years they invited Kate's parents to Birkhall in the fall. So if I was a scummy photographer I would avoid the Scottish forests around Aberdeen in case I get mistaken a for a stag.
Not only will William have a gun but most likely will have a posse. Its mostly been non British press that has been printing this garbage though. I think the British press is all too aware off the advantages of keeping themselves in William's good graces and although they can allude to "dirt" on the royals, there's a line they will not cross. This was one of them.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:24 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I am late to this, and its sad that their trip is being derailed by topless gate. All this recognition for HM (Jubilee, Olympics) and then the new generation steps in with a different understanding of service & duty.

No matter what legal position there is, how can one be so stupid in Kates position and go topless anywhere. Privacy is a human right but reality is different. Its not rocket science that paparazzi do have long distance lenses and no conscience.

And to pull the Diana card over and over again (forgetting that the Diana - press relationship wasnt so one-sided after all) is just embarrassing.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:43 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I absolutely and wholeheartedly support the action being taken against publication of these photos. Anyone with HALF a brain SHOULD be able to understand that it is 100% UNACCEPTABLE to have such photos of taken of them without their express consent then published for the purpose of humiliating them and for monetary gain.
In the end it wont matter. The genie is out of the bottle, so to say. The future british queen has been seen almost naked and no court judgement can undo this.

In the end, for Kate, going topless outside your own walls, is beyond naive, thinking that the paps will give her a pass. For most people a royal is a celebrity these days, nothing more.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
It is not at all like the story of the thieve. Kate was in a private place, not somewhere public. The door was closed. You are blaming the woman for taking her top off, not the man who hid, spied and used a long ranged lense to photograph her without her permission.
I think our discussion is an endless story... Of course I'm blaming the photographs, they are absolutely awful, but FIRST of all, I'm blaming Kate for having be OUTSIDE topless. Royals, must have constantly in mind that they are exposed everywhere, except inside the walls of their home. All the rest is philosophy. Even if they gain their cause, and of course they will gain it, topless pics are already everywhere. This should have been avoided.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:48 AM
Aristocracy

^^^^ does this fall under the saying...an ounce of prevention equals a pound of cure. (or something like that) :)
Old 09-17-2012, 06:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
^^^^ does this fall under the saying...an ounce of prevention equals a pound of cure. (or something like that) :)
Very well said!
Anyway, regardless the discussion of the responsibilty, I have admired them this weekend, the courage an the proffessionalism they are executing their task!
Bravo sweet couple.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'll bet the pap was surprised when Catherine appeared topless. Something like that can't be planned, unless someone inside said "Kate sunbathes topless each day at 3:00p."

I'm ambivalent about the whole thing.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I'll bet the pap was surprised when Catherine appeared topless. Something like that can't be planned, unless someone inside said "Kate sunbathes topless each day at 3:00p."

I'm ambivalent about the whole thing.
Ha Ha!!! You are right!! He should never hope that he became soo rich!!

There ia another delicate pic, where William puts suncream to his wife "behind", for me worst pic than the topless.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Royal Highness

I hope all those who now cry that Catherine should be more careful with where she sunbathes in private will applaud her when she choses next time a much more secured, more secluded destination - even if it comes at a much higher cost.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

She can sunbathe any way she wants, anywhere she wants. The damage has been done, if it can be called damage. Next time it happens, I'll just say "big deal, we've seen it all before."
Old 09-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Heir Apparent

In any outside place she does it, she is on danger!!! Money is too sweet for papz!!!