The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well ,Plebian is a great word and a few posters now know it's definition.
Of course the royals have all been embroiled in sex scandals, just look at thepresent Kings of Sweden and Belguim.
However, this issue has nothing to do with sex or nudity, it has to do with money, imo.
Which images, whether it's William peeing,Harry's full monty, Diana's nude pregnant belly or Catherine's naked body will bring in the money that the public will pay for. And, unfortunately it's a mostly female audience that's interested for some reason.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
German media reports that the French mag which printed the pics threatens to publish "sex pics" of them if they don't give up sueing them for the publication of the other pics.
I sure hope that if this is true that somewhere it is captured in bold black and white hard copy. Add extortion and blackmail to the list of charges. This is really starting to turn vile.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I have a right to express my opinion using a word/words I like. At the same time, the TRF members have a right to disagree with me. If my word/words goes/go against TRF rules, moderators will modify or delete my posts.
It is entertaining to read ardent empty speeches.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 09-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Of course you have that right, its just that the words you chose make you sound as if you have read too many Victorian novels, Trollope perhaps, and live in a long gone era.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Courtier

Just because William and Catherine are royals does not mean that it is "open season" on them by the press every time they step out of their home. They are human beings and do have a need for privacy. It is wrong for the paparazzi predators to stalk them as if they were prey. The press bully William and Catherine by publishing photos taken at a private estate, then taunt them with talk of more revealing photos. This is rude.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Gentry

Catherine's beautifully even tanned shoulders in the pink islander frock look far less plebian than Zara Phillips at her brother's wedding!
http://cdn03.cdn.socialitelife.com/w...42-435x580.jpg
Old 09-16-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
For anyone concerned about privacy. Check out your own back-yard in Google Earth. You may even be in the picture.
I have checked the front of my house and a) I would not be sunbathing topless, b) the google van could not gain access to our back garden

Seriously, it is wrong that people can make money on such sneaky photos of the Duchess of Cambridge.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Royal Highness

I absolutely and wholeheartedly support the action being taken against publication of these photos. Anyone with HALF a brain SHOULD be able to understand that it is 100% UNACCEPTABLE to have such photos of taken of them without their express consent then published for the purpose of humiliating them and for monetary gain.

Am I to understand that some posters on here will be happy for me to stalk them the rest of their lives and take photos of them half naked from a position outside their house, then post them here on TRF for all to see?? Cos all I have to say is that I'm a paparazzi photographer and you can't touch me! I HAD expected better of some people!
Old 09-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I know the Cambridges and royals are glad the pics are not splashed all over the net. You can't even find them and that's how it should stay.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryL View Post
I have checked the front of my house and a) I would not be sunbathing topless, b) the google van could not gain access to our back garden
No van needed. All the imagery provided by Google Earth is provided by satellite. Technology now is such that a satellite can pick up numbers on a license plate if needed.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_Lulu View Post
Catherine's beautifully even tanned shoulders in the pink islander frock look far less plebian than Zara Phillips at her brother's wedding!
http://cdn03.cdn.socialitelife.com/w...42-435x580.jpg
LOL, seems to have become the word of the day.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I know the Cambridges and royals are glad the pics are not splashed all over the net. You can't even find them and that's how it should stay.
Oh, you can find them, and very easily and quickly.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I have a right to express my opinion using a word/words I like. At the same time, the TRF members have a right to disagree with me. If my word/words go against TRF rules, moderators will modify or delete my posts.
It is entertaining to read ardent empty speeches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Of course you have that right, its just that the words you chose make you sound as if you have read too many Victorian novels, Trollope perhaps, and live in a long gone era.
Yes, Al_bina, you to have the right to express your opinion using words that do not violate TRF guidelines. Just don't be surprised if some of us find the words you choose to use seem as though you are looking down your nose at the rest of us. We all put our panties on one leg at a time, you are not better than me, nor am I better than you, however I don't express my opinions (at least I hope I don't) in a way that would make anyone feel like I am above them.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=PrincessKaimi;1462058]I could not read a lot of this thread, because the judgmental attitude of so many posters is as repulsive to me as the taking of the pictures. Neither is right.

It's almost as if some of you hope that Kate will be emotionally scarred by this, but I bet she won't. She's an intelligent person.[QUOTE]

In which posts did you read that some of us hoped Kate would be emotionally scarred. ??????????? I don't think anyone in here has expressed that, whether they have supported her bathing topless or not. I believe that some posters are saying (forgive me if I'm wrong) that being the future Queen of England, sunbathing topless was risky and she should have known better. But by saying some posters have a judgmental attitude - this is a forum is it not ? where we are all able to express how we feel - just because each of us has a differing point of view, doesn't mean we are being judgmental.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's great that everyone on here is sharing their opinons and peacfully.
LOL Now that did put a smile on my face.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Courtier

According to CNN the distance the paps were from the Chateau was 7.5 footballs fields away. I guess the paps now have the eye sights of an eagle or hawk since the claim the view was visible with the naked eye on the main road
Old 09-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
LOL, seems to have become the word of the day.
Looking tanned was considered plebian until Coco Chanel made it fashionable in the 20's
Today, I would say looking tanned is not plebian anymore, just passe.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Looking tanned was considered plebian until Coco Chanel made it fashionable in the 20's
Today, I would say looking tanned is not plebian anymore, just passe.
Off topic, but it predates Coco. It goes back to the industrial revolution when the plebeians left the fields and went to work in the factories and saw no sunshine, while those that grew richer from the labour of others were able to embark on Grand Tours and spent time out of doors.

Judging from the number of people who flock to the beaches, spend time on their boats or other outdoor sports getting tanned is hardly passe. Even those who do not spend time out of doors seem to want a little colour either from a tanning booth, a bottle or sprayed on. Being pale and pasty does not seem to be a look many go in for.

JMO but calling someone a plebeian seems a raher condescending word and one probably outdated even in the days of the Dowager Countess of Grantham and used only by the most insufferable snobs even then.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Serene Highness

for nine years straight while dating the prince kate did not ever have photograph taken with her top off. why now?
Old 09-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

MIchelle are you referring to me or just the overall convo in this thread? Because I agree with you and I don't feel I ever gave the impression that this is about Kate's nudity or not.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953