The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Nobility

Sue the hell out of them and donate the money to charity. The fact that it happened in France could help. It goes against heir laws, and the gov could make an example of the mag. A win for DDoC could be great pr to the world about France.

Give the investigation a little time. They will find out exactly where he Paz was standing. Trespassing and/or Peeping Tom.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal
Just catching up on people's comments now - and think this is a very astute comment. At the end of the day, William's reaction will be very telling.

The two most important women in his life - his mother and his wife - have been violated by French paps.

That has to stir a very visceral reaction in him. I wonder if we'll all look back in 30 years - when he might be King - and realize that although it was never announced - not only has he (and Kate) never returned to France for a private visit, but official visits are delegated to other BRF members - like Harry.
I think the fact that Diana was directly referenced in his statement is a good indicator that he's beyond furious about this.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

It has nothing to do with nudity and everything to do with security. Anyone who is so called protecting them, should scope out the place and see where a sharpshooter could stand.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post

The two most important women in his life - his mother and his wife - have been violated by French paps.

That has to stir a very visceral reaction in him. I wonder if we'll all look back in 30 years - when he might be King - and realize that although it was never announced - not only has he (and Kate) never returned to France for a private visit, but official visits are delegated to other BRF members - like Harry.
Interesting - and good point. I hadn't made the connection between Diana's car crash in France and Kate's issues with the French media. Though they were just in France before their trip to Asia, so I'm not sure they're avoiding France. It seems to me I read about the pictures while they were there, too.

Perez Hilton has the cover of the magazine up with only white dots hiding Kate and going by those the pictures are just of Kate sunbathing topless - though apparently the editor is hinting at something more they could publish.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Well i really hope that, in the contrary of some of his futur subjects who tend to generalize the attitude of some paps to the entire French nation, William will have some judgment and hopefully come back to France in private or official capacity.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
Perez Hilton has the cover of the magazine up with only white dots hiding Kate and going by those the pictures are just of Kate sunbathing topless - though apparently the editor is hinting at something more they could publish.
Perez Hilton is just as bad as Closer for posting pics of the pics. Course he makes his money doing the same thing as these rags, spreading gossip.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham

Perez Hilton is just as bad as Closer for posting pics of the pics. Course he makes his money doing the same thing as these rags, spreading gossip.
Perez Hilton is a third rate hack and a bully who feeds on humiliating and denigrating people. If he were a fish, he'd be a catfish.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Well i really hope that, in the contrary of some of his futur subjects who tend to generalize the attitude of some paps to the entire French nation, William will have some judgment and hopefully come back to France in private or official capacity.

I would not hold my breathe!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I would not hold my breathe!
And the point of this kind of comment is ....
Old 09-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Gentry

I can only hope the rotten photographer does get jail time, and not at a nice Martha Stewart place either. Punishments for lawbreaking are meant to be prohibitive, so let's see them in action. The fine clearly isn't enough, but maybe incarceration will be.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
And the point of this kind of comment is ....
It has been a well known fact that William has a tremendous distrust of the French media (perhaps media in general) and this is just one more example of the lengths to which the French media will go...I don't think it will contribute to improving his view of the French media!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Courtier

I personally don't think anyone has the right to take advantage of someone who is relaxing on vacation, but we live in a world where many have no scruples. You can't count on anyone else to do the right thing, so you have to protect yourself (yup, I am cynical cindy!). That doesn't make it right or excuse what happened to her by any means. Kate should be able to suntan topless if she chooses to, but the reality is, well, exactly what happened - she got photograped by some scumbag who took advantage of the situation. She didn't do anything wrong, but she is paying the price. I feel terribly for her, especially since you can tell by some comments on the likes of these forums, The DM and such, that people were waiting (and almost wanting!!!) her to "slip-up".
Old 09-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Courtier

Wow, this didn't even occur to me...there does seem to be a major issue with the royal's protection lately:

Quote:
‘If a photographer can poke a lens through some greenery and take these type of pictures then a gunman with a high-powered weapon and telescopic sight could have done far worse. That is really shocking.
Read more: If the paparazzi could see her, why couldn't her bodyguards see them? Questions raised over failure by royal protection police just weeks after Harry scandal | Mail Online
Old 09-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
Interesting - and good point. I hadn't made the connection between Diana's car crash in France and Kate's issues with the French media. Though they were just in France before their trip to Asia, so I'm not sure they're avoiding France. It seems to me I read about the pictures while they were there, too...
To clarify my point, William was a teen when his mother died. He knows French paps were somehow involved, but still it was an accident. However, years later, after he marries Kate (and we know how protective he is of her) - a French pap succeeds in taking topless photos of his wife.

The difference now is that with this latest incident - he is not a teen - he is a man. And it is human nature to avoid places where grief and extremely bad memories reside.

I'm sure you know the meaning of visceral - but for those members here who do not have English as their first language - visceral means "relating to deep inward feelings, rather than to the intellect".

We won't know for sure for years, and it would never be announced of course, but I don't think that we will see William back in France any time soon.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It has been a well known fact that William has a tremendous distrust of the French media (perhaps media in general) and this is just one more example of the lengths to which the French media will go...I don't think it will contribute to improving his view of the French media!
Well the French media (or to be more exact a small part of the French media aka the tablods) are not worse than the US, UK or german ones. Pointing France as the country of the evil press is quite a nonsense and hypocrital, as the royals are equally arrased wherever they go (and certainely not by French paps). We can argue that France has strict laws about privacy, wich is certainely not the case everywhere .

The fact that France is a privilegied royal destination for holidaying is certainely a good guess about why these kind of incidents are sadly repeating themselves. Diana was regullary harassed by paps when skiing in Switzerland some years ago . Did William choose to boycott the Klosters station ? Not. Just imagine a future king William boycotting a state visit to France "because it's too painful for him" is just plain stupid.

We can only hope that the outcry about these pics (yes EVEN here in France) and the very wise choice to sue this paper will serve as a precedent and secure a relative calm futur for the Cambridges on the tabloid front.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Courtier

The punishment should be ten times the amount paid for the pictures times the number of copies printed for the magazine. The editor should be jailed for a year, plus a hefty fine. The pap who took the picures should be jailed for a year and fined 10 times what he received for the pictures and all his camera equipment should be destroyed.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Gentry

Nico, you may have misunderstood my post...Since I know little to nothing about the French media (except what I read), I have no opinion of them. Also, may I add that you are absolutely correct about the US media. They are certainly among the least reputable news sources there is.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
ico, you may have misunderstood my post..
Really sorry about that .

Repeating a similar intiative on another board, if you wish , as i did, to express your feelings and a little bit more to the French Closer redaction, here's the link :

Contactez nous | Closermag

Old 09-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Nobility

Who sunbathes anymore? I hope Kate doesn't sponsor an anti-skin cancer org.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancchick View Post
Who sunbathes anymore? I hope Kate doesn't sponsor an anti-skin cancer org.
To the couple's credit, they could have been poster children for sunblock. Slathering everywhere in those photos. And it shows in the lack of sunburn post holiday!