Baby Cambridge: Potential Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually see "Francis" as less likely (almost zero chance as a first, and less of a chance as any other name). I doubt that such a Protestant royal family would want to be seen as naming their child after a Pope, even though that isn't be the intent. :p

"Frances" though, I can still see.

Re: the "Elizabeth Diana Carole" claim....that's pretty unimaginative, I doubt it's true. I think their child will have four names. Those could very well be three of the four, though....

Re Elizabeth Diana Carole, if it was their choice, I bet it isn't now. I am still sticking to my idea of disinformation to a "friend".

Re: the "Elizabeth Diana Carole" claim....that's pretty unimaginative, I doubt it's true. I think their child will have four names. Those could very well be three of the four, though....

It could go either way. Anne and Louise both have 4 names, but HM, Zara, and the Yorks all only have 3 names, and Princess Margaret only had 2 names.

If it's a boy, it's most likely that there will be 4 names but they could surprise us with more (Edward VIII had 7) or even less. If it's a girl t's likely that there'll be 3 or 4 names, but they could still surprise us.

Francis is Michael Middleton middle name, if anything it would be a way to honor him

I was in Baltimore for three days just now, and I saw a street name which sounds like something from this thread. Aliceanna. It's like one of the names i suggested a while back, Alice-Anne. Evidently someone in Baltimore was once named Aliceanna, and a street was named after her.

I heard in a video on MSN home page that they've already chosen a name for a girl; Elizabeth Diana Carole.

I remember something similar floating around the web/'news sources' right after Lady Louise was born. The said 'sources' were claiming very early on that Edward and Sophie named their daughter Elizabeth Mary Helen. Of course it all turned out to be untrue, so I'd imagine same thing will happen here. We will know the name after the child is born, and no sooner, and that's OK by me (though I have no doubt there will be more speculations as the time gets closer).

I heard in a video on MSN home page that they've already chosen a name for a girl; Elizabeth Diana Carole.
Sounds like they've chosen the three most obvious middle names and ran with them. I wonder whether Will and Kate would load them all onto the firstborn? I suspect there to be a Victoria, Wilhelmina or something before them. Most royals seem to have four names.

I remember something similar floating around the web/'news sources' right after Lady Louise was born. The said 'sources' were claiming very early on that Edward and Sophie named their daughter Elizabeth Mary Helen. Of course it all turned out to be untrue, so I'd imagine same thing will happen here. We will know the name after the child is born, and no sooner, and that's OK by me (though I have no doubt there will be more speculations as the time gets closer).

That´s right,I fully agree with your words! I am sure they will write tons of crap till the baby gets born and many more piles of paper will be wasted on the baby once it is delivered (hopefully healthy and full of joy!) and growing into a mature,pretty person.
As long as the Cambridges don´t say the name I don´t trust any "sources" at all-just like I was waiting for the official news from the Palace when they announced Catherine is happy to expect a child :flowers:

That´s right,I fully agree with your words! I am sure they will write tons of crap till the baby gets born and many more piles of paper will be wasted on the baby once it is delivered (hopefully healthy and full of joy!) and growing into a mature,pretty person.
As long as the Cambridges don´t say the name I don´t trust any "sources" at all-just like I was waiting for the official news from the Palace when they announced Catherine is happy to expect a child :flowers:

I share your sentiments. There's no need to sit here and argue over things that haven't been officially confirmed or denied (and won't be for that matter). Patience is a virtue, and I intend to practice it until the time to know the information comes around.

One of the tabloids is claiming that Kate is at odds with the Queen over choice of godparents.
Kate wants her siblings, and the Queen doesn't think they are appropriate. She is insisting on Andrew and/or Beatrice.

(Wonder how the tabloid came up with that? It sounds unlikely).

Tabloids seem to be constantly saying that there's fighting amongst the royals - often either Catherine vs. the Queen, Catherine vs. Camilla, or Camilla vs. the Queen.

A baby name for St. Patrick's day, today. Honoring those parts which make up the British Isles.

Charles Patrick Owen Michael.

James Patrick Owen Michael.

And various other combinations, with perhaps Robert for Scotland, David for Wales ...lots of other possibilities.

Happy Patrick's Day to TRF.

Last edited:
Ish said:
Tabloids seem to be constantly saying that there's fighting amongst the royals - often either Catherine vs. the Queen, Catherine vs. Camilla, or Camilla vs. the Queen.

I saw on the front page of the Enquirer that the Queen has months to live and she won't see the baby (all of this printed in big capital letters).

I saw on the front page of the Enquirer that the Queen has months to live and she won't see the baby (all of this printed in big capital letters).

I've seen that report like 6 times over the past few years. The tabloids love to predict HM's death.

Yes, the tabloids sometimes write quite bizarre statements,hopefully the Queen will live a long live & have the pleasure of seeing her new grandchild too!

I have been reading a lot about the House of Hanover, Queen Victoria, and her children, I found some girls names that I really like.
Amelia
Adaleide
Emelie
Amelia Elizabeth Charlotte Mary:flowers:
Adaleide Victoria Elizabeth Frances
Emelie Elizabeth Alexandra Anne

I had heard of Amelia before but wasn't sure of the origin. I really like Amelia or Adaleide, if they are looking for historical names but not the same name as the last 3 generations of women.
I know that I am hoping for a lot but I really liked that names, to me they are regal but different.:whistling:

One of the tabloids is claiming that Kate is at odds with the Queen over choice of godparents.
Kate wants her siblings, and the Queen doesn't think they are appropriate. She is insisting on Andrew and/or Beatrice.

(Wonder how the tabloid came up with that? It sounds unlikely).

There's surely no reason for any conflict on that score, since they can have as many godparents as they wish.

There's surely no reason for any conflict on that score, since they can have as many godparents as they wish.

It is if they're saying the Middletons aren't appropriate in general as godparents.

Most likely choices for Godparents:

1) Uncle Gary - they can use the water from the pool at Maison de Bang Bang to christen The Child
2) Victoria Beckham (she'll wear her big dark glasses, carry Harper on her hip and pose with her usual waif look)
3) Pierre Casiraghi - so royal, er, serene, and yet so Italian... almost like a character in a Bond flick. Any modern day royal would be happy to have him up at the font.
4) Princess Beatrice - just to see what she'll wear on the big day

I think it's a boy!

Hello, all! I've been lurking here for quite some time but I wanted to get in on the guessing fun! I think it will be a boy ;), though I'm with the "as long as it's healthy" camp.

My guess for Prince Cambridge? Philip Alexander Henry Charles.
Philip (honors DoE and Pippa), Alexander (honors HM and has appeared in BRF before), Henry (honors Harry), and Charles (honors PoW and peripherally, Carole Middleton, as her name is a feminine variant).

If a princess is born, I'm going with Charlotte Augusta Elizabeth Diana.
Charlotte (for PoW and Carole Middleton, but a little 'softer' than that) and Augusta (uncommon but has precedence in the BRF). Last two, no explanations needed.

I don't think it's out of the question that a princess might bear the name of her deceased, widely-beloved grandmother. Putting Diana (or Charles, for that matter) in the 'anchor' spot is a nice way to honor the relationship Wiliam has with his parents.

The Duke and Duchess seem to be very traditional, but I expect some element of surprise as with their wedding, which turned out beautifully. Also, a lot of people are suggesting names for the second or third child, but lots of things can go wrong during delivery which might make 'the spare' an impossibility, so I wouldn't 'save' a name for a future child. I think they should go with what they like, especially since they don't seem to be into the trendy, creatively spelled names. As I understand that HM has to sort of approve the name, I think they'll go for something 'safe,' but HM seems to realize the need for some allowances.

Last edited:

1) Uncle Gary - they can use the water from the pool at Maison de Bang Bang to christen The Child
2) Victoria Beckham (she'll wear her big dark glasses, carry Harper on her hip and pose with her usual waif look)
3) Pierre Casiraghi - so royal, er, serene, and yet so Italian... almost like a character in a Bond flick. Any modern day royal would be happy to have him up at the font.

Haha,why not also Elton John and Simon Cowell:ROFLMAO:
I hope they either chose siblings (Harry!He´s good with kids and appropriate),very close friends and maybe Beatrice/Eugenie,they seem close to the Cambridge couple and William grew up together with them.
Not big names or important royals because it is a personal event and their child´s christening will be filmed for TV and the baby will be greeted by many royals from all countries anyways!

All I hope for when it comes to godparents is that Prince Harry and either Peter or Zara Phillips will be among them.

most definitely Beatrice, and just for that reason! Perhaps she can have a fascinator with baby rattles on it! :ROFLMAO:

It is if they're saying the Middletons aren't appropriate in general as godparents.

I'm sure it's nonsense anyway, but HM would not be so rude.

As I said, if there was a restriction on the number of godparents (if only two were allowed, for instance), then there might be cause to favour someone over another. But this is not so. The RF have multiple godparents, so the odd duff one isn't going to matter.

I think that one of the names, if a boy, will be Peter to honour her grandfather who died just beofre the engagement was announced.

I think if it's a girl, her first name should be Diana. That way, there will indeed be a Queen Diana after all... and this time it wouldn't be a Consort, but Regnant.
Do you think Her Majesty would give that her stamp of approval?

^^^^
Why in the name of all that is holy would you want to saddle the child with that as a first name?

I was just joking..

Sir Elton is sitting at his piano as we speak, composing a ballad suitable for the child's christening. I hear everyone at People Magazine will get a 10% raise if the child is named Diana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom