The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 12:10 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Who of the four grandparents has the name Michelle?
Catherine's father is named Michael, and I believe Michelle is a feminine form of Michael, and it's also much easier to pronounce than Michaela or other variants.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:51 PM

I'd love to see them name the baby Georgiana; not only would it be unexpected, but also a nod to all the Kings George, as well as to the second most famous (infamous?) woman to come from the Spencer family--The Duchess of Devonshire:

Georgiana Frances Elizabeth Victoria

Old 06-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Aristocracy

I prefer the simpler Georgina. Princess Gina would be a pretty diminutive.

Georgiana I find cumbersome and while I would pronounce it George-ah-na, I'm aware that some say it as George-ay-na which I dislike.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:40 AM
Serene Highness

Remember the son "Georgie Girl"--it would make a comeback.

But I think it will be a boy.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Serene Highness

Georgina Elizabeth Caroline Frances would also be nice

and for a boy

George Phillip Charles Michael
Old 06-27-2013, 10:25 PM
Serene Highness

I was doing a google search on Durham Cathedral, which is famous for its beauty and for its role as a transitional building between Romanesque and Gothic. It has some fabulous historical personages connected to it, both in the church and in secular history. With fabulous Celtic, Saxon and Norman names, too many to list. But what a list for royal baby names! Like a jewel box of names. Why not something interestingly historical like that?
Old 06-27-2013, 11:12 PM
Nobility

It's going to be a LONG 2 weeks....
Old 06-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
It's going to be a LONG 2 weeks....
The Baby could be born any day now! For all we know Catherine could be going into Labor right now, the July 13th due date is not official and was never confirmed by anyone including Buckingham palace, Clarence House and the Duke & Duchess, The Baby will cone when it ready whether it born tomorrow or July 10th. And Catherine is now 37+ weeks pregnant and full term so It can be here any day. Only 5% percent of babies are born in their due date
Old 06-27-2013, 11:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Here are my predictions for first names if it's a girl:

Victoria
Alexandra
Alice
Elizabeth
Caroline
Mary
Mathilda
Eleanor
Anne
Josephine
Old 06-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Courtier

Elizabeth Alexandra Victoria Francesca
Phillip Charles Edmund Francis

Zara Phillips godmother
Maybe one of the York girls
Does Kate have any cousin?
I see cousins more than siblings being godparents.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone see any other royalty outside of the UK in the running for godparent?

I personally, think not. William does not seem close to the related royals across the channel and given the curent political climate, there is not advantage to it.

What do you all think?
Old 06-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Pavlos possibly as William is godfather of one of his children.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the only real choice of non-UK royals would be someone from the Greek Royal Family.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

If a royal who isn't from the UK is chosen as one of Baby Cambridge's godparents, then I also think it will be Pavlos. I like the idea of royals from other countries as godparents, but I think they will choose two family members and then friends. I also think the Countess of Wessex would be a good choice for a godparent as William and Catherine seem to get on well with her.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Elizabeth Alexandra Victoria Francesca
Phillip Charles Edmund Francis

Zara Phillips godmother
Maybe one of the York girls
Does Kate have any cousin?
I see cousins more than siblings being godparents.
Kate has 2 first cousins Lucy and Adam from her dad side. Uncle Gary has a teenage daughter . Lucy and Adam were at Kate bday shindig this year went they went to see Circe du Solie. I would think Zara and Peter have better shots than the Yorkies. William seems closer to them then Bea and Eugiene who seem to interact more with Harry.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Kate has 2 first cousins Lucy and Adam from her dad side. Uncle Gary has a teenage daughter . Lucy and Adam were at Kate bday shindig this year went they went to see Circe du Solie. I would think Zara and Peter have better shots than the Yorkies. William seems closer to them then Bea and Eugiene who seem to interact more with Harry.
I think William and Kate like Zara a lot (just through what I see in pictures - but they do seem to seek her out and then kvetch). So I think and hope they pick her. Plus how cool is it to have an Olympic medalist for a godparent!

Beyond that, I know the Harry bond is solid, but I see it as a house of cards.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Serene Highness

Zara would be a cool godparent. You see her constantly playing with Savannah making her laugh. Plus she can teach baby C to ride a horse.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shani View Post
I'd love to see them name the baby Georgiana; not only would it be unexpected, but also a nod to all the Kings George, as well as to the second most famous (infamous?) woman to come from the Spencer family--The Duchess of Devonshire:

Georgiana Frances Elizabeth Victoria
Yes, because infamous is the way to go.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Aristocracy

They may do what CP Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden did in naming their daughter Estelle - use a minor royal name. Has there ever been a British regent's name that wasn't a "royal staple" name?
Old 06-30-2013, 02:54 AM
Nobility

No, the heirs have usually very traditional British royal names. Sometimes a younger child will gain a less traditional. Andrew for instance was named for his Greek paternal grandfather. George III had some unusual names, like Adolphus and Octavius (who was named as he was their eighth son and his name meant eight in Latin).

For the first born will be traditional, the UK royals are far more conservative IMO then the Swedes. A king, queen reignant/consort I see being chosen. For a second child, a more unique name from the family tree. The only unique name I could see (in it not being the name of a reignant or consort) is Alice, as it is not only for Philip's mother but is found through the royal tree, including Victoria's daughter. Something like Georgina, while pretty, I don't see even for a second child. They may branch out more in the family tree, but I don't see them going that far and that common. If they wanted to honor the Georges, IMO it will be a son named George.

Princess Alexandra Diana Caroline Elizabeth

Prince Arthur Philip Charles Michael

Carole instead of Caroline aside, I'll be shocked if the middle names are not used. The first name is the one I am unsure about. I hope they don't use any of the middle names as a first, the baby should have his or her own identity.