The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Really??? Don't joke!
No, not a joke at all. I know they couldnt really do anything about their surname but naming their daughter Merry was a bit OTT.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Y'know, right now they could name Baby C any name under the sun and they'd not come close to what I think is the all time ridiculous name ever given to a child. Kayne West and Kim Kardashian have named their child North West.

What are these folks thinking anyways?? I really pity the child.
OK - I plump for...
Bainbridge Cambridge
Seychelles Wales
Lindsor Windsor

Old 06-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Commoner

If it's a girl, I like Adelaide Elizabeth Diana Caroline.
If it's a boy, I like Arthur Philip Charles Michael.

I really can't wait till this baby is born!
Old 06-21-2013, 11:29 PM
Commoner

I really like the name Charlotte Frances Elizabeth Michelle, to honor all four grandparents. And yes, I find it much easier to name girls than boys given the plethora of men in the British Royal Family!

Although I'd rather a boy be named Alfred, Albert, or Philip, rather than George, since George has an extremely common history in the royal family, and I kinda agree with the people who've said it's overused.

Alexandra, apparently the other big favorite name according to the bookies, is also quite nice and unused, and I also like Catherine.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Courtier

Who of the four grandparents has the name Michelle?
Old 06-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Who of the four grandparents has the name Michelle?
for Kate's dad Michael I would guess
Old 06-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Courtier

If baby C is born on July 17th, we will hear that Camilla forced Kate into labor or the baby was actually born earlier but Camilla insisted they lie and say the baby was born on her birthday.

Just to see the insanity of the reactions of the American media & the Diana faction, I would like a girl born on July 17th with the name Alice Rosemary Maud Camilla. (C's ggm gm mom & c.)

If W&K name the baby Rose it would be in honor of Camilla. Rose is a name associated with Camilla's family.

Sonia Rosemary (gm)
Rosalind Maud
Camilla Rosemary
Laura Rose
Lola Rosalind

We'll have to wait to see if there is an increase in heart attacks on July 17th.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Oh and I just hired a young girl whose first name is Cinderella, although she goes by Cindy.

The Queen had a cousin on her mother's side named Diana Cinderella Mildred(daughter of the second eldest brother of the queen mother).
Old 06-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
If baby C is born on July 17th, we will hear that Camilla forced Kate into labor or the baby was actually born earlier but Camilla insisted they lie and say the baby was born on her birthday.

Just to see the insanity of the reactions of the American media & the Diana faction, I would like a girl born on July 17th with the name Alice Rosemary Maud Camilla. (C's ggm gm mom & c.)

If W&K name the baby Rose it would be in honor of Camilla. Rose is a name associated with Camilla's family.

Sonia Rosemary (gm)
Rosalind Maud
Camilla Rosemary
Laura Rose
Lola Rosalind

We'll have to wait to see if there is an increase in heart attacks on July 17th.
Good luck! I think it's far more likely that the Camilla claques head will collectively explode when Princess Diana is announced! Tee-hee!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Courtier

We'll have to wait for July 1st or July 17th, Then we'll count the bodies.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

And I would like to point out that Rose was Princess Margaret's name, so it would be more likely to be named for a blood relative than a step.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
And I would like to point out that Rose was Princess Margaret's name, so it would be more likely to be named for a blood relative than a step.
Many steps can be closer to you than your blood relatives. I believe the Duke of Cambridge is far more close to the Duchess of Conrwall than he was from the late Princess Margaret.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's likely though that people are more familiar with Margaret's middle name than Camilla's mother's name, so they'll likely think that Rose is for her.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Good luck! I think it's far more likely that the Camilla claques head will collectively explode when Princess Diana is announced! Tee-hee!
Claque?

I have long been on record here as being a fan of Camilla, but some months ago I predicted the child, if a girl, might be named Diana. It seems a perfectly natural choice to me, and it never occurred to me that the child would be given a name referencing Camilla or her family in any way. And I think it equally unlikely that one of Princess Margaret's names will be used as a tribute to her since I don't think William was especially close to his great-aunt, though Margaret is a fine name in itself and I think it would be a perfectly appropriate choice for a first name. I reckon we will see Diana in the name somewhere if it's a girl, and I'm fairly sure Elizabeth will be there, too, and Caroline. I'm very fond of Eleanor and Helena, and both are possibilities and would be fine first names for a queen.

For a boy, I reckon Charles will be in there, and so will Phillip. Will Michael make it in there or will he be downgraded for the first boy in order to retain one of the Saxon kings' names? Now we just need a first name. How about James or David.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the choice Rose as I think it goes really well with Charlotte. Charlotte Rose is nice enough without adding many other names to it.

I do wonder how many names this little baby will be lumbered with! I think having so many names is unnecessary, but it's a Royal tradition so meh. I have one middle name and it's enough for me!
Old 06-23-2013, 05:09 AM
Royal Highness

I feel sorry for William and Catherine as I believe they are 'damned if they do and damned if they don't'. They will never please everyone with their name choice. I think of course they should honour Diana (just please not as a first name) but maybe with a future child they will honour Camilla and that should be ok too. She is a big part of their life, the Duchess of Cambridge and Camilla seem to have a particularly close relationship.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I like the choice Rose as I think it goes really well with Charlotte. Charlotte Rose is nice enough without adding many other names to it.

I do wonder how many names this little baby will be lumbered with! I think having so many names is unnecessary, but it's a Royal tradition so meh. I have one middle name and it's enough for me!
The royals don't really use all of their names. When they get married that's about the only time so it isnt that big of a deal
Old 06-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

They don't use them, no, but on all their legal documents (and school) their entire name is listed. That must be a nightmare. Imagine how Louise and James feel, they have 6 names (4 names plus double barrelled surname.) The others (William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie) don't use Mountbatten-Windsor, only Louise and James do, so the others' surnames aren't quite as long!
Old 06-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^^
Well in the schools they go to no one would bat an eye at a child with 3-5 Christian names or having a double or triple barreled name. It would all be quite normal and usual,
Old 06-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
^^^^^
Well in the schools they go to no one would bat an eye at a child with 3-5 Christian names or having a double or triple barreled name. It would all be quite normal and usual,
My brothers and I all have four names (first, two middle, last). My cousin's children each have Joseph (boys) or Marie (girls) as their second middle name (yes, their mother is French Canadian). One of my brothers does too.