Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

I think that would be Charles.
Am I missing a something cause last time I checked, Charles was a guy.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:34 PM
Aristocracy

Charlotte is the feminine form of Charles.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Am I missing a something cause last time I checked, Charles was a guy.
Your question was what close relative Charlotte would be in honor of and Charlotte is a feminine version of Charles.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Your question was what close relative Charlotte would be in honor of and Charlotte is a feminine version of Charles.
My question was slightly sarcastic, but feminine or not Charles is Charles and Charlotte is Charlotte.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the name Charlotte, and it is a Royal name that has not been used in a long time.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Royal Highness

I like Charlotte and agree it would honor Charles. Phillip is by far my favorite choice for a boy.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I like Charlotte and agree it would honor Charles. Phillip is by far my favorite choice for a boy.
As much as I do like the name Charlotte, I think its probably not going to be used for Baby C as Charles Spencer and his Countess have recently named their daughter Charlotte Diana.

I really do think this child will have a first name unique unto itself and not named specifically after anyone currently alive. Names like Alexandra and George would be my guess. I still am hoping for Georgianna.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Nobility

Ospi,
I also selected those names for Baby Cambridge. I also like Georgina.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

As much as I do like the name Charlotte, I think its probably not going to be used for Baby C as Charles Spencer and his Countess have recently named their daughter Charlotte Diana.

I really do think this child will have a first name unique unto itself and not named specifically after anyone currently alive. Names like Alexandra and George would be my guess. I still am hoping for Georgianna.
I agree with you on Charlotte. The age difference of the two cousins (once removed) also contributes.

Alexandra (which I do like) is a name in use by a living British royal - Princess Alexandra. I think it's more likely than Charlotte though just because of the age difference.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I agree with you on Charlotte. The age difference of the two cousins (once removed) also contributes.

Alexandra (which I do like) is a name in use by a living British royal - Princess Alexandra. I think it's more likely than Charlotte though just because of the age difference.
You're absolutely right about Princess Alexandra. That one just didn't register as I typed my post.

Can't believe we're already heading into June and before we know it, we'll be hearing a birth announcement. This last stretch has to be trying on Kate as it seems to go on and on forever.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness

If they love the name Charlotte, little Charlotte Spencer would not be a deterrent, IMO.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
If they love the name Charlotte, little Charlotte Spencer would not be a deterrent, IMO.
I agree. I don't think any name will be ruled out just because some other relation has it. It is unlikely anyone would ever confuse HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, likely to be the most famous baby in the world, with Lady Charlotte Spencer.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:14 AM
Gentry

This was my thinking, too, NGalitzine. I considered the connection to Lord Spencer, but I figured the likelihood of the two cousins having a substantive relationship was small. I don't get the impression that William and Catherine are particularly close to Uncle Charles, but it's possible that they are, I suppose.

I think George will probably be in the name somewhere if it's a boy, but I sure would like to see the DoE get his due. He's served admirably as Prince Consort and seems to be close to his grandchildren.

Wow, we're getting ever closer to the arrival of the little one!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:47 AM
Gentry

Charlotte is Pippa's middle name... "Philippa Charlotte"
Old 05-31-2013, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I agree that they may use it if they like it. Although William already has a cousin with the name Charlotte, they would still use it. Whereas I don't see them using the name James or Edward because of current family members with those names.

Charlotte or Alexandra for a girl and Arthur or Louis for a boy are my choices. :)
Old 06-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Nobility

If they want to honor both Carole and Charles, IMO Caroline is far more likely. A royal name but one which has not been used by any living members. Caroline/a is the Latin form of Charles, why the rule of the Charles kings is known as Carolinian in both France and England, and why North and South Carolina are named for King Charles. It is also a variation on Carole, where Charlotte is not.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Royal Highness

I like Caroline/a, it is very pretty and elegant. My cousin is called Carolina and I've always liked the name.

Caroline/a, Alexandra, Mary, Victoria, Sophia and Georgina are my top choices for baby Cambridge if Girl.
Arthur and Richard will always remain my ultimate favourites for baby Cambridge if Boy.

As for Girl's name in general, I don't hate any name, although I have some preferences, I will not be disappointed. However, with a Boy's name is another talk, I have favourites but I HATE George, please God, erase from their minds the possibility of that name.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Commoner

name:

HRH Princess Elizabeth of Cambridge

much later HM Queen Elizabeth III

godparents:

Pippa Middleton
Prince Harry
Countess Mountbatten of Burma
The Lady Saltoun
Earl & Countess Spencer
Viscount & Viscountess Linley
Tom van Straubenzee
a Van Cutsem
Old 06-05-2013, 06:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo View Post
godparents:

Pippa Middleton
Prince Harry
Countess Mountbatten of Burma
The Lady Saltoun
Earl & Countess Spencer
Viscount & Viscountess Linley
Tom van Straubenzee
a Van Cutsem
I doubt that Countess Mounbatten or Lady Saltoun will be asked. Both ladies are, I believe, of Queen Elizabeths' generation. It is more likely that William & Catherine will ask people of their own or their parents generation.
Also, William has shown no closeness to his uncle & current Aunt. If a Spencer connection was to be considered it would more likely be his Aunt Sarah..
Old 06-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Courtier

I've seen the name Eleanor pop up a few times in this thread.
I like it too, but I like the version that was used in Jane Austen's Sense & Sensibility better: Elinor.

Princess Elinor of Cambridge, yes, that sounds and looks good.