The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 09:29 PM

I think if it is a girl the baby will have Diana as a middle name. I also think Elizabeth. I think the Middletons will be represented by the name Charlotte which is Pippa's middle name and also has the same meaning as Carole. This may be really snobby but I don't think the baby will have Carole as a name because it is too downmarket. What about Alexandra Diana Charlotte Elizabeth for a girl. For a boy I think it could have Philip as one of its names and what about Michael - say, for a boy, George Michael Philip Arthur.
Godparents? Pippa and Harry certainly. Also one of the van Cutsems (sp?) What about the guy in charge of William and Kate's household who is just leaving? Maybe James Middleton for a second child? Think the Greek Prince somebody else suggested was good. What about Zara or Peter Philips?

Old 05-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline1953 View Post
I think if it is a girl the baby will have Diana as a middle name. I also think Elizabeth. I think the Middletons will be represented by the name Charlotte which is Pippa's middle name and also has the same meaning as Carole. This may be really snobby but I don't think the baby will have Carole as a name because it is too downmarket. What about Alexandra Diana Charlotte Elizabeth for a girl. For a boy I think it could have Philip as one of its names and what about Michael - say, for a boy, George Michael Philip Arthur.
Godparents? Pippa and Harry certainly. Also one of the van Cutsems (sp?) What about the guy in charge of William and Kate's household who is just leaving? Maybe James Middleton for a second child? Think the Greek Prince somebody else suggested was good. What about Zara or Peter Philips?
It's been said many times many ways but - Diana NO. If you read right back to the begining of this thread you will find lots of fors & againsts.

For a little Prince I like the individual names you have selected but the combination sounds like an 80's pop singer with no class.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Courtier

I still think most likely the First Name will be Elizabeth. One of the reasons is it Honors William Grandmother and Great Grandmother as well as it being Catherine middle name (and her mother middle name also) Catherine great Grandmother is also named Elizabeth. I think Victoria will be in there as a first (which is my second Prediction for first name) or as a middle name. I could also see Caroline or Catherine in there along with either Diana , Mary or Alexandra.

Elizabeth Victoria Catherine Mary sound Good.

I could see Sophie and Edward as Godparents same with either Zara or Philip. Sometime it good to pick people's who already has or is easing kids.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post

It's been said many times many ways but - Diana NO. If you read right back to the begining of this thread you will find lots of fors & againsts.

For a little Prince I like the individual names you have selected but the combination sounds like an 80's pop singer with no class.
I think you are going to be doomed to disappointment. Just as certain people were having a fit that W gave K The Ring, the sky will not fall when the new princess is named after her late grandmother. W has made a point of wanting to include his mother spiritually at the wedding. I would bet the ranch that Diana or Frances is in the name if its a girl.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^^
I hope it is a boy for that very reason.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
^^^^^
I hope it is a boy for that very reason.
In a way I feel the same way also! If it a Girl I don't think it will be named Diana (again I am going with Elizabeth as I mentioned above, Lot of history with that name) Maybe if they have another girl (if the first one is a Girl) Or Kate and William may not have Diana in the names of any of their kids and let Harry name one of his kids Diana if he has a Girl. Kate and Will have honored his mother already with arming and wedding like you mention. You have to let Harry do something to honor his mother like Will and Kate have (Harry gave his mother wedding ring to give to Kate which Diana gave to Harry for his future bride) It only fair in my opinion that in return William let Harry have the name Diana for one of his future kids. I could see William doing that. It would be a nice gesture in return. Harry let his older brother give Diana wedding ring to Kate so as a older brother let Harry have the name Diana. Of course there some people's who will want Harry and William to name every child Diana! So don't be disappointed and make a big deal out of it when Diana is not one of the names of their kids. I am sure one of her Descendants will have The name Diana as a first or middle name somewhere along the way.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Nobility

She's carrying a Prince
Old 05-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I honestly do not think they would give the child the Christian name of Diana. It would likely feature as a middle name.

I think it's a little boy as well, only because all the media coverage of her shopping. It could just be to put the press off though. If it's a boy I am hoping for a Prince Arthur. :)
Old 05-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
She's carrying a Prince
Thanks for letting us in on your pyschic powers.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Thanks for letting us in on your pyschic powers.
No need to be sarcastic
IMHO
Thanks!
Old 05-19-2013, 03:47 PM
Courtier

If it's a girl I think either Diana or Frances will be one of the middle names.

LaRae
Old 05-20-2013, 09:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

A Girl HRH Victoria Elizabeth Diana Charlotte, Princess of X Duchess of Y
Old 05-20-2013, 09:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
A Girl HRH Victoria Elizabeth Diana Charlotte, Princess of X Duchess of Y
Why would she be a Duchess?
Old 05-20-2013, 09:50 PM
Courtier

She won't be. Baby Cambridge is Hrh prince/princess of Cambridge. The of place will change as his/her parents title change.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Why would she be a Duchess?
When William succeeds, as heiress, I would assume a royal 'dukedom' would be in order. Perhaps they will adjust the Duchy of Cornwall to be for the heir/ess, not just the monarch's eldest son.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
When William succeeds, as heiress, I would assume a royal 'dukedom' would be in order. Perhaps they will adjust the Duchy of Cornwall to be for the heir/ess, not just the monarch's eldest son.
If POW and DOC titles haven't been re-written to allow for female heirs, if Baby Cambridge is a girl she will not get a royal dukedom upon her fathers accesion. Doesn't work like that.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I agree that once the equal primogeniture passes, all of the other titles, etc, down the line will be given equally to boys and girls.

But my tarot cards have indicated boy for quite some time now.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

Before I had a hysterectomy, I could guess right the gender of children in the womb.
Then the ability totally departed--no womb to womb any more? This applied to famous people as well as people I personally had contact with. I saw that my friend D's wife was pregnant with a girl, after they had tried unsuccessfully to have a child for 13 years. And I was right. The girl grew up and is a antagonistic to her widowed father. I do not advise having children because they may bring things you had not anticipated. Anyway I have NO guess what the Cambridge baby's gender will be, with a slight tilt toward male in case they did use in vitro for the purpose of having a male and avoiding legal change difficulties at this time. But I have no guess that they did use in vitro. Just would say that the situation leans slightly toward a male in case this happened.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I agree that once the equal primogeniture passes, all of the other titles, etc, down the line will be given equally to boys and girls.

But my tarot cards have indicated boy for quite some time now.
Actually I don't think that's what's going to happen. The equal primogeniture is applied only in the line of succession to the Crown. It has no bearing whatsoever on peerage titles.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Courtier

The charter of the duchy of Cornwall says the eldest living son and heir to the throne is the duke. So if baby c is a girl she not the duke of Cornwall. If Charles dies tomorrow, William isn't the duke of Cornwall because he isn't the son of the monarch. The Cambridge dukedom will merge into the crown upon William becoming king. The Cambridge Children won't get a peerage until they marry and if baby c is a girl her husband would get the peerage like they did with prince Phillip.