The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
Also, one is King Albert of Belgium and one is Prince Albert of Monacco. I'm more concerned about having, say, two named Queen Victoria.
One would be Victoria II and one would be just Victoria
Victoria II would be 36 yrs younger than Victoria
Victoria II would be world famous, Victoria would be lucky to be known outside of Scandinavia.
Cannot see any possibility of confusing the two.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Victoria II would be world famous, Victoria would be lucky to be known outside of Scandinavia.
Victoria will turn 36 in July

Old 04-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post

Victoria will turn 36 in July
And William and Kate's baby is due to be born in July, thus making it 36 years younger than Victoria, as stated.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Gentry

I'd like to see the future monarch christened with a traditional but not commonly used name.

There are many choices for a girl: Alexandra, Charlotte, and my favorite, Augusta.

I think boys are harder. There seem to be a never-ending list of Henrys, Georges, and Edwards in the BRF. I believe myself that the current Prince of Wales will reign, if he accedes to the throne, as George VII.

How about going back further to some of the really old Anglo-Saxon names?
Alfred ("Prince Alf"?)
Harold
Edgar
Edmund
My favorite among these would be Edmund. For a young prince, how about Edmund William Charles Michael? He could reign as Edmund III or William VI (assuming his father reigns as William V).
Old 05-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
And William and Kate's baby is due to be born in July, thus making it 36 years younger than Victoria, as stated.
The two Victorias might have the same birthday!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Serene Highness

I kind of like the name Edmund. I also think the name Albert Edward Charles George has a nice ring to it.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post

Probably future Sweden Queen will ve Victoria I. She's already well known not only in the North Europe.

"Victoria" II certainly will be world famous this summer, but what will be in future totally depends of the ruling of her grandfather and father.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisaVilgh View Post

Probably future Sweden Queen will ve Victoria I. She's already well known not only in the North Europe.
Sweden's Queen will just be Victoria until another Victoria becomes Queen in Sweden in later years. There's no need for an I.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Serene Highness

Victoria would be a wonderful and regal name
Bye Bine
Old 05-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Gentry

It's a bit of a surprise to me that the bookies have tilted the odds so heavily in favor of a girl. I think people still buy into the idea that she "revealed" it was a girl...

The odds are still 50/50 either way.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:31 AM
Commoner

If they chose Arthur they tribute English history and if a boy he'll be the most English Prince in how long? Since the Tudors, perhaps?

Arthur is also included in the names of George VI, Charles, and William allowing other names to be used. So I believe Arthur Philip Michael Henry is a fair bet.

I don't disallow Philippa as a name and I see Catherine as a strong possibility. William is devoted to his wife and Catherine needs to break free from being just the name of Queen Consorts. I believe more QC's have been name Catherine than any other name. So, Catherine Anne Philippa Elizabeth are my choices.

Whatever is chosen I hope the child lives a long and happy life, with much love.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Royal Highness

I like the name Catherine, and I agree that it's about time such a name be given to a princess of the blood. Strange that it hasn't already.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I like the name Catherine, and I agree that it's about time such a name be given to a princess of the blood. Strange that it hasn't already.
It occurred to me that they could name a daughter after her mother yet spell it differently. Katherine.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Nobility

I've never been a fan of naming children after their own parents and since it's not a tradition within the BRF (as far as I know at least) I don't think they'll pick William or C(K)atherine for this baby. I think they'll choose a name that hasn't been used in a few generations, in their immediate family, but still has a firm basis in history and tradition. Eleanor, Margot (variety of Margaret), Victoria, Arthur, Leopold, etc.

Btw... I'm not counting middle names here..
Old 05-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Royal Highness

The last two queens, Elizabeth and Victoria, were named for their mothers, and then Victoria named her own first son and daughter after herself and Albert.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Nobility

I hadn't thought of Elizabeth but Victoria's name Alexandrina. Her middle name was Victoria. It is true, she did name her oldest children after herself and her husband. Are there any more I forgot???
Old 05-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Pillow View Post
I don't disallow Philippa as a name and I see Catherine as a strong possibility. William is devoted to his wife and Catherine needs to break free from being just the name of Queen Consorts. I believe more QC's have been name Catherine than any other name. So, Catherine Anne Philippa Elizabeth are my choices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It occurred to me that they could name a daughter after her mother yet spell it differently. Katherine.
I really like Katherine Anne for a girl.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Commoner

If William insists on naming his possible first born daughter after her mother Catherine. I don't see them changing the spelling of it due to that spelling is the spelling of HRH Katherine of Kent. If he wants Catherine as the name, I believe it will be spelled as her mother spells it. It would be a 'wicked' turn for all those 'Waity Katie' folks, wouldn't it?
Old 05-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Courtier

I like Catherine as a first name for a little princess...but i like Alexandrea as well...
Old 05-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I hadn't thought of Elizabeth but Victoria's name Alexandrina. Her middle name was Victoria. It is true, she did name her oldest children after herself and her husband. Are there any more I forgot???
King William I named his third son after himself. He become King William II in 1087.

King Henry II also named his third son after himself, he was Henry the Young King, who died prior he could ascend to the Throne.

King Edward I named his fifth son after himself, he become King Edward II in 1307.

King Edward II named his firstborn son after himself, he become King Edward III in 1327.

King Edward III also named his firstborn son after himself, he was Edward, the Black Prince, who died prior he could ascend to the Throne.

King Henry IV named his second son after himself, he become King Henry V in 1413.

King Henry V named his only son after himself, he become King Henry VI in 1422.

King Edward IV named his firstborn son after himself, he become King Edward V in 1470 (he was one of the Princes in the Tower).

King Henry VII named his second son after himself, he become King Henry VIII in 1509.

King Henry VIII named three of his legitimate sons after himself, both died young. Two of his illegitimate sons were also named after him.

King Charles I named his firstborn son after himself, he become King Charles II in 1660.

King James II named named three of his sons after himself. All died young.

Queen Anne named her third daughter after herself, but she died young.

King George I named his only son after himself, he become King George II in 1727.

King George II named his third son after himself, but he died young.

King George III named his firstborn son after himself, he become King George IV in 1760.

Queen Victoria named her firstborn daughter after herself, she become the German Empress in 1888.

King George V named his fourth son after himself, he become the Duke of Kent. Also, his second son decided to reign as King George VI.