The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Royal Highness

I'm sad that Alexandra is getting all this publicity, its a lovely and beautiful name but because of this now I somewhat think that we can exclude this name. Sadness... (I hope someone here understands what I just said)

Old 04-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I'm sad that Alexandra is getting all this publicity, its a lovely and beautiful name but because of this now I somewhat think that we can exclude this name. Sadness... (I hope someone here understands what I just said)
I understand entirely, and agree cos it is a lovely name. But being positive, if they want it they should have it AND the public will be happy cos they will make money. Win win???

I just might put money on Charlotte Rose

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I do understand you. One of my friends tends to stop liking things when they get to be too 'popular', and I have a feeling you think that it may happen with the Cambridges when it comes to the name 'Alexandra'. I can see that happening, because it can get very old and annoying when a name that you like is all of a sudden everywhere you go. It's easy to say 'I don't want to hear that name ever again', and put it off the list of possibilities. It would be sad, because the name is indeed lovely.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I understand entirely, and agree cos it is a lovely name. But being positive, if they want it they should have it AND the public will be happy cos they will make money. Win win???

I just might put money on Charlotte Rose
You can only bet on the first name, but why not? I put a bet on a girl and boys name today just for the craic. Charlotte is indeed lovely and is probably quite likely; certainly moreso than Alexandra which I don't think will be the name.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Courtier

I was thinking whatever name that Kate and William choose to name their Baby I bet it will start a Trend in that same name being used. After a Famous Celebs (A Listers) Give birth there is always a uptick in that same name being used afterwards and it start a trend as more people's start naming their child the same name and a Trend Start. I think that will Happen with Kate and William whether it George or Elizabeth it will be a Trend Sitter for names peopled choose for their baby and it will have bump in Popularity. Even so she not royal The same will happen with Kim Kardashian.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
You can only bet on the first name, but why not? I put a bet on a girl and boys name today just for the craic. Charlotte is indeed lovely and is probably quite likely; certainly moreso than Alexandra which I don't think will be the name.
I wouldn't put a bet on, but it has been my #1 choice for v early on. But putting bets on Alexandra doesn't mean that the name is popular in the sense of usage, just that people think its a strong option. No one will name their child Alexandra in the hope that it will be a royal name, only after then event.

I don't have any children but my goodness isn't it difficult to choose names. My 1st name comes from my grandmother who died 6mths after my father was born in a flu epidemic. So it means a lot to me. But my father, who was one of seven, and who never knew his mother is the only one to have given his mothers name to one of her grandchildren, and there are loads of them ( c.20).

I think this influences my view that its what the parents like,; my father said he really liked the name, not sentiment at all.

So if you know what Catherine and William like, place your bets cos you could be onto a winner!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
I was thinking whatever name that Kate and William choose to name their Baby I bet it will start a Trend in that same name being used. After a Famous Celebs (A Listers) Give birth there is always a uptick in that same name being used afterwards and it start a trend as more people's start naming their child the same name and a Trend Start. I think that will Happen with Kate and William whether it George or Elizabeth it will be a Trend Sitter for names peopled choose for their baby and it will have bump in Popularity. Even so she not royal The same will happen with Kim Kardashian.
Clearly this baby's name will go to one of the top spots on the name charts.

If they really love Alexandra, and have had their heart set on it, I don't think this poll would sway them otherwise.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Serene Highness

The only name I've heard about William liking is Alice. But that could be just a media rumor. He might have said that once, a long time ago.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
The only name I've heard about William liking is Alice. But that could be just a media rumor. He might have said that once, a long time ago.
I read the same thing. He liked Alice, Rose and Edward. I like Alice Rose, but too many people think Princess Alice Rose is too lispy. I still like it.

Regarding Alice, it's not only the name of Phillip's mother, but he descended from Princess Alice, daughter of Queen Victoria. It's a nod to Phillip's descent from a British Monarch. The Queen of course, descends from the son who became Edward VII. So I think Alice or Edward are possibilities, notwithstanding the existence of his uncle Edward.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I read the same thing. He liked Alice, Rose and Edward. I like Alice Rose, but too many people think Princess Alice Rose is too lispy. I still like it.

Regarding Alice, it's not only the name of Phillip's mother, but he descended from Princess Alice, daughter of Queen Victoria. It's a nod to Phillip's descent from a British Monarch. The Queen of course, descends from the son who became Edward VII. So I think Alice or Edward are possibilities, notwithstanding the existence of his uncle Edward.
He never said it, it was in one of those articles from way back 2011 who quoted a source saying Kate was pregnant and they liked those names.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It could very well be that they were thinking of the name Alexandra if its a girl and now maybe with it being up there on the bookie's lists, they might do a sneak attack and use Alexandrina instead.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Royal Highness

I think Adelaide, Matilda, Caroline or Eleanor would be great names for a girl, though I wouldn't mind an Alexandra either. Plus the hardworking and lovely Princess Alexandra of Kent is an excellent namesake.

Secretly I hope for an Arthur or an Alexander if its a boy, but more traditionally (perhaps realistically) speaking, I can see George or Edward being used.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I think Adelaide, Matilda, Caroline or Eleanor would be great names for a girl, though I wouldn't mind an Alexandra either. Plus the hardworking and lovely Princess Alexandra of Kent is an excellent namesake.

Secretly I hope for an Arthur or an Alexander if its a boy, but more traditionally (perhaps realistically) speaking, I can see George or Edward being used.
I love all of the girl name you list, and would add Cecilia!

Funny, I haven't thought much of boy names. I only see this baby being a girl... But who knows?
Old 04-14-2013, 08:06 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Funny, I haven't thought much of boy names. I only see this baby being a girl... But who knows?
Odds are 50:50. William and Kate can already know the gender, though.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:02 AM
Aristocracy

You never know about names. I think that they are going to choose a traditional name, a name that comes from the royal heritage. If it's a girl I like the name Alice, if it's a boy I think Arthur is a cute name.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Aristocracy

For a girl I am between Alexandra and Charlotte for a first name.
My guesses for middle names are Elizabeth, Victoria, Mary, Alice or Caroline depending on what the first name is. The Elizabeth is a given I think. Sorry, I see don't see Diana being used at all. I think that name will be reserved for Harry.
For a boy I think either George or Edward for a first name.
With Charles, Philip and David as middle names.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Nobility

It's gonna be prince
Old 04-15-2013, 05:29 AM
Courtier

I think Alexandrina, too. Queen Victoria was christened Alexandrina Victoria
For a boy - George
Old 04-15-2013, 06:21 AM
Courtier

I am still liking:

Alice Elizabeth Caroline Diana OR
Arabella Elizabeth Caroline Diana

for a boy:

Arthur Philip Charles Michael
Old 04-18-2013, 06:32 AM

I have a feeling the baby is a girl, so I would name her
Catherine Diana Carol(ine) Mary

Catherine because traditionally a number of Queens Regnant in England have been named after their mothers, Elizabeth, Victoria, Anne and Matilda.

Diana Carol after the two grandmothers. or Carol Diana

Mary after HM and her Grandmother Queen Mary. (HM's name is Elizabeth Alexandra Mary. It would be a change from Elizabeth and Alexandra.