Baby Cambridge: Potential Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - some people over at the Sun were saying they thought they'd give her the middle name of Carole Diana Camilla but surely they won't give her any of Camilla's names. :hornets: I think that they knew all along what it was and just said they didn't to get the media off their backs. Since they're changing the law that girls can't be in line before boys I think it's a girl and they've named it and will announce the name when they announce the birth. We'll see if I'm right.

:queen4::queen2::baby: :photo:

I like Alexandra Diana Carole.

:champagne::fireworks::

Last edited:
Girl - Alexandra Charlotte Mary

Boy - Philip George Charles

My one and only guess :)

Did anyone actually bet money on a name or a birthdate? I can't where I live thought I might have if I lived in England.

raise.gif

Not necessarily. Not all women want to name their children after their father - the Queen didn't name any of her sons after her father (Charles and Andrew both have some of his names in their middle names).

Anne didn't give her son her father's name, nor did Sophie. Diana (reportedly) wanted to give William her father's name but it was (allegedly) nixed due to it being "cursed" in the BRF.

To be fair, how could Anne have given her son her father's name. His name would have been Philip Phillips... haha.

Queen Elizabeth gave her father's third and fourth names to Prince Charles as his third and fourth names.
Charles Philip Arthur George
Albert Frederick Arthur George

Prnce Andrew was named after his two grandfathers:
Andrew Albert Christian Edward

To be fair, how could Anne have given her son her father's name. His name would have been Philip Phillips... haha.

Queen Elizabeth gave her father's third and fourth names to Prince Charles as his third and fourth names.
Charles Philip Arthur George
Albert Frederick Arthur George

Prnce Andrew was named after his two grandfathers:
Andrew Albert Christian Edward

Phillip Phillips is the name of a current singer-songwriter/winner of American Idol. He was named after his father, also named Phillip Phillips.

The prince Arthur in history was king Henry the vii's brother-a teenage douchebag who bragged to all his little friends that he was 'in Spain last time'...aka banged Catherine of Aragon. he did not but teen boys will be teen boys. he then conveniently proceeded to die of making way for his oh so wonderful little bro.

The prince Arthur in history was king Henry the vii's brother-a teenage douchebag who bragged to all his little friends that he was 'in Spain last time'...aka banged Catherine of Aragon. he did not but teen boys will be teen boys. he then conveniently proceeded to die of making way for his oh so wonderful little bro.

Yes, but most people would tie it to the imaginary one whose father was Uther Pendragon.
king-arthur-buddy-icon.gif

Anyway, I thought Charles had wanted to name William "Arthur" for his first name and Diana nixed it for being too old-fashioned and stuffy.

She was his wife and he was expected to consummate the marriage, so it wasn't as improper a remark as you'd think. Also, historians dispute whether or not the marriage was consummated.

If its a girl I think:

Alexandra Caroline Diana Elizabeth

If its a boy:

Louis Charles Francis Arthur or
George Francis Arthur Phillip

King Louis. great name full of history, tradition.

makes me think of a singing ape.

My final bets:

Girl:

HRH Princess Elizabeth Victoria Diana Carole of Cambridge.

Boy:

HRH Prince George Arthur Philip Michael of Cambridge.

Godparents:

- HRH Prince Harry of Wales.
- Mss. Philippa Middleton.
- HRH the Countess of Wessex.
- HRH the Crown Prince of Greece.
- Mr. Hugh van Cutsem.

I hope it's a girl.

Why would James be a bad idea. It is a nice name.

It's also the name of Viscount Severn.

I'm going to throw my last bet on names into the pile:

Girl: Alexandra Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

Boy: George Albert Charles Philip

Its not stupid if someone's guess but I do think its highly unlikely as there is currently a James in the immediate family. If William is like Charles, he doesn't think you should name a child after a current member of the family

So here are my guess now that we are down for the count.

For a girl: Victoria, Elizabeth or Alexandra with a tribute to Diana and Carole as a middle name (maybe Frances)

For a boy: George or Phillip with a tribute to Charles and Michael as a middle name

Godparents:
Harry
Pippa
a van Custem
Tiggy

My one and only wish..Anything but Diana..no need of Elizabeth/Philip/Charles also.
Let it be a new-age baby..free of all silly nightmares of the past..

My one and only wish..Anything but Diana..no need of Elizabeth/Philip/Charles also.
Let it be a new-age baby..free of all silly nightmares of the past..

Well, Diana is his mother and people have been none to name their children in honor of a loved one....so that brings Elizabeth, Phillip and Charles into the mix as well. Though I agree that naming the child particularly a daughter after Diana, brings comparisons that no child should have to live with...that's why I think it will be Frances instead of Diana.

As evidenced by the fact that we have such an interest in this baby this isn't just an ordinary child...this child will one day (if nothing happens) sit on the throne of the Commonwealth. Giving the child the name Elizabeth and/or Charles continues the legacy with a Elizabeth III or Charles IV. Not that the child has to have a first name as her/his regnal name (i.e. Albert becoming George VI).

I like traditional names however I am hoping Kate and William (with approval of the queen) do their own thing. Perhaps a little more modernized names.

LaRae

Girl: Caroline Elizabeth Frances

Boy: Albert William Richard Charles

I like modern names, but for a royal baby, especially one that will be king or queen one day, traditional IMO is the only way to go. King Brooklyn or Queen Harper just wont work.

Prince David Philip Francis Charles

Princess Alexandra Elizabeth Frances Caroline

Last edited:
well then, matilda or sophia. suitable for a royal baby and retro trendy at the same time.

If it's a girl I'm hoping for Alexandra, Charlotte or Alice. I don't think they'd use Carole for a middle name but maybe Caroline. I'm not really a fan of the likely boy names.

How long do we think we'll have to wait before we find out the name?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom