Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 02:50 AM
Gentry

Girl:
Victoria Elizabeth Diana Carole

Boy:
George James Charles Michael

Godparents:Prince Harry , Philippa Middleton , Peter Philips , Princess Beatrice

Old 12-04-2012, 03:50 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePatrick View Post
Edit: I don't think there have ever been twins in the direct line of succession in the BRF, have there?? With the association of hyperemesis gravidarum with twins, I'm hoping for such a situation!
Although twins were quite uncommon for the English, Scottish or British Royal Families (main lines, not extended), there were still a couple of them:

- Alexander Stewart, Duke of Rothesay and James II of Scotland
Alexander and James were the twin sons of James I of Scotland. Alexander was the elder twin but he died before his first birthday making James the heir (and eventually, the King).

- Harold and Ulf of England
Harold and Ulf were the (presumably) twin sons of Harold Godwinson and Edith of Mercia. After William the Conqueror seized the Throne, they lived their lives in exile and survived into adulthood.

- William IV and Queen Adelaide had twin boys born in 1824; the children were stillborn.

- Queen Anne likewise had stillborn twins (two sets, I think).

Old 12-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
My guess for names NOT to be included are David (abdication crisis) and John (unlucky within the family from what I recall).
David is one of Harry's names, so I doubt they'd have anything against that name. Though I don't think it'll be the first name of a firstborn boy. I don't think they'll find room for it as a secondary name either, the firstborn boys/girls almost always have their entire name filled with family names.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Should on the off chance they have twins, what do you think the chances are of the twins being called Victoria and Albert? I rather doubt they'd do it, but it does kind of have a ring to it.

Just letting my fingers do the walking a bit this morning and checking out Prince Albert's full name, I discovered that actually his first christian name is Francis. His full name was Francis Albert Augustus Charles Emmanuel.

If the twins were named after Victoria and Albert then, it'd be

Francis Albert Augustus Charles Emmanuel
Alexandrina Victoria (with room for more middle names).
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Should on the off chance they have twins, what do you think the chances are of the twins being called Victoria and Albert? I rather doubt they'd do it, but it does kind of have a ring to it.
Those are two names that do have a definite ring, perfect for royal babies.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Royal Highness

I hope wonderful and healthy baby girl.

Girl baby name should be absolutely Diana.

and
Victoria, Frances, Elizabeth

baby boy
George, Arthur, Albert

godparents

Prince Harry
Princess Beatrice
Prince Pavlos of Greece
Pippa Middleton
James Middleton
Old 12-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Aristocracy

is it true, the Queen has the final say on baby names? i am thinking this was said when William was born.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Commoner

I'd love a King Henry IX or King Edward IX but I guess it's unlikely, same with George.
I'd go with Philip Arthur Francis Christian for a future King, and Elizabeth Caroline Frances.
Would be a wonderful tribute for the greatest servents of our country.

As for god parents, the Duke has 6 godparents so I'll go with the same number:
Prince Harry
Pippa
Hugh Van Custem
The Countess of Wessex
Peter Phillips
Crown Prince Pavlos
Old 12-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I've always liked the name Adelaide, and that would be a traditional, yet still unexpected choice. I think they're going to surprise us on the first name, but that it will still have some history behind it. .
'

Mary Adelaide Elizabeth Caroline

A nod to the last Princess of Cambridge

Elizabeth Frances Caroline Phillipa

for a boy

Michael Phillip Charles Peter

or

Phillip John Charles Michael
Old 12-04-2012, 07:32 AM
Serene Highness

I cannot believe these people who want to saddle a little princess with the baggage of her grandmothers first name!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Commoner

I think there would be far more baggage with Arthur or Diana than with Elizabeth!!

The main problem with Elizabeth is that the press would be certain to shorten it -not such an issue when the Queen was little as the press was so much more deferential
Old 12-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
I cannot believe these people who want to saddle a little princess with the baggage of her grandmothers first name!!!
I don't see it as a saddle at all. On the contrary, both her great grandmother and Elizabeth I are the perfect namesakes for a future Queen regnant, and it's a deserved tribute to the Queen.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
Well the babies grandmother would be Diana, do you mean that name or the name of the childs great grandmother Elizabeth?

Elizabeth needs to be retired for a few years I think.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:02 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Well the babies grandmother would be Diana, do you mean that name or the name of the childs great grandmother Elizabeth?

Elizabeth needs to be retired for a few years I think.
I think wymanda meant Diana (some of the contributers here suggested it as a first name) - and I completely agree with her. Beautiful as the name is, there is no need to put an immense burden of expectations on any daughter William and Kate will have. Diana as a middle name sounds great but as the first one - I sincerely hope not.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Alexandra on a girl would be nice. Queen Alexandra sounds very regal. Or Margaret, I would love if they called a daughter Margaret. It would be a nice tribute to both Scotland and Princess Margaret.

Arthur is nice for a boy.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Margaret is my favourite (I mean, Queen Margaret II - how lovely does that sound?) but I doubt it will be a first name of the first daughter.
For the second one though, Margaret and Charlotte would be very likely choices.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Commoner

Oh I love Alexandra too, probably my second favourite after Elizabeth. It's actually much easier to think of a female name, since many of the usual boy names are taken by cousins and uncles.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Commoner

I agree. I don't think she will be Elizabeth or Diana, if it is a girl. Too much baggage. Alexandra, Mary or Margaret or perhaps Caroline, seem highly likely.

I for one, really hope they have a girl, and would love her to be called Matilda. This name has many royal connections in earlier years, including one of my favorite royals, Empress Matilda, who was denied the crown largely because she was a woman; how things have changed today. Plus, it means 'mighty in battle'; how awesome!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV7 View Post
It's actually much easier to think of a female name, since many of the usual boy names are taken by cousins and uncles.

True! Why on earth did the Queen allow Edward to take James?
His son has virtually no chance of inheriting the throne, so any name would do for him. He didn't need a monarchial name!

If they eliminate all the kingly names already in use by male members of the RF, they can't use William, Henry, Charles, James, Edward, Richard, Alexander.

That leaves only George, Stephen, John...unless they pick one already in use.

It is much easier to select a female name.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

I actually think Phillip would be nice for a boy, even though it's not been used as a monarchial name yet. I think a future King Philip I would be a lovely tribute to Prince Philip.

And the more I think about it, the more I love Amelia. Princess Amelia of Cambridge would be lovely.