The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

How about Victoria Elizabeth Frances Rose ? Or Victoria Elizabeth Frances Charlotte ?

George Philip Charles Michael or Michael Charles Philip George ?

Old 04-02-2013, 12:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
How about Victoria Elizabeth Frances Rose ? Or Victoria Elizabeth Frances Charlotte ?

George Philip Charles Michael or Michael Charles Philip George ?
did you read my mind? George Philip Charles Michael is exactly the one I suggested on Tumblr!
Anyways, I think it's nice to honor the child's family, but as a first name I would prefer something other than his great/grandparents names.

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:27 AM
Nobility

I like Cecilia too. Edward IV had a daughter named Cecily which is another form of the name so there is some precedent for it's use. Edward IV's mother had also been named Cecily.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Leo makes me think of the Blair's youngest child. There is a royal link there with Cherie Blair very generously telling us all that Leo was conceived at Balmoral during the traditional Prime Minister's summer visit to the Castle. Apparently, Cherie was so embarrassed at the thought of the Balmoral staff coming across her contraception (staff in the royal residences always unpack for visiting guests), that she decided not to take it with her. Nine months later, Leo Blair was born.

Quite why Cherie Blair thought the world needed to know that is not clear.
Too embarassed to take her contraception BUT not embarassed to let everyone know she had physical relations with her husband under HM roof!! Eeew and Egad!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think Philippa would have been a great guess, had it not been the name of Catherine's sister. Queen Philippa has a nice, regal ring to it and it would be a lovely tribute to the DoE.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:43 AM
Serene Highness

It really would not surprise me that, if the child is a boy, his name being Prince Richard. The Prince of Wales is an ardent historian and the current news around Richard III might promote the name.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Richard is just one of those names that's pretty out of fashion these days. Most of the royal boys' names are very much 'in' (Harry, William, George etc.), but Richard is one of the few which is not.

Cecilia is ok, although I suppose the child would probably be nicknamed CeCe. If she is Cecilia, she'd already have her own theme song:

Old 04-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post

did you read my mind? George Philip Charles Michael is exactly the one I suggested on Tumblr!
Anyways, I think it's nice to honor the child's family, but as a first name I would prefer something other than his great/grandparents names.
Two thumbs up!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Serene Highness

Cecilia Underwood, 1st Duchess of Inverness (c. 1785-1873), was the second wife of Prince Augustus Frederick, Duke of Sussex, sixth son of King George III and the favorite uncle of Queen Victoria.

Even though it has been the name of the Duke of Edinburgh's sister, "Cecilia" has no tradition within the British Royal Family.

In my opinion, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will name their daughter with the name of a previous Queen reignant (but I'm ruling out Mathilda, Mary and Jane) or the name of a very succesful Queen consort, like Alexandra and Charlotte.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

Gracie, Alice Cecilia would work out in pronunciation, as the "ce" of Alice and the "Ce" of Cecelia elided. Ali-Cecelia in pronunciation, although not in writing. Alice-Cecelia in writing.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
In my opinion, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will name their daughter with the name of a previous Queen reignant (but I'm ruling out Mathilda, Mary and Jane) or the name of a very succesful Queen consort, like Alexandra and Charlotte.
I can understand ruling out Jane and even Matilda, but why Mary? It's the name of two English reignants, and one Scottish, and is the name of the Queen's grandmother (plus one of the Queen's names).
Old 04-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I can understand ruling out Jane and even Matilda, but why Mary? It's the name of two English reignants, and one Scottish, and is the name of the Queen's grandmother (plus one of the Queen's names).
Just personal taste, I don't like the name Mary for a little girl. And will remind me of Bloody Mary.

In fact, if they chose to name her after a Queen regnant, Elizabeth, in my opinion, has great chances, followed by Victoria.

Queen Elizabeth III is good prospect for the future.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Serene Highness

According to this American magazine, the baby's name will be Elizabeth Diana Carole.

Kate Middleton Picks Baby Name — Prince William & Duchess Honor Queen - Hollywood Life

In my opinion, it's a good bet, but I prefer Elizabeth Victoria Diana Carole.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Cecilia Underwood, 1st Duchess of Inverness (c. 1785-1873), was the second wife of Prince Augustus Frederick, Duke of Sussex, sixth son of King George III and the favorite uncle of Queen Victoria.

Even though it has been the name of the Duke of Edinburgh's sister, "Cecilia" has no tradition within the British Royal Family.

I dont see Cecilia as a first name, but it can be found throughout the family. Could be used as a honor of both grandparents, Philip through his sister and the queen through her grandmother. William the conqueror's eldest daughter had the name, and Cecily is a form (mother and daughter of Edward IV).

I'd love to see, not as a first name, but a middle, one of the older more traditional names.

Constance perhaps. Kate's paternal great grandmother's name, and royal.

Constance of Normandy: daughter of william the conqueror
Constance of Castile: first wife of John of Gaunt
Constance of York: daughter of Edward III's son Edmund, ancestress of Queen Anne Neville

Could be honor of Kate being he 'constant' girlfriend for ten years.

I also like the name Amelia, also a name found both for Kate and royal tree.

Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Constance Diana
Old 04-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
According to this American magazine, the baby's name will be Elizabeth Diana Carole.

Kate Middleton Picks Baby Name — Prince William & Duchess Honor Queen - Hollywood Life

In my opinion, it's a good bet, but I prefer Elizabeth Victoria Diana Carole.

Rule #1 - Never believe ANYTHING you read in the press, especially a gossip column or tabloid magazine. You'd be wise to completely disregard whatever you read in that article, because there's about as much truth to it as the news that I'm really an alien from the planet Romulan V.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

They're just gonna go on and on like this until the baby's born, aren't they?
I've seen that rumour before and it's not like they've been extremely creative here. Chances that those three names are gonna be in a daughters name are pretty high. Personally, I still think they're gonna use four names no matter if it's a girl or a boy; and that they're gonna use Frances instead of Diana.

I almost hope that the baby is a boy now - just because every magazine now automatically assumes that it's a girl (presumably because of "I'll take that for my d-"-gate).

Old 04-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Rule #1 - Never believe ANYTHING you read in the press, especially a gossip column or tabloid magazine. You'd be wise to completely disregard whatever you read in that article, because there's about as much truth to it as the news that I'm really an alien from the planet Romulan V.
I don't believe in the article.

But Elizabeth, Diana and Carole are really good bets for this baby's name, and I wouldn't be surprised if the magazine is right.

Personaly, I believe we'll see a Princess Elizabeth Victoria Diana Carole of Cambridge.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Nobility

Son
Robert is a strong favorite of Kate's not regal enough for William
Alexander
Fredrick
Charles
James

Daughter
Alexandra
Charlotte
Sophia
Diana
Elizabeth

The child will have several middle names, Kate's and Wills parents names most likely in the mix.
We will just have to wait
Old 04-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Richard is just one of those names that's pretty out of fashion these days. Most of the royal boys' names are very much 'in' (Harry, William, George etc.), but Richard is one of the few which is not.
So now its the time for the name to be in Fashion again...only if William and Catherine choose it though
Old 04-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
There are three names which HAVE to go into the princess's name, that is, Elizabeth, Diana (or Frances or Rose) and Carole (or Caroline) ....
.... They could honor Diana by calling the child Rose, after "English Rose", the song made famous at Diana's funeral.
Speaking for myself, I would not perceive any connection to Diana in the name Rose, but this isn't the first time I've seen people here associating the name "Rose" with Diana. Is it just because of that awful recycled song? I thought that was in very poor taste. Disrespectful to Diana because it was not original, and disrespectful to the person for whom the song was first written. The original version of the song was already very well-known.

I also don't agree that any of those names "HAVE" to be part of the child's name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
This future sovereign will not be "HM ___ ___ the First".
Not until there's "HM ___ the Second", no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Pre-conquest names: Athelstan, Edmund, Easred, Eadwig, Edward, Athelred, Sweyn, Cnut, Harald, Harthacnut, Edgar. Of these, I would think only Edmund or Harald would be possible.
They definitely won't choose Cnut.