The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

One of the tabloids is claiming that Kate is at odds with the Queen over choice of godparents.
Kate wants her siblings, and the Queen doesn't think they are appropriate. She is insisting on Andrew and/or Beatrice.

(Wonder how the tabloid came up with that? It sounds unlikely).

Old 03-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Tabloids seem to be constantly saying that there's fighting amongst the royals - often either Catherine vs. the Queen, Catherine vs. Camilla, or Camilla vs. the Queen.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Serene Highness

A baby name for St. Patrick's day, today. Honoring those parts which make up the British Isles.

Charles Patrick Owen Michael.

James Patrick Owen Michael.

And various other combinations, with perhaps Robert for Scotland, David for Wales ...lots of other possibilities.

Happy Patrick's Day to TRF.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish
Tabloids seem to be constantly saying that there's fighting amongst the royals - often either Catherine vs. the Queen, Catherine vs. Camilla, or Camilla vs. the Queen.
I saw on the front page of the Enquirer that the Queen has months to live and she won't see the baby (all of this printed in big capital letters).
Old 03-18-2013, 12:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post

I saw on the front page of the Enquirer that the Queen has months to live and she won't see the baby (all of this printed in big capital letters).
I've seen that report like 6 times over the past few years. The tabloids love to predict HM's death.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:32 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, the tabloids sometimes write quite bizarre statements,hopefully the Queen will live a long live & have the pleasure of seeing her new grandchild too!
. Helen Keller
Old 03-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Serene Highness

I have been reading a lot about the House of Hanover, Queen Victoria, and her children, I found some girls names that I really like.
Amelia
Adaleide
Emelie
Amelia Elizabeth Charlotte Mary
Adaleide Victoria Elizabeth Frances
Emelie Elizabeth Alexandra Anne

I had heard of Amelia before but wasn't sure of the origin. I really like Amelia or Adaleide, if they are looking for historical names but not the same name as the last 3 generations of women.
I know that I am hoping for a lot but I really liked that names, to me they are regal but different.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
One of the tabloids is claiming that Kate is at odds with the Queen over choice of godparents.
Kate wants her siblings, and the Queen doesn't think they are appropriate. She is insisting on Andrew and/or Beatrice.

(Wonder how the tabloid came up with that? It sounds unlikely).
There's surely no reason for any conflict on that score, since they can have as many godparents as they wish.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post

There's surely no reason for any conflict on that score, since they can have as many godparents as they wish.
It is if they're saying the Middletons aren't appropriate in general as godparents.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:17 PM
Royal Highness

Most likely choices for Godparents:

1) Uncle Gary - they can use the water from the pool at Maison de Bang Bang to christen The Child
2) Victoria Beckham (she'll wear her big dark glasses, carry Harper on her hip and pose with her usual waif look)
3) Pierre Casiraghi - so royal, er, serene, and yet so Italian... almost like a character in a Bond flick. Any modern day royal would be happy to have him up at the font.
4) Princess Beatrice - just to see what she'll wear on the big day
Old 03-19-2013, 12:09 AM
Gentry

I think it's a boy!

Hello, all! I've been lurking here for quite some time but I wanted to get in on the guessing fun! I think it will be a boy , though I'm with the "as long as it's healthy" camp.

My guess for Prince Cambridge? Philip Alexander Henry Charles.
Philip (honors DoE and Pippa), Alexander (honors HM and has appeared in BRF before), Henry (honors Harry), and Charles (honors PoW and peripherally, Carole Middleton, as her name is a feminine variant).

If a princess is born, I'm going with Charlotte Augusta Elizabeth Diana.
Charlotte (for PoW and Carole Middleton, but a little 'softer' than that) and Augusta (uncommon but has precedence in the BRF). Last two, no explanations needed.

I don't think it's out of the question that a princess might bear the name of her deceased, widely-beloved grandmother. Putting Diana (or Charles, for that matter) in the 'anchor' spot is a nice way to honor the relationship Wiliam has with his parents.

The Duke and Duchess seem to be very traditional, but I expect some element of surprise as with their wedding, which turned out beautifully. Also, a lot of people are suggesting names for the second or third child, but lots of things can go wrong during delivery which might make 'the spare' an impossibility, so I wouldn't 'save' a name for a future child. I think they should go with what they like, especially since they don't seem to be into the trendy, creatively spelled names. As I understand that HM has to sort of approve the name, I think they'll go for something 'safe,' but HM seems to realize the need for some allowances.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

1) Uncle Gary - they can use the water from the pool at Maison de Bang Bang to christen The Child
2) Victoria Beckham (she'll wear her big dark glasses, carry Harper on her hip and pose with her usual waif look)
3) Pierre Casiraghi - so royal, er, serene, and yet so Italian... almost like a character in a Bond flick. Any modern day royal would be happy to have him up at the font.

Haha,why not also Elton John and Simon Cowell
I hope they either chose siblings (Harry!He´s good with kids and appropriate),very close friends and maybe Beatrice/Eugenie,they seem close to the Cambridge couple and William grew up together with them.
Not big names or important royals because it is a personal event and their child´s christening will be filmed for TV and the baby will be greeted by many royals from all countries anyways!
. Helen Keller
Old 03-19-2013, 06:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

All I hope for when it comes to godparents is that Prince Harry and either Peter or Zara Phillips will be among them.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

most definitely Beatrice, and just for that reason! Perhaps she can have a fascinator with baby rattles on it!
"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Old 03-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
It is if they're saying the Middletons aren't appropriate in general as godparents.
I'm sure it's nonsense anyway, but HM would not be so rude.

As I said, if there was a restriction on the number of godparents (if only two were allowed, for instance), then there might be cause to favour someone over another. But this is not so. The RF have multiple godparents, so the odd duff one isn't going to matter.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that one of the names, if a boy, will be Peter to honour her grandfather who died just beofre the engagement was announced.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Aristocracy

I think if it's a girl, her first name should be Diana. That way, there will indeed be a Queen Diana after all... and this time it wouldn't be a Consort, but Regnant.
Do you think Her Majesty would give that her stamp of approval?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
Why in the name of all that is holy would you want to saddle the child with that as a first name?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Aristocracy

I was just joking..
Old 03-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJen View Post
I was just joking..
Sir Elton is sitting at his piano as we speak, composing a ballad suitable for the child's christening. I hear everyone at People Magazine will get a 10% raise if the child is named Diana.