The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 05:43 AM
Royal Highness

There are name calendars with names for each day of the year-here´s an international one,you chose a day and get the names:
Name Days: 17. Day in Month July | BabynamesArchive.com - Over 300000 popular names from around the

Name day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia-> name day for each country,unfortunately UK is not listed-do they celebrate name days at all or is it just that they are not included in the list?

1st July would be cool for several reasons-it´s Diana´s birthday and Canada day as well!If the baby comes on Dianas day it will be very nice,than they could celebrate the baby B-day and comemorate Diana at the same time.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

No, we don't have name days here in the UK. Until I started lurking on TRF and seeing the Swedish name days, I'd never actually heard of such a thing in all honesty. Maybe some people here celebrate it privately, but it's not a nationally recognised concept by any means.

I hope Alice isn't chosen as a first name for a princess. It's sad how the name has been almost hijacked by the 'Twilight' phenomenon. As has Bella/Isabella and Edward to a certain degree.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
No, we don't have name days here in the UK. Until I started lurking on TRF and seeing the Swedish name days, I'd never actually heard of such a thing in all honesty. Maybe some people here celebrate it privately, but it's not a nationally recognised concept by any means.

I hope Alice isn't chosen as a first name for a princess. It's sad how the name has been almost hijacked by the 'Twilight' phenomenon. As has Bella/Isabella and Edward to a certain degree.
I don't associate Alice with Twilight, probably because she's a secondary character and not the focus of the story. It's not my top choice, but I do like the name and I can see it working well.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I don't associate Alice with Twilight, probably because she's a secondary character and not the focus of the story. It's not my top choice, but I do like the name and I can see it working well.
That´s true,only teenage girls associate the name with that films,if there is any connotation for me it would be rather "Alice in Wonderland" which is a fine book if you ask me.I guess you could find an association to popular books/films/songs for every name,so that should be of no importance.
Alice is by far my favourite first name for the Cambridge baby,but I am looking forward to what they will chose,I hope it is not a name that is so overused in royal circles like Elizabeth (just as beautiful as they are,I would not like to have two Queen Mary´s or Two Victorias and after 2 Q Elizabeth that name should get a little rest and be used as a middle name instead!)

Now that we have talked all the name possibilities over and over again...just for the fun of it we could do the opposite and try to find the least possible names!

I will start:
For a boy:
HRH Prince Wotan, Hutch, Garcia, Eowin (Ireland!), Alejandro, Flynn, Huckleberry, Aspen, Blue, Colton (USA),Aiden (very beautiful Gaelic name-to strengthen the ties to that part of the Empire.That might pacify the IRA and make all Irish people proud!)

For a girl:
HRH Princess Titania (Shakespeare!), Britney, Tiffany (or better Cartier?), Lourdes, Cassidy, Ruby, Luna, Rihanna & Shakira for twins! (Bejonce if Catherine happens to have three sweet daughters which is quite unlikely),Daisy......
. Helen Keller
Old 03-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Aristocracy

For godparents I think it will definitely be Prince Harry and Pippa.

For names
Boys: I can see them using Philip, Peter, Michael, Henry,Francis..some arrangement of those names

Girls: I hope they don't choose Elizabeth or Mary for the first name. There has already been 2 queen elizabeths. For first name girls I like Amelia or Alexandra, with Victoria low on my list.

Regarding Diana in the name if its a girl I really don't know if they would use Diana or Frances.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Royal Highness

I always loved the name Isolde, I believe is Irish (or Scottish?). It's a very beautiful, feminine and delicate name.

Other diferent names I like for girls are: Emilia, Sophia, Valeria, Georginna, Alexandrina, Eve, Alice, Elle/Ella, Laura, Sara, Abigail, Rachel, Martha, Rebecca, Vivienne, Genevieve, Viollete/Violet, Vera, Ada, Susanna, Veronica, Iris, Clara, Kathlyn, Lucinda, Aurelia, Isadora, Phaedra, Marianne, Helen, Rosemary, Rose, Sandra, Helen, Elise, Esther, Miriam, Vivian, Veda, Therese(a), Margrethe, Madeleine, Magdalene, Magali, Sienna...

For boys: Joseph, Robert, Thomas, Samuel, David...
Old 03-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Royal Highness

Isolde,Vivienne and Helen are enchanting names for girls but quite unlikely for the Cambridges :-(

Patrick would be another nice name but too Irish and un-royal as well.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
That´s true,only teenage girls associate the name with that films,if there is any connotation for me it would be rather "Alice in Wonderland" which is a fine book if you ask me.I guess you could find an association to popular books/films/songs for every name,so that should be of no importance.
Alice is by far my favourite first name for the Cambridge baby,but I am looking forward to what they will chose,I hope it is not a name that is so overused in royal circles like Elizabeth (just as beautiful as they are,I would not like to have two Queen Mary´s or Two Victorias and after 2 Q Elizabeth that name should get a little rest and be used as a middle name instead!)

Now that we have talked all the name possibilities over and over again...just for the fun of it we could do the opposite and try to find the least possible names!

I will start:
For a boy:
HRH Prince Wotan, Hutch, Garcia, Eowin (Ireland!), Alejandro, Flynn, Huckleberry, Aspen, Blue, Colton (USA),Aiden (very beautiful Gaelic name-to strengthen the ties to that part of the Empire.That might pacify the IRA and make all Irish people proud!)

For a girl:
HRH Princess Titania (Shakespeare!), Britney, Tiffany (or better Cartier?), Lourdes, Cassidy, Ruby, Luna, Rihanna & Shakira for twins! (Bejonce if Catherine happens to have three sweet daughters which is quite unlikely),Daisy......
Least likely names! I love it!

I'll have to give this some thought, but I have to include

Boys: Brayden, Hayden, Jayden and Cayden, and of course the popular Hispanic name of Jesus.

Girls: Jacqui or Cyndi
Old 03-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Royal Highness

Wow, HRH Jesus Charles Philipp Henry would be epic
Just think of the uproar in the Christian community...love it!

Just as well as Cindy-Princesses just wanna have fun

Another highly unlikely choice for girls:Hillary and Donatella!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:15 AM

I really hope that they don't name a baby girl Diana. Maybe if they want to honor Princess Diana they may name her Ana? What about a Princess Ana? Ana Elizabeth Mary maybe?
Old 03-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ana is a Spanish name, so I doubt very seriously they'd go with that.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-08-2013, 11:25 AM

Anna? LOL
Old 03-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Royal Highness

Anna Elizabeth Mary is a very pretty name.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Serene Highness

Anna is an interesting Biblical name. The aged Prophetess Anna met Jesus, Mary, and Joseph in the Temple when the parents came to dedicate their baby. Anna had served in the Temple for most of her life after becoming a young widow. There is no statement of what she did in the Temple. Swept up the floor? Prayed? Both? In any case, there she was, with all the guys who were doing the "important" jobs.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for your input,Mariel! Anna is definitely a very nice and special name,though in English I prefer the version "Anne" as it sounds better in my ear.In German Annemarie is very pretty for a girl.
My parents also searched through names with biblical meanings/significance and I almost became Anna but then they decided differently :-)
Old 03-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria Diana Charlotte Phillipa
Old 03-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel
Thanks for your input,Mariel! Anna is definitely a very nice and special name,though in English I prefer the version "Anne" as it sounds better in my ear.In German Annemarie is very pretty for a girl.
My parents also searched through names with biblical meanings/significance and I almost became Anna but then they decided differently :-)
I always thought of Anne as French. We have a little 6-pound tuxedo cat that comes by our house named Anna; my nickname for her is "Princess Anna" since her personality is a lot like her royal namesake (she once stood up to a male black cat twice her size who's quite aggressive; I immediately thought of the Princess's 1974 kidnapping attempt, and the time when she told the press to "naff off.") My mom's like "You don't mess with Anna!"
Old 03-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Anna is a lovely name but I am not sure it would be chosen for the future Monarch as it's not "steeped in Royal history". I would imagine William and Catherine will be spending many evenings debating the names they want as they know how much will be held to the name, as well as making sure the Queen approves the name choice. That is why I see Elizabeth being chosen and/or Philip. Though the Queen approved "Theo" for Viscount Severn's middle names so anything goes! No, really, we know that was only accepted as he is so far down the succession line, but I still think the Queen will be a bit more "lax" with this child's name as she knows we're in the 21st Century. Not everyone can be called George, Edward, Elizabeth or Alexandrina!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
While I think Diana will not be choosen as first name, I do believe it will be there somewhere, or Francis instead of Diana.

Even though I'm in the Mary/Victoria club, I surprisinly like Georgianna a lot (though I hate George). I'm a fan of traditional yet beautiful names but sometimes I'm positivily surprised with the choice of diferent and uncommon names as the child will have a unique and only name to himself/herself, like with Estelle!
I like Georgiana too, I think it sounds very regal. If they were to choose Georgiana, then perhaps this would be a nice combination: Georgiana Elizabeth Caroline Mary?

Quote:
For boy, I love Arthur and Richard, they are not used in a very long time and are unique yet traditional. Yes I know Arthur is a legend hero not real, but I remenber Charles wanted to give his first son Arthur but Diana won with William.

Anyone here can be kind to post the special dates in July? Like birthdays and other memorable celebrations? I want to have an idea for possible matching dates.
Arthur and Richard are nice names for boys, IMO. I also never knew that about Charles wanting to name William Arthur. Regarding the special dates in July, I can only think of these two birthdays: Diana's birthday (1st July) and Prince Michael of Kent's birthday (4th July).
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 03-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Royal Highness

Don't forget Camilla! (July 17)!

Now that would be something!

Has anyone raised the possibility, that if it's a boy, it can still be named after Diana by calling him "Francis?"

Francis Charles Phillip Michael