The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
That's correct, I do believe that she's King Abdulah of Jordan's sister-in-law (she's married to Prince Faisal, who is Abdulah's brother). 'Princess Sara' also reminds me of the main charachter from the classic children's film/book A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett, which I used to love when I was younger.
Yes, Prince Faisal current wife is called Sara, and one of his daughters is called Sara as well. And in Brunei, the wife of Crown Prince Billah is called Princess Sarah, one day she'll be Queen Sarah! I love that name, but not suited for the Cambridges first baby, maybe as a second child but definately not a first.

I'm wondering on something, can William and Catherine surprise us all with an unique name? I know the British are more traditional and especially with a future monarch's name, but we all said Victoria and Daniel will give a traditional name to their first child and we were all so sure, but in the end they surprised everyone with Estelle

Old 03-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Courtier

No doubt there will be whinge on here when we find out the name like with Estelle last year.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
No doubt there will be whinge on here when we find out the name like with Estelle last year.
I do think they will do something similar and use a name that's in a way traditional but yet different and not one already in use by the family. That's why I rule out Charlotte. Charles Spencer named his recent daughter Charlotte Diana.

George seems to be a good guess so I'm gonna stick with George for a boy and Georgianna for a girl with Alice secondary choice. Princess Gia sounds good for a female growing up and Queen Georgianna sounds regal.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Courtier

I thought Estelle was a more traditional (old fashioned) name?

LaRae
Old 03-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Since people seem to want modern names how about Latifa or Beyonce for a girl and "the prince formerly known as prince" for a boy?
Old 03-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Royal Highness

I want Dale Lee May Elle for a girl.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I want Dale Lee May Elle for a girl.
How about Ellie Mae Jethrine LaBelle Mountbatten-Windsor?
Old 03-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
How about Ellie Mae Jethrine LaBelle Mountbatten-Windsor?
Say Dale Lee May Elle out loud. Think about it.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Say Dale Lee May Elle out loud. Think about it.
Yer good Gracie, VERY good.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I thought Estelle was a more traditional (old fashioned) name?

LaRae
It's a beautiful and old-fashioned name, but has no tradition within the Swedish Royal Family.

Estelle was the name of the wife of Bernadotte cousin without succession rights.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I suppose Rupert, with Rupert Murdoch as godfather is out of the question.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I suppose Rupert, with Rupert Murdoch as godfather is out of the question.
Ellie Mae Jethrine LaBelle is starting to grow on me, but nowadays Southern girls all have surnames as names - whoever suggested calling the baby "Spencer" was spot on.

If Will married a Southern sorority girl, their baby girl would be named Spencer Elizabeth Madison Avery.

A boy would be Phillip Spencer Brayden Charles, and he's surely go by his second name Spencer, because that's how it's done.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

She lives ina world, Jim, but not as we know it - Giraffe world

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-06-2013, 02:15 AM
Courtier

I think it will be a Girl. I also think it will be named Victoria or Elizabeth for first Named with the other names being used as a middle name. I think enough time will have passed by then for another Queen Victoria (II). It was 350 Years before there was a Second Elisabeth, But either way both Names will have a lot to live up too! There have been Two Mary's and 1 Anne But I can't see them gong with one of those as a first Name. There are gong to go with more traditional royal Baby names especially if this is a Girl because She will be queen and will be the first Girl not to be pushed back by a younger Brother and so that leave Elizabeth and Victoria. Also Those are more Famous then Mary and Anne. So what a better name for the Girl (Queen) who will be the first to have precedence over younger Brother then Elizabeth or Victoria?

If it were a Boy I could see George, Philip, Edward or William.

Girl: Victoria Elizabeth Diana Catherine Mary

Boy: George Charles Philip William Edward
Old 03-06-2013, 05:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

I just read about Catherine's little "slip-up" regarding the gender. Perhaps she meant the teddy was for her dog!

I think they are having a girl too. I have always thought they were but I guess we wont actually know until the baby is born. I see Alice being one of the name's and perhaps Carole/Elizabeth. Perhaps she will be named for her godparents so maybe Sophie too? I think The Countess of Wessex will be one of her Godparents hence the choice of Sophie.

Princess Alice Sophie Elizabeth Carole?
Old 03-06-2013, 06:27 AM
Serene Highness

I've made several suggestions but after giving it some serious thought I think we will all love

Princess Victoria Alexandra Mary Elizabeth Frances Caroline Alice
Old 03-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

I think that the name "Diana" will be somewhere in a daughter's name, just not first.

Could you imagine the media pressure and constant comparison for any granddaughter of Princess Diana who was named and called "Diana".

Catherine gets more than enough comparison to Diana and she just married the son.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee27
I think that the name "Diana" will be somewhere in a daughter's name, just not first.

Could you imagine the media pressure and constant comparison for any granddaughter of Princess Diana who was named and called "Diana".

Catherine gets more than enough comparison to Diana and she just married the son.
My mom hopes two things: 1. if it's a girl they don't use Diana as a first name and 2. it's not born on either July 1st (Diana's birthday) or 29th (Charles and Diana's wedding anniversary). I got mad (well, not mad, but disappointed), because the 29th of July is also my birthday, and I honestly wouldn't mind sharing a birthday with the future British monarch. Several British royals come close, though; the closest at the moment is Princess Beatrice at August 8th, and Princess Anne second at August 15th.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
I've made several suggestions but after giving it some serious thought I think we will all love

Princess Victoria Alexandra Mary Elizabeth Frances Caroline Alice
Excellent, a bit too short, but otherwise just brilliant

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope they don't use Diana's name at all, if the child is a girl. There's too many comparisons already between Catherine and her late mother-in-law, the absolute last thing they should do is foist those comparisons on to their newborn child, a child who will be monarch one day. There are far better ways I feel, to honor Diana's legacy and dreams/hopes/aspirations, than to do that. In fact, I'd love it if they chose names that don't reference anyone recent in either of their families. No Elizabeths, no Catherines, no Caroles, nothing like that.

Victoria, Alice, Charlotte, Caroline, Mary, and Alexandra are all names I'd like to see them use. Obviously not every single one of them, since the names usually top out at 3-4, but some combination.

Charlotte Alice Victoria Mary sounds very good to me.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Closed Thread