The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #781  
Old 03-02-2013, 10:42 AM
Princess B's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NA, Spain
Posts: 176
I have a very strong feeling it's a girl!

I would love the baby to be named after Diana, though I'd love it as a first name, I just hope it's somewhere in her given names.

I'd love a Princess Charlotte as well.

Some names I think they may use:

Charlotte Mary Elizabeth
Alexandra Catherine Frances
Alice Margaret Caroline
Victoria Helena Rose
Diana Louise Catherine
Sophia Eugenie Victoria
Jane Elizabeth Mary
Alexandra Sarah Victoria


Philip Charles George Arthur
Albert David William George
Henry Charles Richard Michael
David Albert Charles William
William James Arthur Edward
Andrew Michael George Philip
Michael Henry Arthur Edward
Nicholas Alexander Frederick James
Alexander Henry George Patrick
__________________

__________________
  #782  
Old 03-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,034
There seems to be no hurry about changing the succession laws, so probably it is a boy.
I am thinking James, in spite of their being a present little boy James in the family. One reason being that there are "natural" nice-sounding nick-names for a James, which would distinguish the two young men. King James was an important king in these respects: he co-authored the KJV bible in use in all Church of England venues, and he tried to bring peace among the religious factions, which is an important movement today, and a stated goal of Prince Charles. If not Prince Jamie, Prince Charlie. I am not putting these forth as "favorites," just as likelies.
__________________

__________________
  #783  
Old 03-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
There seems to be no hurry about changing the succession laws, so probably it is a boy.
The speed of the current succession law changes has nothing to do with the sex of this baby.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #784  
Old 03-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Kellin's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Volgograd, Russia
Posts: 76
I think for some reason that it will be a boy. I prefer James , not Charles for a First name, but I am almost sure that Charles and maybe William will be chosen as middle names.
James William Charles George
or
James Arthur Charles Loius.

I love names louise and Victoria, the second will be great for a future queen. HM Victoria II!
If not Princess Victoria, then Louise.
__________________
  #785  
Old 03-02-2013, 02:07 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
I always had a question about naming a future King of the United Kingdom Arthur.

And maybe this is an extraordinary silly question. But I have to ask:

He'll be just King Arthur or Arthur II?
I'm pretty sure he'll be Arthur I (or he could choose a regnal name, but I love the name Arthur so if Baby Cambridge is a boy and is called Arthur, I hope he'll stick with that name when he becomes King), as I think that King Arthur was a character in English literature.
__________________
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
  #786  
Old 03-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MO, United States
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm pretty sure he'll be Arthur I (or he could choose a regnal name, but I love the name Arthur so if Baby Cambridge is a boy and is called Arthur, I hope he'll stick with that name when he becomes King), as I think that King Arthur was a character in English literature.
He would just be "Arthur" without the ordinal. British monarchs (unlike Spain and a few other monarchies) are not given an ordinal if they're the first one of their name, and they are only given a "I" retroactively -- i.e. if there's an "Arthur II" in the future.

And they only number monarchs starting with William I the Conquerer. So Arthur, even if he did exist, wouldn't be included with that. :)
__________________
  #787  
Old 03-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MO, United States
Posts: 99
Just thought of this, but one non-traditional (in the BRF) name that I would love to see for a girl is "Julia."

It would be so fitting if the baby is born in July. Plus, it would honor one of the baby's ancestresses, Princess Julia of Battenberg, and I think "Princess Julia of Cambridge" and "Queen Julia" sound so nice and so royal.
__________________
  #788  
Old 03-02-2013, 02:43 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by monarchist-us View Post
He would just be "Arthur" without the ordinal. British monarchs (unlike Spain and a few other monarchies) are not given an ordinal if they're the first one of their name, and they are only given a "I" retroactively -- i.e. if there's an "Arthur II" in the future.

And they only number monarchs starting with William I the Conquerer. So Arthur, even if he did exist, wouldn't be included with that. :)
Thanks for correcting me- that explains why Queen Victoria wasn't known as 'Victoria I.' Titles and styles is one of the topics of royalty that I don't fully understand.
__________________
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
  #789  
Old 03-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by monarchist-us View Post
Just thought of this, but one non-traditional (in the BRF) name that I would love to see for a girl is "Julia."

It would be so fitting if the baby is born in July. Plus, it would honor one of the baby's ancestresses, Princess Julia of Battenberg, and I think "Princess Julia of Cambridge" and "Queen Julia" sound so nice and so royal.
Julia is a nice name. But I believe they'll choose a strong and traditional British Royal name, like Elizabeth or Victoria.

Also, after Estelle of Sweden and Athena of Denmark, we deserve some traditional Royal names.
__________________
  #790  
Old 03-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post

Julia is a nice name. But I believe they'll choose a strong and traditional British Royal name, like Elizabeth or Victoria.

Also, after Estelle of Sweden and Athena of Denmark, we deserve some traditional Royal names.
Athena is a perfectly traditional an acceptable name for someone who is 8 or 9th in line for the throne.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #791  
Old 03-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Athena is a perfectly traditional an acceptable name for someone who is 8 or 9th in line for the throne.
Yes, it's acceptable for someone who is down in the line of succession, like Zara and Savannah.

But "traditional"? She's a Princess of Denmark, not from Greece.
__________________
  #792  
Old 03-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Yes, it's acceptable for someone who is down in the line of succession, like Zara and Savannah.

But "traditional"? She's a Princess of Denmark, not from Greece.
Yes, but her grandmother's sister, Anne-Marie, was the former queen of Greece, and thus she has Greek relations in her family. She may not personally have Greek blood, but it's a nice nod to other branches of the same family tree.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
  #793  
Old 03-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Yes, but her grandmother's sister, Anne-Marie, was the former queen of Greece, and thus she has Greek relations in her family. She may not personally have Greek blood, but it's a nice nod to other branches of the same family tree.
I know, but I believe a Danish Princess should have received a Danish-sound name.

"Athena Marguerite Françoise Marie." Not a single Danish name.
__________________
  #794  
Old 03-02-2013, 04:08 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
I know, but I believe a Danish Princess should have received a Danish-sound name.

"Athena Marguerite Françoise Marie." Not a single Danish name.

Don't worry. THIS baby WILL have a thoroughly British name.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #795  
Old 03-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
I know, but I believe a Danish Princess should have received a Danish-sound name.

"Athena Marguerite Françoise Marie." Not a single Danish name.
Her mother IS French, you know. Perhaps since their son has more Danish-sounding names to honor the father's heritage, they wanted to go with the mother's heritage for their daughter. It's not like she's going to be Queen, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Back to the topic of William and Catherine's child's name, it was announced on ITV's website that Lady Mary Crawley's son's name is George (for those amongst us who are Downton Abbey fans), so I'll throw my $0.02 in the pot that if they have a son, that's what his first name will be as well.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
  #796  
Old 03-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Don't worry. THIS baby WILL have a thoroughly British name.
I'm sure He/She certainly will.
__________________
  #797  
Old 03-02-2013, 04:29 PM
LadyCatharine's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northeast Ohio, United States
Posts: 368
Princess Alice Elizabeth Cambridge
For now until she pops more Im going with a girl
__________________
  #798  
Old 03-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Princess Alice Elizabeth Cambridge
For now until she pops more Im going with a girl
I'm also going with a girl.

But I believe in Princess Elizabeth Victoria Diana Carole of Cambridge.
__________________
  #799  
Old 03-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Grandduchess24's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cambridge, United States
Posts: 1,318
Well lets see

Girl
Catherine Elizabeth alexandra Frances
Diana carol Elizabeth Mary
Phillippa Catherine diana Elizabeth

Boy
Arthur Phillip Henry Louis
Phillip Charles Louis
George William Charles
James Michael phillip
__________________
" An ugly baby is a very nasty object, and the prettiest is frightful when undressed."
- Queen Victoria
  #800  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:02 PM
DukeOfAster's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pembroke, United States
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 View Post
Well lets see

Girl
Catherine Elizabeth alexandra Frances
Diana carol Elizabeth Mary
Phillippa Catherine diana Elizabeth

Boy
Arthur Phillip Henry Louis
Phillip Charles Louis
George William Charles
James Michael phillip
first two on each are dead on and perfect.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HRH Duke Carlos Javier (1970- ) and the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma: August 2010- Warren Royal Families of Italy 216 09-06-2014 05:05 PM
Potential Names and Godparents for Zara Phillips Tindall and Mike Tindall First Child Zonk The Princess Royal and Family 110 06-05-2014 04:47 AM
Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions Zonk The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 3615 07-22-2013 02:30 AM
Possible names and godparents for Joachim & Marie's baby principessa Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 390 07-26-2009 11:56 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]