The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #701  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:02 AM
hkittybaby's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post

But didn't Charles suggest Zara to Anne and Mark?
Yes he did
__________________

__________________
“Yes, well, I really hope I can make a difference, even in the smallest way. I am looking forward to helping as much as I can.”
Catherine Middleton
  #702  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,034
Well Charles knows his history, so he might have suggested a name which has a Greek meaning and also has a tradition in the history of King David's descent. Charles seems to be very good with historical matters of all kinds, including knowledge of his own descent from so many sources. The Irish mythological (?) descent is only one of his. It could be real, as many Jews emigrated to Ireland, leaving them with the highest J1c2b heritage in Europe, along with many other threads of descent such as the Vikings.
The Christian church was founded in southern Ireland long before St. Patrick arrived, and it, like the C of E, was not under the rule of Rome. Its "bishops" married, unlike the Roman pope.
__________________

__________________
  #703  
Old 02-11-2013, 03:10 PM
someonelikeyou's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Eastern Seaboard, United States
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe

King Tim sounds a bit ..........odd?

I think Philip is a good choice; Alexander; Nicholas or Robert. All have royal history.

I'm sticking with Charlotte Rose and Eleanor Mary, but am adding Alice Elizabeth. 3rd and 4th names are too big a pool for me to fish in!

Yes , but King Bill sounds odd too... So, he could go by Tim, but be king Timothy. I really like Timothy. I also like your choice of Charlotte Rose for a girl.
__________________
  #704  
Old 02-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,034
OK, I give up on odd names, I like Charlotte Rose. And after Charlotte and Rose come Diana and Carole. Charlotte honors Prince Charles who will be king and will be her grandfather. Rose sounds nice with most other names or titles. Only thing against it is that it is rather "cream puffy", like a picture from the 18th century royal family in their ruffles and bouffants. I like cream puffs, though, just can't eat them often--anyone else have that problem?

I'm glad someone else sees the virtues of the name Timothy. New to RF, but traditional, sounds great with Cambridge, sounds great with Prince or King (although we have not heard it before with these titles). I like this so much I wish it could come true but I don't think the RF is paying attention. I give up, cream puffy George may win the race. Seen pictures of the George Kings in the 18th century, looking like their contemporary George Washington in tights and fluttering things and wigs? King George VI didn't wear that stuff though...a thougtful courageous George.
__________________
  #705  
Old 02-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Capri Herczeg's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 23
If boy: Prince Michael Philip Charles William

If girl:Princess Victoria Elizabeth Diana Caroline or Elizabeth Victoria Diana Caroline
__________________
  #706  
Old 02-14-2013, 04:05 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
OK, I give up on odd names, I like Charlotte Rose. And after Charlotte and Rose come Diana and Carole. Charlotte honors Prince Charles who will be king and will be her grandfather. Rose sounds nice with most other names or titles. Only thing against it is that it is rather "cream puffy", like a picture from the 18th century royal family in their ruffles and bouffants. I like cream puffs, though, just can't eat them often--anyone else have that problem?

I'm glad someone else sees the virtues of the name Timothy. New to RF, but traditional, sounds great with Cambridge, sounds great with Prince or King (although we have not heard it before with these titles). I like this so much I wish it could come true but I don't think the RF is paying attention. I give up, cream puffy George may win the race. Seen pictures of the George Kings in the 18th century, looking like their contemporary George Washington in tights and fluttering things and wigs? King George VI didn't wear that stuff though...a thougtful courageous George.
Noooooooo..... I like your odd name posts even if I end up panning the choice. We can't go on and on and on about George, Elizabeth and Diana for the next 6 months or we will all go stark raving mad.....

I'd like to see one of your "odd" choices end up in the final selection.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #707  
Old 02-17-2013, 01:02 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri Herczeg View Post
If boy:
[/B]
If girl:Princess Victoria Elizabeth Diana Caroline
That's exactly what I suggested in post #396; and I think those names are a good possibility.
__________________
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
  #708  
Old 02-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Rebafan81's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Akron, United States
Posts: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Noooooooo..... I like your odd name posts even if I end up panning the choice. We can't go on and on and on about George, Elizabeth and Diana for the next 6 months or we will all go stark raving mad.....

I'd like to see one of your "odd" choices end up in the final selection.
YAY!!!! If I have to hear Diana, Elizabeth, George, I will also goooooooooo crazy!!!!!!!! I want new names, names I don't care if they are old fashioned or not but please keep pushing the limits!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
  #709  
Old 02-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Rebafan81's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Akron, United States
Posts: 1,034
I love Alexandra-Grace, If they want to stay traditional I have always loved Margaret-Rose. I know it isn't going to happen but I want to throw out what I like.
So in keeping with my twisted thoughts. I LOVE Lucas, Micheal, Benjamin, Phillip. Out of all the boys names I like Phillip a lot!!
Hmmmm.... Prince Philip Michael Arthur George
Princess Alexandra-Grace Elizabeth Mary
__________________
  #710  
Old 02-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is online now
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,170
Alexander, Alexandra, and variants thereof have both become common names since the time of Queen Victoria, whose first name was Alexandrina.

Similarly, Victor/Victoria, Albert/Alberta.
__________________
  #711  
Old 02-17-2013, 03:18 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
I love Alexandra-Grace, If they want to stay traditional I have always loved Margaret-Rose. I know it isn't going to happen but I want to throw out what I like.
So in keeping with my twisted thoughts. I LOVE Lucas, Micheal, Benjamin, Phillip. Out of all the boys names I like Phillip a lot!!
Hmmmm.... Prince Philip Michael Arthur George
Princess Alexandra-Grace Elizabeth Mary
I would be happy with any of those. Alexandra-Grace if very pretty. Nobody could say Alexandra is NOT regal. And Grace is always a perfect choice.....

I believe the baby will get four names, and out of the four, we can bet the bank Phillip, Michael and Charles (or one of his four) will appear for a boy. and Elizabeth, Diana and Carol(ine) will appear for a girl. This heir to the throne is all to important to cut out any of these major players. It would be nice if the first name was something traditional, yet different from the usual cast of characters.

Boys; Alexander, Christopher, David, Geoffrey, Stephen, Timothy, Thomas, Michael, Phillip, Victor, Nicholas.

Girls: Alexandra, Alice, Augusta, Charlotte, Caroline, Catherine, Eleanor, Matilda, Helena, Louisa, Adela/Adelaide, Dorothea, Penelope, Millicent.

Anyone know the names of Kate's grandparents and how close she was to them.

I myself love the name Catherine/Katherine, and it would make a great first name for a future Queen. It's so traditional, I don't know how it has not make its way into the BRF by now. I suppose all of those Catholic Queen or nearly Queen Catherines of yesteryear are to blame.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #712  
Old 02-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Not telling, France
Posts: 18
Hello everybody. First message here. I just want to say that i love the DUke and Duchess of Cambridge and so I was delighted to hear they'll have a little heir or heiress soon.
As the subject of the tread is potentials baby names and godparents choices here are my pick.

For a little Princess: Audrey Victoria Caroline Frances (thought I like Alexandrina a lot too but it's perhaps too old fashioned even for the British royal Family)

For a little boy: William Charles Georges Phillip

Godparents will surely be Prince Harry and Pippa as well the countess of Wessex and a Van Custem.
__________________
  #713  
Old 02-17-2013, 03:40 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPrincesseJasmine View Post
Hello everybody. First message here. I just want to say that i love the DUke and Duchess of Cambridge and so I was delighted to hear they'll have a little heir or heiress soon.
As the subject of the tread is potentials baby names and godparents choices here are my pick.

For a little Princess: Audrey Victoria Caroline Frances (thought I like Alexandrina a lot too but it's perhaps too old fashioned even for the British royal Family)

For a little boy: William Charles Georges Phillip

Godparents will surely be Prince Harry and Pippa as well the countess of Wessex and a Van Custem.
Hello and welcome! I agree that Harry, Pippa and even James are given for godparents.

Audrey is a pretty name - and I believe it is actually a traditional British name. But I don't see it being used. I'm wondering if they would chose another very traditional old English name such as "Edith." I suppose people would joke that they watch too much Downton Abbey. I don't like Edith myself, but I consider it a possibility.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #714  
Old 02-17-2013, 04:07 PM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 1,701
Alice anyone? its a very nice name, though my first choice is Mary, because is very beautiful and timeless name.

Victoria is another good choice, but i will be not sad if they choose a not so regular, old-fashioned name. i always liked unique names (with the exception of Mary^^)
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
  #715  
Old 02-17-2013, 04:11 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
Alice anyone? its a very nice name, though my first choice is Mary, because is very beautiful and timeless name.

Victoria is another good choice, but i will be not sad if they choose a not so regular, old-fashioned name. i always liked unique names (with the exception of Mary^^)
Your choices of names are all very regal and Alice and Victoria are, IMO, pretty names. This name combination sounds extremely regal in my opinion: Mary Elizabeth Catherine Victoria; however I still think my first bet of girl's names has a better chance. Just another thought.
__________________
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
  #716  
Old 02-17-2013, 04:56 PM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 1,701
^love your combination: Mary Elizabeth Catherine Victoria
i also find this name (as mentioned above) as a real possibility:
Princess Victoria Elizabeth Diana Caroline
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
  #717  
Old 02-17-2013, 05:48 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,135
I think my latest name combination sounds very regal as I said before.
__________________
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
  #718  
Old 02-17-2013, 05:55 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,416
as a catherine elizabeth myself, I have to agree
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #719  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,993
I love Margaret Rose, it is such a lovely combination. I'm still sticking with Matilda for a girl though, or Eleanor maybe. I have no clue with a boy, but the obvious choice would be either George, Arthur, Albert or Alexander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Anyone know the names of Kate's grandparents and how close she was to them.
Catherine's paternal grandparents were (/are, don't know if they're still alive) Peter Francis and Valerie, and her maternal grandparents were (/are, don't know if they're still alive) Ronald and Dorothy. More thorough list of ancestors here.
__________________
"Blessed be god, the king, the queen and all our sweet children be in good health."
— Lady Margaret Beaufort, April 1497

  #720  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:40 PM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 1,701
Valerie/Valeria is a very unique name, theres something mysterious about it, i like it!
__________________

__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HRH Duke Carlos Javier (1970- ) and the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma: August 2010- Warren Royal Families of Italy 216 09-06-2014 05:05 PM
Potential Names and Godparents for Zara Phillips Tindall and Mike Tindall First Child Zonk The Princess Royal and Family 110 06-05-2014 04:47 AM
Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions Zonk The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 3615 07-22-2013 02:30 AM
Possible names and godparents for Joachim & Marie's baby principessa Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 390 07-26-2009 11:56 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:31 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]