The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #601  
Old 01-23-2013, 08:18 AM
wymanda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I don't think, however, that they will let the pregnancy go as far as Camilla's birthday as I suspect that they are planning to induce on the 1st July to have the child on Diana's birthday, especially if it is a girl and then they will name her Diana.
The media release has said that she is due in MID JULY. No Doctor will induce a child ahead of the estimated due date unless mother or child is at risk.
If the child is induced then it will be born in late July or early August.

As for naming a little princess Diana; you really must already be predisposed to ill wish the little one like some sort of Sleeping Beauty witch!!
__________________

__________________
Everything I write here is my opinion and I mean no offence by it.
  #602  
Old 01-23-2013, 08:35 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 200
Part of me thinks, William and Kate realize this little girl (should they have a little girl) will likely get compared to her grandmother endlessly, much like the media tried to draw similarities b/w Kate and Diana. They may choose to honor Diana in some other way, maybe by using her name for a second daughter, or choosing a name that Diana liked. Could you imagine the Duchess delivers early (assuming mid-July is the due date) and has the baby on Diana's bd???
__________________

__________________
  #603  
Old 01-23-2013, 09:36 AM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
Part of me thinks, William and Kate realize this little girl (should they have a little girl) will likely get compared to her grandmother endlessly, much like the media tried to draw similarities b/w Kate and Diana. They may choose to honor Diana in some other way, maybe by using her name for a second daughter, or choosing a name that Diana liked. Could you imagine the Duchess delivers early (assuming mid-July is the due date) and has the baby on Diana's bd???

It is within the realm of possibility, certainly. It's also quite possible she will be the image of her grandmother. Then it won't matter what the child is named, they could name her Camilla and she will be Diana II.

I think that the press will carry on about the Second Coming of Diana for a time if there is any remote connection to Diana, but then it will fade. Those of us who lived the Diana days are getting old, I hate to admit. People younger than a certain age don't relate to her and my children have no idea who she is. She's becoming a tougher team trivia question rather than a slam dunk one.

Will and Harry were once in everyone's minds the Golden Sons of Diana. I think as they have grown older, lived their own lives, and developed their own personalities, this is less and less the case. I think the same thing will happen for this child and his/her connections to Diana will fade as its life is lived and personality is developed.
__________________
  #604  
Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 2,236
I really hope they stay away from Albert- not because it's too Germanic but because it's too dorky! (And Bertie sounds like a Wodehouse character, complete with monacle and lisp!)

It would be lovely if they named the child after Prince Charles, but perhaps it would be rather confusing to have two Prince Charles' for a few years?
But it wouldn't be insurmountable, and I like Charles much much better than George!

I'm convinced a girl would definitely become Elizabeth ( I don't think anyone would find objections to that).
__________________
  #605  
Old 01-23-2013, 12:36 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,771
I myself would LOVE to see some combination of.....

1) John
2) Paul
3) George
and
4) Richard



Hey, it's a very plausible combination.....
__________________
  #606  
Old 01-23-2013, 05:27 PM
cinrit's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Deep South, United States
Posts: 384
Clever.
__________________
  #607  
Old 01-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 517
I can't shake the strong feeling that a boy would be named George.
__________________
  #608  
Old 01-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 2,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I myself would LOVE to see some combination of.....

1) John
2) Paul
3) George
and
4) Richard



Hey, it's a very plausible combination.....
Perfect
__________________
  #609  
Old 01-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Lady Kathleen's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, United States
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
I can't shake the strong feeling that a boy would be named George.
I have the same feeling. If they choose a traditional name, I think they will choose George as all the others names (besides John) are currently in use.

My ideas:

George Philip Charles Michael

Alice Elizabeth Diana Caroline

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Albert, Arthur, John, Charlotte and Victoria as middle names.
__________________
  #610  
Old 01-24-2013, 04:53 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 4,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I myself would LOVE to see some combination of.....

1) John
2) Paul
3) George
and
4) Richard



Hey, it's a very plausible combination.....
Now those are truly Fab Four names! Ob la di Ob la dah.....
__________________
We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
  #611  
Old 01-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I myself would LOVE to see some combination of.....

1) John
2) Paul
3) George
and
4) Richard



Hey, it's a very plausible combination.....
Oh, I love it .
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #612  
Old 01-24-2013, 05:08 PM
KPWillie's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

It is within the realm of possibility, certainly. It's also quite possible she will be the image of her grandmother. Then it won't matter what the child is named, they could name her Camilla and she will be Diana II.

I think that the press will carry on about the Second Coming of Diana for a time if there is any remote connection to Diana, but then it will fade. Those of us who lived the Diana days are getting old, I hate to admit. People younger than a certain age don't relate to her and my children have no idea who she is. She's becoming a tougher team trivia question rather than a slam dunk one.

Will and Harry were once in everyone's minds the Golden Sons of Diana. I think as they have grown older, lived their own lives, and developed their own personalities, this is less and less the case. I think the same thing will happen for this child and his/her connections to Diana will fade as its life is lived and personality is developed.
That makes perfect sense. But somehow logic does not prevail here for me. When I see news of the Monaco Royal family, I think of Princess Grace and look for her features in her grandchildren's faces (they're there). When I see news of Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg's family, I look for Jackie Kennedy Onassis' features in her grandchildren's faces, too (also there). IMO, this child will be known more for being Diana's grandchild than for anything else.
__________________
  #613  
Old 01-24-2013, 05:51 PM
scooter's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,494
Or Elizabeth's great grand daughter....so perhaps the same line of objection should be posed to her having Elizabeth for one of her names or Victoria for that matter . To me the argument against either Diana or Elizabeth is equally spurrious.
__________________
  #614  
Old 01-24-2013, 05:59 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Or Elizabeth's great grand daughter....so perhaps the same line of objection should be posed to her having Elizabeth for one of her names or Victoria for that matter . To me the argument against either Diana or Elizabeth is equally spurrious.
The Elizabeth link will be about - named after 2 great queens; royal heritage; duty; strength; calmness, loyalty to country. But it would fade fairly qucikly because these attributes are obvious over a period of time.

Diana link - well that could go many ways - beauty (or not); stable/unstable personality; desire to "be loved"; and, heaven help us, "the people's princess". On going and relentless.

There is no comparison.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #615  
Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 57
I love the name Alexandra, and it was the name of William's great-great-grandmother so it'd class as "royal" name.

Yes, Princess Patricia of Connaught, who was suggested as a possible wife for Alfonso of Spain before he ended up with her cousin Ena instead :-). & it's a Mountbatten name too. I don't think it's one of the favourites because it's never been used for major royals, but you never know!

I like Arthur, which was my grandad's name, and which I suspect was indirectly after Arthur, Duke of Connaught because he (grandad) was named after his uncle and too many of his uncles and aunts shared their names with Queen Victoria's children for it to've been a coincidence, LOL. I think having a "King Arthur" would be a bit much, though, but maybe they'd use it as a middle name.
__________________
  #616  
Old 01-24-2013, 07:28 PM
CanRoyal's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: West Coast, Canada
Posts: 251
I'm not able to read through all the pages of this thread, so sorry if this has already been posted, but according to People magazine archives of November 1981 (link here) The Pregnant Princess - Pregnancy, The British Royals, Prince Charles, Princess Diana : People.com


the potential names that Diana and Charles were considering before William was born were:
Quote:
...for a male...George, Edward, Philip (in honor of Charles' father) and Louis (the name of his favorite great-uncle, the late Lord Mountbatten). For a girl, the top contenders are the names of the parents' mothers, Frances and Elizabeth.
__________________
  #617  
Old 01-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Rebafan81's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Akron, United States
Posts: 1,036
I keep reading this thread hoping for some insight,some new name but I keep seeing the same names over and over but I seriously hope most are wrong. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone because we are all just having fun speculating for the next 7 months.LOL I am just glad we don't also have to wait til the christening to find out the name. Quick question, has anytime ever guessed any royal baby name in the last 8years? I'm not talking about Christian, even I got that and I'm ALWAYS wrong. Lol. I mean I don't think anyone would of guessed Vincent or Estelle, or even Leonor but I love names so I am going to keep reading and guessing...I just hope for a healthy happy baby name Alexandra.
__________________
  #618  
Old 01-24-2013, 11:45 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
I keep reading this thread hoping for some insight,some new name but I keep seeing the same names over and over but I seriously hope most are wrong. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone because we are all just having fun speculating for the next 7 months.LOL I am just glad we don't also have to wait til the christening to find out the name. Quick question, has anytime ever guessed any royal baby name in the last 8years? I'm not talking about Christian, even I got that and I'm ALWAYS wrong. Lol. I mean I don't think anyone would of guessed Vincent or Estelle, or even Leonor but I love names so I am going to keep reading and guessing...I just hope for a healthy happy baby name Alexandra.
Oh, I got Athena right.....

Seriously, I did get Ingrid of Norway right. That was a no brainer.
__________________
  #619  
Old 01-25-2013, 12:29 AM
LauraS3514's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Jose, CA, United States
Posts: 227
I would think that "Elizabeth" or "Arthur" are actually pretty good bets to be part of the name. Why? "Albert Frederick ARTHUR George" (George VI); "Charles Philip ARTHUR George"; "William ARTHUR Philip Louis"; and "ELIZABETH Angela Marguerite"; "ELIZABETH Alexandra Mary"; "Carole ELIZABETH" and "Catherine ELIZABETH". Beyond those, who knows? "George" is a good bet, as is "Victoria". I also wouldn't be surprised if "Diana" were a third or fourth name - definitely NOT first and not what she'd be called. We'll all know in about seven months or so.
__________________
  #620  
Old 01-25-2013, 01:00 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,034
Close family members' names may appear: from the Middleton's, Michael, Peter, James, and from the Wales family, Harry, or rather Henry. We could get something unexpected such as Henry Peter Michael Charles, just to throw out an idea. But probably not. Harry seems so much a part of Catherine and Wills' life that I expect Uncle Henry will appear somewhere in the name. If it's a boy. If a girl, there is Harriet. Henrietta is old-fashioned but one can get used to old things made new. If the princess is Henrietta I think there would be all sorts of surprise giggles and then enthusiastic emulation and applause.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HRH Duke Carlos Javier (1970- ) and the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma: August 2010- Warren Royal Families of Italy 221 11-19-2014 09:34 AM
Potential Names and Godparents for Zara Phillips Tindall and Mike Tindall First Child Zonk The Princess Royal and Family 110 06-05-2014 04:47 AM
Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions Zonk The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 3615 07-22-2013 02:30 AM
Possible names and godparents for Joachim & Marie's baby principessa Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 390 07-26-2009 11:56 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
belgium birth carl philip charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven pom pregnancy president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]