Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
What about

Alexandra Louise Caroline Frances?
I like it! Princess Alexandra Frances after princess Diana

Old 01-21-2013, 08:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

As the last and the current queen's (TM Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother and The Queen) first name started with an "E", and the next two queen's (TRH The Duchess of Cornwall and The Duchess of Cambridge) first name start with "C" I think now about a first name (for a princess) starting with "A".

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Alexandra if it's a girl and Alexander if it's a boy
I do think Alexandra would be a great choice for a little Princess (and so would Alexander for a little Prince), it would also be a nice tribute to William's godmother, Princess Alexandra.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post

Cepe, I think Charlotte Rose has a chance and is very nice.
I don't think Charlotte has any chance, because Earl Spencer just named his daughter Charlotte Diana.
Nor do I care for Rose, it reminds me of those Victorian flower names.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't think Charlotte has any chance, because Earl Spencer just named his daughter Charlotte Diana.
That makes a difference because? Not like you can mix the two up.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Nor do I care for Rose, it reminds me of those Victorian flower names.
I also don't think the name Charlotte will appear anywhere if this baby is a girl because of Earl Spencer's new baby. Why? I think Diana will be one of the names and I don't think William and Kate will repeat both Charlotte and Diana when this is the name of another recent baby. Too bad- Charlotte would have been a lovely choice.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke and Duchess have been consistently described as "traditional" on this thread and there has been a marked concensus that they will use a traditional name for their child, especially as the child is a future monarch.

Pretty difficult to achieve that without repeating a name that has already been used by someone close to the BRF or any other royal family.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Nobility

I agree- I also think they will repeat a name from within the British Royal Family. I just don't think they will repeat the name very recently used by Earl Spencer for his baby.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Aristocracy

Agreed, I think we will see a traditional repeat as well. Victoria or Elizabeth seem likely candidates for a girl. Didn't the Prince and Princess of Wales want the name Victoria for William or Harry if they were girls? Thought I read that somewhere.
Boys--For some reason, I keep leaning towards George.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
Agreed, I think we will see a traditional repeat as well. Victoria or Elizabeth seem likely candidates for a girl. Didn't the Prince and Princess of Wales want the name Victoria for William or Harry if they were girls? Thought I read that somewhere.
It occurred to me today that its quite possible that if they have a boy they could name him Charles. I think that would tickle the PoW green (he's not a pink kinda guy).
Old 01-22-2013, 07:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes you are right Charles and Diana wanted to name their baby Victoria if they had a girl!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
It's funny- from the moment they announced Kate was pregnant, I also thought Victoria for a girl and George for a boy. We'll have to wait a few months to see if our hunches are right, Rice!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Serene Highness

Osipi, I think they might go for Charles, too. The PofW deserves some happiness in this area! I suppose the boy would immediately become Prince Charlie, which the PofW never was, so there would be no mix-up. My son is Charlie--and he never became anything but Charlie when he grew up and got a Ph.D.

To me there is too much unhappines, sickness, repression, etc. connected to those who bore the name George. Just look at the masterpiece movie The King's Speech to see who George VI and George V went through, and think back to other George's. No more George, however we may honor Elizabeth's father, who overcame so much to be a good king, God rest his soul. That is my hope but of course we are just "playing house" and guessing here.

Maybe Charles Phillip Michael George?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Aristocracy

To me there is too much unhappines, sickness, repression, etc. connected to those who bore the name George. Just look at the masterpiece movie The King's Speech to see who George VI and George V went through, and think back to other George's. No more George, however we may honor Elizabeth's father, who overcame so much to be a good king, God rest his soul. That is my hope but of course we are just "playing house" and guessing here.

Maybe Charles Phillip Michael George?[/QUOTE]

It's funny, I thought about Charles as well. I often forget, King George VI, was actually Albert, Bertie, but reigned as George VI. Wonder if perhaps, they wouldn't consider Albert?
Whatever it is, it is fun to play the guessing game!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:02 PM
Majesty

One name I am going to throw out there is Camilla - if the girl is born in mid-July how close could it be to Camilla's own birthday?

That would also be a way of bridging the gap between the Camilla haters and Camilla if William made such a public acknowledgement.

Not for a first name but as a middle name.

I don't think, however, that they will let the pregnancy go as far as Camilla's birthday as I suspect that they are planning to induce on the 1st July to have the child on Diana's birthday, especially if it is a girl and then they will name her Diana.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:07 PM
Serene Highness

Rice, I think they might consider "Bertie", which was George VI's real name (Albert). Some say Albert is too Germanic. I don't know about that. "Charles" does have a French/Scottish ring, and someone remarked that it was a nod to the Stuart descent, as was "Anne" and "Andrew." I do like nods to the Stuart descent, although the RF is neither Hanover nor Stuart now, but a mix. It's good that the Queen Mum Elizabeth, Diana, and Catherine have brought non-Hanover background to the family, in my view, as I do not think an all German family is the best idea for England.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Rice, I think they might consider "Bertie", which was George VI's real name (Albert). Some say Albert is too Germanic. I don't know about that. "Charles" does have a French/Scottish ring, and someone remarked that it was a nod to the Stuart descent, as was "Anne" and "Andrew." I do like nods to the Stuart descent, although the RF is neither Hanover nor Stuart now, but a mix. It's good that the Queen Mum Elizabeth, Diana, and Catherine have brought non-Hanover background to the family, in my view, as I do not think an all German family is the best idea for England.
Personally, I don't see why someone's ancestry from many generations age would matter for England. It doesn't get much more British than the Queen, ancestry be damned.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Aristocracy

I have always thought, rightly or wrongly, the British Royal Family is a bit more traditional than some others. I may be wrong here, but did Queen Elizabeth have to "approve" William and Harry's names? I may be way off there, but I also thought she had some say in Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's names--perhaps just helpful suggestions lol- That said, Denmark has the tradition of alternating between Frederick and Christian in naming their monarchs (I guess their won't be a debate on the boards if Prince Christian has a son someday ha ha), and I seem to recall Prince Phillippe saying it was very important for him to name his daughter after his great-grandmother. I like the tradition and honor of that.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:39 AM
Majesty

Prince Andrew's name has nothing to do with Scotland or the Stuarts but is the name of his paternal grandfather - HRH Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think if it's a boy, Henry is possible as a middle name, with Charles or Phillip or even David as a first name.