Baby Cambridge: Potential Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure Harry would be one of the godparents. Pippa and/or James also. Maybe even Queen Elizabeth might be one them! Though, I personally don't see any foreign royals as the godparents as I don't think William and Catherine are very close to them. But of course, there could be a suprise! I would be very suprised (and happy) if Victoria, Haakon, Frederik, or any of the other heirs and their spouses would be godparents.

Last edited:
Girl: Mary or Augusta

Boy: Arthur or George

Girl: Elizabeth Catherine Diana Victoria or Catherine Diana Elizabeth Alexandra

Boy: William Henry Albert Charles or William George Phillip Henry

For a girl, I wouldn't be surprised if they also used Catherine's Mom's name in there somewhere...

That is what i guessed before and I stay with it:
typical would be 1 1/2 or 2 years between the children, so my guess:
Girl (Elizabeth Matilda Diana Carole) born 09/2013 (...).

So my guess for a girl:
Elizabeth Matilda Diana Carole
and a boy:
John Michael Charles Henry

I am guessing the 22. July 2013 as the date of birth.

Godparents: Zara Phillips, Prince Harry, James Middleton and two friends.

Daily mail suggested that maybe a Welsh name would be included, so maybe Owen for a boy? And I think Charles will be in the mix somewhere too..
And I agree that Diana as a name will carry too much history, but Frances is nice..(or even Francis for a boy?)

godparents are usually older people... maybe someone of Greek royal family

I don't think they could be silly enough to even consider camilla... yuck.

Alexandra Elizabeth Diana Caroline Anne

Philip Michael Charles Christian Henry

We can all surmise, so my surmise is the Scottish Robert, or Alice, or both. The Welsh name Owen would surely be different, and really nice. The grandparents names will get in there, so maybe Robert Michael Charles or Alice Diana Caroline. All specs, list mates!

I was awake last night and thinking about who this child could marry when adult. I was thinking about the manifold children of the Danes. Hmmm. And Princess Mary of Denmark is Scottish, and Kate and William visited Frederick and Mary when the twins were small, remember? Maybe thinking ahead?

This child is going to be a monarch so.....

Girl:
1st Name: Charlotte, Caroline, Victoria, or Mary
Others: Alice (I think this would be a good choice for a non-regnal name); Sophia, Elizabeth, and/or any of the above.

I thought about Diana as a 2nd name but I think not for the first child. I think the media would focus on this rather than anything else.
Boy:
1st Name: Charles, George, Henry or William
Others: Louis, Michael, Philip Arthur and/or any of the above

We are not likely to see Queen Diana, Frances or Phillipa (tho' we have had a queen consort with this name); nor are we likely to see a King Philip, Michael, Arthur or Andrew.

Godparents: I agree that the Greek Royal family might be included; I think Philipa and Harry are good options and so is Sophie; a van Cutsem (never remember which is which) and possibly (wild card) of a member of the Norwegian royal family.

Last edited:
I stick with my original bets of:

Alice Elizabeth Diana Caroline (Elizabeth for HM, Diana for Will's mum and Caroline for Kate's mum, Carol)

Arthur Charles Philip Michael (Arthur was supposedly the name Diana wanted for William, so that may be a fitting tribute; Charles for Will's dad and uncle (Althrop), Philip for Will's grandad and Kate's sister (Philippa) sort of; Michael for Kate's dad)

Love the idea of Princess Alice or Prince Arthur...just gorgeous!

Oh, I so hope for a little boy to keep P Christian company. Maybe Alexander?

Matilda or Alice would be nice for a girl. Maybe Mary?

Frideswide: You might be right there...still a fitting tribute to Charles then :)

What do you think about the possibility of "Camilla" being among the names of a princess?

That would be shocking. However, I do think Camilla has a lovely middle name: Rosemary. I think the first daughter's name will be filled with Elizabeths, Victorias, Dianas, etc, but perhaps a second daughter could have Rosemary of Rose Mary in it?

I stick with my original bets of:

Alice Elizabeth Diana Caroline (Elizabeth for HM, Diana for Will's mum and Caroline for Kate's mum, Carol)

Arthur Charles Philip Michael (Arthur was supposedly the name Diana wanted for William, so that may be a fitting tribute; Charles for Will's dad and uncle (Althrop), Philip for Will's grandad and Kate's sister (Philippa) sort of; Michael for Kate's dad)

Love the idea of Princess Alice or Prince Arthur...just gorgeous!

I read somewhere that Diana wanted to name William after her father John. However, was discouraged as the family thought the name brought "bad luck".

Do you think there is a chance that they will give the child a more modern first name and then maybe when they are monarch they could use their middle name? Didn't the Queen's father do that?

The couple realise their first child is expected to have traditional BRF names and I don't think we will see anything from the Spencers or Middletons.

So far there's only one girl's name that I've come up with.

Georgiana Elizabeth Mary Frances. Call her Gia for short. Princess Gia has a nice ring to it. Its the feminine version of George, has been a Spencer family name and has not been used by the royal family so it would kind of be unique.
I love this name.

I have to think a little more on the names, but I'm fond of Alexandria (girl) and Arthur (boy). I imagine they'll also include family names - Charles, Carole, Michael, Diana or Francis.

As for Godparents, I imagine Pippa and Harry are a sure bet. I'd also like to see Peter and Sophie.

Last edited:
I've enjoyed putting a bit of thought into this :)
A daughter: Margaret Elizabeth Victoria; other possibilities Mary, Frances, Anne, Alexandra, Rose.
A son: Andrew Charles James; with other possibilities George, William, Albert, Louis, John, David, Richard.
[Edward VIII had seven Christian names, so there's a precedent to use plenty!]

Do you think there is a chance that they will give the child a more modern first name and then maybe when they are monarch they could use their middle name? Didn't the Queen's father do that?

He did do that, but the reasons were to give a sense of continuity to his father and the stable monarchy. In effect, Geroge V followed by George VI - as if Edward VIII never happened.

I think that what the child is known as is what their regnal name will be (this is discussed at length on the thread concerning Prince Charles). Very difficult to "change" one's name in the world of mass communication

I also think they are a quite traditional couple.

I don't think they could be silly enough to even consider camilla... yuck.
Whats is so yucky and silly about this? it is quite obvious whomever asked this question was not being serious, Grow up and keep your Camilla hatred to yourself, The duchess of Cornwall has her own grandchildren whom are named after her, she doesn't any other children. Pathetic!

Last edited:
Well call me crazy but I can easily imagine Camilla as a royal godparent. Nothing silly about that if you ask me.

If the baby is a girl, how about Amanda or Alexandria? Or Elizabeth. I like the name Victoria but you already have an heir to the throne who has that name.

If the baby is a boy, how about Nicholas? Or Matthew perhaps.

Nothing against Prince Charles, but I don't particularly like the name Charles.

The name should be one that's not overused or one that sounds like something you would name a future King or Queen.

As far as godparents, at least one of them should be an heir to a throne. Perhaps Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel could be one set of Godparents.

Last edited:
So the baby will be HRH Prince/Princess of Cambridge. Am I correct? :flowers:

That certainly would be my assumption. Although now that I think about it, doesn't the automatic Prince/Princess only go three generations?

As things stand right now if it is a son it will be HRH Prince X of Cambridge. If it is a daughter it would be Lady X Mountbatten Windsor. I would guess should the child be a daughter HM would issue Letters Patent making sure all of Williams children are born HRH Prince/Princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom