The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Aristocracy

The British Royal family has always been fairly safe and traditional when it comes to the name of a future heir. I think that Will & Kate will continue in this vein.
There are a few names I think we can safely rule out. For boys, Stephen, John, James are most likely no goes based on British monarchs who have held these names and the associations that they most likely bring up within the royal family. Oliver is a definite no, thanks to Cromwell.
While I like Arthur as a name I don't see them picking it because then one day the baby would be King Arthur and heaven knows there is ALOT of weight that comes with that name. I can see Will and Kate feeling like that would be too much pressure on him.
I'm going to guess George or Albert as a first name for a boy. And William as one of the middle names

For a girl, once again I can see them going fairly traditional, keeping with names that have already been used within the family. However, I don't see them using Elizabeth and I am sort of iffy about Victoria since Sweden is set to have a Queen Victoria. I think Anne, Mary, Alexandra and Charlotte are all options. Personally I would love it if they used Queen Victoria of England's first name of Alexandrina. I don't foresee them using Diana for a daughter, even as a middle name, once again I think that they would see it as too much pressure for the child.
Since this baby will be the heir to the throne of England I think we are going to see at least one royal from another country as godparent. Several were at William and Kate's wedding so there is a variety of options there, though for some reason I am leaning towards Prince Pavlos of Greece or Princess Victoria of Sweden depending on whether the baby is a boy or a girl.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Gentry

Names as traditional as you can get since it's the heir to the throne.

Boy: Middle names will likely be Charles Philip Michael.
Girls: Middle names will likely be Diana Elizabeth and possibly some variant on Carole (Carole, Caroline, Charlotte, Carola, etc.)

First names, probably chosen straight from the names of Queen Victoria's children and grandchildren. For a girl, I'd guess that Alice might be a front runner, particularly since it's Prince Philip's mother's name and it hasn't been used yet as a first name for any of the grandchildren or great grandchildren. Victoria would be the other obvious possibility.

For a boy, there might be a bit more variability. I'm going to go with Arthur, since it's one of William's middle names.

So, my guesses:
Boy: Arthur Charles Philip Michael.
Girl: Alice Elizabeth Diana Carole.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Royal Highness

I'm SO excited for William and Catherine, and it feels like I'M expecting myself!

I suspect they'll pick a fairly traditional BRF name for the child... but who knows, they could surprise us!

Girl: Caroline Elizabeth Diana Anne Not only is Caroline a classic royal name, but it also honors Catherine's mother, Carole Middleton.

Boy: This one's trickier for me. I could see them using George, which hasn't been used in a while by the main family, or perhaps Philip, in honor of the Duke of Edinburgh.

George Albert Charles Christian
Philip Henry Charles Edward

Godparents: Harry and Pippa are both pretty much givens, at this point. If a foreign royal is named, it will probably be from the Greek Royal Family.... I'll go with Crown Prince Pavlos. Maybe one of William's uncles or aunts, and of course friends of the couple.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd be fairly confident that if it's a boy, he'll be George or Henry. For a girl, I think it would be a wonderful tribute to HM to name her Elizabeth. By the time a future Elizabeth III is on the throne, our current Queen will have been dead for decades, so there's enough of a gap there. If not that then Victoria, although I personally like both Charlotte and Alexandra, even though they've never previously been names of a queen regnant in the UK.

Middle names will probably be an amalgam of William and Kate's parents names.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammaSueSue View Post
William is very close to his aunts, Sarah and Jane...So, I definitely see one of them being chosen as a godmother.
I'd like to see one of his Spencer aunts as a godmother too. I don't see them asking Earl Spencer.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Girl: Caroline Elizabeth Diana Anne Not only is Caroline a classic royal name, but it also honors Catherine's mother, Carole Middleton.
I love this one. Queen Caroline sounds so regal and beautiful and it would be a nice tribute to Catherine's mum. I also like the idea of using Anne as a secondary name, the Princess Royal is a really wonderful namesake.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Aristocracy

I'm a huge fan of going with Charlotte if it's a girl. I think that name carries a great amount of weight to it, in the way that Victoria and Elizabeth do. So for a girl I would go with: Charlotte Elizabeth Diana Catherine (yes I picked four, but you can't really end the name with Diana, as it doesn't sound quite right, and you can't quite put it second, as it sounds like you're trying too hard to recall the late Princess of Wales...)
For a boy I'm less fond of the name Arthur for a first name, so I will go with: Henry Charles Arthur William
Old 12-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

George Andrew Patrick David ( the 4 saints of the UK)
Victoria Elizabeth Charlotte Diana
Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I hope they go through every name and put King or Queen in front of it, and if it sounds stupid they forget it. And no Diana, please no.
Isn´t that what every CP couple should do? We´d have avoided some dissapoints!

I always go classy for the first born. I like George, Albert or Arthur for a boy (I love Edward and Charles too, but they´re taken).

For a girl, a little Victoria would be great, but if they choose something more original it would be fine. Alexandra sounds nice, as well as Alice (but Queen Alice doesn´t persuade me, though).
Old 12-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Aristocracy

Alice would be nice. As would Mathilda...
Old 12-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
So far there's only one girl's name that I've come up with.

Georgiana Elizabeth Mary Frances. Call her Gia for short. Princess Gia has a nice ring to it. Its the feminine version of George, has been a Spencer family name and has not been used by the royal family so it would kind of be unique.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

What do you think about the possibility of "Camilla" being among the names of a princess?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
What do you think about the possibility of "Camilla" being among the names of a princess?
0.0000000000000001% chance of that happening...
Old 12-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Albert George Michael Charles

Victoria Diana Carole Elizabeth
Old 12-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePatrick View Post
0.0000000000000001% chance of that happening...
I would agree with this assessment.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Aristocracy

I will be extremely surprised if Prince Harry is'nt named one of the Godparents...
Old 12-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Isn´t that what every CP couple should do? We´d have avoided some dissapoints!
I certainly wish a certain CP had done that
Old 12-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
The Dianiacs brains would explode.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Courtier

Charlotte Victoria Diana Alexandra
I don´t think they would be reluctant to give a girl Dianas name
Albert Charles Michael Arthur

Godfather: Prince Harry
Godmother: Pippa
Old 12-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria Elizabeth Margaret Frances

George Phillip Michael Henry