The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 06:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post

If they like the name, what should keep them from doing so? There are a lot of nicknames for Edward they could use to keep them separated.
True. I doubt anyone calls the Earl of Wessex "Teddy"

Old 01-16-2013, 07:15 AM

My money is on...

Victoria, for a girl. Which it WILL be!
I made a video about it:

Enjoy!

Old 01-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDGLees View Post
I made a video about it:

Enjoy!
Team Victoria here!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:02 AM
Commoner

I really hope they use a lesser known royal name. Both Frederick and Arthur are names that were used by heirs to the throne who never acceded i.e. Frederick (Duke of York) second son of George III (who would have assumed the throne before his brother William IV) and Arthur, elder brother of Henry VIII. There is already both an Arthur and Frederick in the family (Sarah Chatto's son Arthur and Prince Michael of Kent's son Frederick) but I still think it's useable, particularly for the heir to the throne.

For a girl, I would love to see Charlotte used. Again, it's the name borne by an heir to the throne (Princess Charlotte of Wales, only child of George IV). But other names that haven't been widely used could be Matilda, Eleanor and Mary.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Do you think since there is an Edward in the family, they would name if they have a son Edw?
There are two living princes of the United Kingdom named Edward. The Queen did not mind naming one of her sons Edward despite having a royal first cousin and a royal uncle named Edward. The latter was also the extremely unpopular ex-king. Is history trying to tell us that even the names we consider least likely shouldn't be discarded too soon? Who knows, perhaps Camilla's still hoping to see her name perpetuated
Old 01-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

My cousin, Edward, is called "Ward." Always liked that. I also think it is silly to think of names as "bad" luck.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I also think it is silly to think of names as "bad" luck.
Its actually a relatively recent belief in the British royal family. Edward VII's youngest son was Prince John. He died at a few hours old and is buried at Sandringham. George V's youngest child, also Prince John. His life has been well documented as "The Lost Prince". He died at age 13 and is also buried at Sandringham.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Edward VII's son was Alexander John though, so I don't know how much bad luck there really is about the name John afterall. However, all I can think about when hearing 'Prince John' is the lion from Disney's Robin Hood

Old 01-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Royal Highness

John has been one of the most commonly used names in the English speaking world. There's no bad luck associated with the name itself, and the man on the street couldn't tell you anything about the "Johns" of the Royal Family (er, no pun intended there) to save their lives.

I don't believe in luck, anyway. If the next "John" in the BRF has an unfortunate life, it will be through subconscious choice because everyone thinks it's bad luck.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDGLees
I made a video about it:
So funny, thank you for that. And your first post too; methinks we may hear a little more from Mr David G. Lees...!

And i go for 'Victoria' too.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Team Victoria here!
I loved that video - he is a hoot. "William is a father of daughters"

Can someone please tell me where to place MrDGLees accent on the isle? I'm going to practice it till I get it pair-fect
Old 01-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

He's Scottish

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-16-2013, 11:37 PM
Serene Highness

love your accent, Mr. Lees! A Scot who can be well-understood, that shows you are well-educated. Unlike you and others, Mr. Lees, I have NO idea what gender the baby will be.
None! And I am somewhat psychic, not too much, I try to keep it down.
So many here like Charlotte. The heir who had that name died young before ascending to the throne. So she does not have a record of anything "off". It reminds me of cream puffs, and I would like a more vigorous sounding name, but Charlotte is by FAR not the worst offering.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:21 AM
Courtier

The bookmakers have the baby being born on July 17th, so why shouldn't William & Kate name their baby girl Camilla. It's their decision and no one elses.

That said.

my original choices: revised
Alexandra Victoria Francesca (Beatrix) Camilla (Beatrix deleted)
Georgina Francesca Victoria Alexandra Camilla
Cecilia Caroline Charlotte Catherine Camilla
Alexandra Alice Angela Anne (no change)

George Francis Edmund Charles Bruce (1st son)
Alexander Frederick William James Bruce (2nd son)
George Edward Charles Phillp (no change)

or new names
Elizabeth Rosemary Frances Anne
Georgina Frances Rosemary Catherine

Since the baby will be born in July lets finally end the war and give the baby the name of both women.

FYI Camilla's niece is Catherine Camilla.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:42 AM
Royal Highness

I don't like to think of names in the sense of "bad luck" either. But like The name John, I would have to say that Richard doesn't necessarily have the best track record, either.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:54 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
I don't like to think of names in the sense of "bad luck" either. But like The name John, I would have to say that Richard doesn't necessarily have the best track record, either.
No, "King Richard" has not had the best luck in the BRF as all died before their time: Richard I spent only about 9 months of his reign in England and died at 41 in Germany of gangrene; Richard II came to the throne at age 10, and was deposed and probably murdered at 33; and Richard III died at 32 at Bosworth. More recently though, the current Duke of Gloucester is also "Richard" and has led a scandal-free and apparently happy life.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:04 AM
Commoner

Phillip micheal charles david for a boy.

Anne elizabeth carol phillipa for a girl
Old 01-17-2013, 04:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
No, "King Richard" has not had the best luck in the BRF as all died before their time: Richard I spent only about 9 months of his reign in England and died at 41 in Germany of gangrene; Richard II came to the throne at age 10, and was deposed and probably murdered at 33; and Richard III died at 32 at Bosworth. More recently though, the current Duke of Gloucester is also "Richard" and has led a scandal-free and apparently happy life.
Someone has to break the cycle! Perhaps Richard will be a name.... Only time will tell!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:49 AM
Nobility

Never Mind ‘Elizabeth’ – Royal Baby Could be a ‘Lancelot’, ‘Boniface’ or ‘Grissel’
Old 01-17-2013, 06:30 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
Its actually a relatively recent belief in the British royal family. Edward VII's youngest son was Prince John. He died at a few hours old and is buried at Sandringham. George V's youngest child, also Prince John. His life has been well documented as "The Lost Prince". He died at age 13 and is also buried at Sandringham.
That's the other name I was trying to think of that would be good for the royal baby (if it's a boy). John is a great name, and despite the history of King John, I think this name could make a comeback.