Baby Cambridge: Potential Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Estelle in Sweden, whose name honors a little known founding member of the royal family.
I wouldn't say that princess Estelle's namesake countess Estelle Bernadotte of Wisborg was a founding member of the royal family as she was married to Folke Bernadotte, a cousin of king Gustaf VI Adolf, and a godfather of king Carl Gustaf. She is only related by marriage to the present-day members of the SRF.

Hear! Hear!

Timothy Rex

King Tim sounds a bit ..........odd?

I think Philip is a good choice; Alexander; Nicholas or Robert. All have royal history.

I'm sticking with Charlotte Rose and Eleanor Mary, but am adding Alice Elizabeth. 3rd and 4th names are too big a pool for me to fish in!

Cepe, two names are enough for anyone, even a monarch! I like your two-name choices, none could go wrong. Diana had only two names and Catherine has only two. It's enough!

Last edited:
Most everything the Cambridges have done have leaned toward the Traditional side when it comes to things connected to the 'job'. I'd be pretty surprised if they picked a modern name.

LaRae

Cepe, two names are enough for anyone, even a monarch! I like your two-name choices, none could go wrong. Diana had only two names and Catherine has only two. It's enough!

Except every member of the royal household has at least four.

I was absolutely certain she would be called either Christina or Désirée.

I don't know if William and Catherine will do the same thing and just choose a totally unconventional name though, I get the feeling that the British Royal Family is much more traditional.

I also think that the Royal Family is more traditional when it comes to names; and in my opinion they also like to choose names that run in the family.

Speaking of names running in the family: they believe they are descended from the Hebrew monarch King David. So "David" would be taking it back to the source. Ha!
I wonder if you know that "Zara" is considered to be a probable name for a descendant of King David. Whenever we get into the Irish lore, we have a hard time telling history from myth, but there are legends that two daughters of Zedekiah escaped the destruction of Z's family, moving on to Egypt, Spain, and Ireland. Princess Zara remained in Spain. Princess TeaTephi went on to Ireland and married--what else--a relative who had already emigrated there, and ruled from the hallowed halls of Tara.
I repeat--myth or history?--the RF does have the Harp of Tara on their Coat of Arms.
I have a suspicion that Princess Anne knew exactly what she was doing when Zara was named...for an old time Auntie Z.

:previous:
But didn't Charles suggest Zara to Anne and Mark?
"The baby made a rather sudden and positive arrival," recalled Princess Anne, "and my brother thought Zara (a Greek name meaning 'bright as the dawn') was an appropriate name." [x]

Well Charles knows his history, so he might have suggested a name which has a Greek meaning and also has a tradition in the history of King David's descent. Charles seems to be very good with historical matters of all kinds, including knowledge of his own descent from so many sources. The Irish mythological (?) descent is only one of his. It could be real, as many Jews emigrated to Ireland, leaving them with the highest J1c2b heritage in Europe, along with many other threads of descent such as the Vikings.
The Christian church was founded in southern Ireland long before St. Patrick arrived, and it, like the C of E, was not under the rule of Rome. Its "bishops" married, unlike the Roman pope.

Last edited:
cepe said:
King Tim sounds a bit ..........odd?

I think Philip is a good choice; Alexander; Nicholas or Robert. All have royal history.

I'm sticking with Charlotte Rose and Eleanor Mary, but am adding Alice Elizabeth. 3rd and 4th names are too big a pool for me to fish in!

Yes , but King Bill sounds odd too... So, he could go by Tim, but be king Timothy. I really like Timothy. I also like your choice of Charlotte Rose for a girl.

OK, I give up on odd names, I like Charlotte Rose. And after Charlotte and Rose come Diana and Carole. Charlotte honors Prince Charles who will be king and will be her grandfather. Rose sounds nice with most other names or titles. Only thing against it is that it is rather "cream puffy", like a picture from the 18th century royal family in their ruffles and bouffants. I like cream puffs, though, just can't eat them often--anyone else have that problem?

I'm glad someone else sees the virtues of the name Timothy. New to RF, but traditional, sounds great with Cambridge, sounds great with Prince or King (although we have not heard it before with these titles). I like this so much I wish it could come true but I don't think the RF is paying attention. I give up, cream puffy George may win the race. Seen pictures of the George Kings in the 18th century, looking like their contemporary George Washington in tights and fluttering things and wigs? King George VI didn't wear that stuff though...a thougtful courageous George.

If boy: Prince Michael Philip Charles William

If girl:Princess Victoria Elizabeth Diana Caroline or Elizabeth Victoria Diana Caroline

OK, I give up on odd names, I like Charlotte Rose. And after Charlotte and Rose come Diana and Carole. Charlotte honors Prince Charles who will be king and will be her grandfather. Rose sounds nice with most other names or titles. Only thing against it is that it is rather "cream puffy", like a picture from the 18th century royal family in their ruffles and bouffants. I like cream puffs, though, just can't eat them often--anyone else have that problem?

I'm glad someone else sees the virtues of the name Timothy. New to RF, but traditional, sounds great with Cambridge, sounds great with Prince or King (although we have not heard it before with these titles). I like this so much I wish it could come true but I don't think the RF is paying attention. I give up, cream puffy George may win the race. Seen pictures of the George Kings in the 18th century, looking like their contemporary George Washington in tights and fluttering things and wigs? King George VI didn't wear that stuff though...a thougtful courageous George.

Noooooooo..... I like your odd name posts even if I end up panning the choice. We can't go on and on and on about George, Elizabeth and Diana for the next 6 months or we will all go stark raving mad.....:bang:

I'd like to see one of your "odd" choices end up in the final selection.

Noooooooo..... I like your odd name posts even if I end up panning the choice. We can't go on and on and on about George, Elizabeth and Diana for the next 6 months or we will all go stark raving mad.....:bang:

I'd like to see one of your "odd" choices end up in the final selection.

:clap::clap::clap::clap: YAY!!!! If I have to hear Diana, Elizabeth, George, I will also goooooooooo crazy!!!!!!!! I want new names, names I don't care if they are old fashioned or not but please keep pushing the limits!!!!!!!!!!

I love Alexandra-Grace, If they want to stay traditional I have always loved Margaret-Rose. I know it isn't going to happen but I want to throw out what I like.:whistling:
So in keeping with my twisted thoughts:lol:. I LOVE Lucas, Micheal, Benjamin, Phillip. Out of all the boys names I like Phillip a lot!!
Hmmmm.... Prince Philip Michael Arthur George
Princess Alexandra-Grace Elizabeth Mary

Alexander, Alexandra, and variants thereof have both become common names since the time of Queen Victoria, whose first name was Alexandrina.

Similarly, Victor/Victoria, Albert/Alberta.

I love Alexandra-Grace, If they want to stay traditional I have always loved Margaret-Rose. I know it isn't going to happen but I want to throw out what I like.:whistling:
So in keeping with my twisted thoughts:lol:. I LOVE Lucas, Micheal, Benjamin, Phillip. Out of all the boys names I like Phillip a lot!!
Hmmmm.... Prince Philip Michael Arthur George
Princess Alexandra-Grace Elizabeth Mary

I would be happy with any of those. Alexandra-Grace if very pretty. Nobody could say Alexandra is NOT regal. And Grace is always a perfect choice.....

I believe the baby will get four names, and out of the four, we can bet the bank Phillip, Michael and Charles (or one of his four) will appear for a boy. and Elizabeth, Diana and Carol(ine) will appear for a girl. This heir to the throne is all to important to cut out any of these major players. It would be nice if the first name was something traditional, yet different from the usual cast of characters.

Boys; Alexander, Christopher, David, Geoffrey, Stephen, Timothy, Thomas, Michael, Phillip, Victor, Nicholas.

Girls: Alexandra, Alice, Augusta, Charlotte, Caroline, Catherine, Eleanor, Matilda, Helena, Louisa, Adela/Adelaide, Dorothea, Penelope, Millicent.

Anyone know the names of Kate's grandparents and how close she was to them.

I myself love the name Catherine/Katherine, and it would make a great first name for a future Queen. It's so traditional, I don't know how it has not make its way into the BRF by now. I suppose all of those Catholic Queen or nearly Queen Catherines of yesteryear are to blame.

Hello everybody. First message here. I just want to say that i love the DUke and Duchess of Cambridge and so I was delighted to hear they'll have a little heir or heiress soon.
As the subject of the tread is potentials baby names and godparents choices here are my pick.

For a little Princess: Audrey Victoria Caroline Frances (thought I like Alexandrina a lot too but it's perhaps too old fashioned even for the British royal Family)

For a little boy: William Charles Georges Phillip

Godparents will surely be Prince Harry and Pippa as well the countess of Wessex and a Van Custem.

Hello everybody. First message here. I just want to say that i love the DUke and Duchess of Cambridge and so I was delighted to hear they'll have a little heir or heiress soon.
As the subject of the tread is potentials baby names and godparents choices here are my pick.

For a little Princess: Audrey Victoria Caroline Frances (thought I like Alexandrina a lot too but it's perhaps too old fashioned even for the British royal Family)

For a little boy: William Charles Georges Phillip

Godparents will surely be Prince Harry and Pippa as well the countess of Wessex and a Van Custem.

Hello and welcome! I agree that Harry, Pippa and even James are given for godparents.

Audrey is a pretty name - and I believe it is actually a traditional British name. But I don't see it being used. I'm wondering if they would chose another very traditional old English name such as "Edith." I suppose people would joke that they watch too much Downton Abbey. I don't like Edith myself, but I consider it a possibility.

Alice anyone? its a very nice name, though my first choice is Mary, because is very beautiful and timeless name.

Victoria is another good choice, but i will be not sad if they choose a not so regular, old-fashioned name. i always liked unique names (with the exception of Mary^^)

Alice anyone? its a very nice name, though my first choice is Mary, because is very beautiful and timeless name.

Victoria is another good choice, but i will be not sad if they choose a not so regular, old-fashioned name. i always liked unique names (with the exception of Mary^^)

Your choices of names are all very regal and Alice and Victoria are, IMO, pretty names. This name combination sounds extremely regal in my opinion: Mary Elizabeth Catherine Victoria; however I still think my first bet of girl's names has a better chance. Just another thought. :)

^love your combination: Mary Elizabeth Catherine Victoria
i also find this name (as mentioned above) as a real possibility:
Princess Victoria Elizabeth Diana Caroline

:previous: I think my latest name combination sounds very regal as I said before. :)

:previous: as a catherine elizabeth myself, I have to agree :flowers:

I love Margaret Rose, it is such a lovely combination. I'm still sticking with Matilda for a girl though, or Eleanor maybe. I have no clue with a boy, but the obvious choice would be either George, Arthur, Albert or Alexander.

Anyone know the names of Kate's grandparents and how close she was to them.

Catherine's paternal grandparents were (/are, don't know if they're still alive) Peter Francis and Valerie, and her maternal grandparents were (/are, don't know if they're still alive) Ronald and Dorothy. More thorough list of ancestors here.

Valerie/Valeria is a very unique name, theres something mysterious about it, i like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom