Baby Cambridge: Potential Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GracieGiraffe said:
I agree that the name will be very traditional.

Patricia is also a name used before in the BRF. Princess Victoria Patricia, who went by Princess Patricia or Patsy. It would be a welcome surprise to see this name.

That's one I've just never cared for at all. I hope they don't go there

Queen PAtricia is a no-no for me. I'm still pushing for Charlotte Rose.

I agree that the name will be very traditional.

Patricia is also a name used before in the BRF. Princess Victoria Patricia, who went by Princess Patricia or Patsy. It would be a welcome surprise to see this name.

I'd go mad if that happened, haha! Ah yes, Princess Patsy of Connaught, am I right?
Yeah, I think Wills and Kate are going to stay traditional too.

Edit; I've never liked my name either, don't worry, they definitely won't choose it! I go by Trish to my family and I much prefer it. Nobody can spell Patricia either!

Last edited:
Patricia3 said:
I'd go mad if that happened, haha! Ah yes, Princess Patsy of Connaught, am I right?
Yeah, I think Wills and Kate are going to stay traditional too.

Edit; I've never liked my name either, don't worry, they definitely won't choose it! I go by Trish to my family and I much prefer it. Nobody can spell Patricia either!

See I like Tricia and Trish but am not a huge fan of Patsy or Patricia.

Patricia, my Irish mother intended to name me Patricia (if I was a girl, back then they didn't know the gender until the arrival). However, when she delivered in the hospital, the three babies before me were all Patricias. So I went through a year where they kept changing my name, finally ended up with Mariel. I have always had a burden with Mariel because it was usually mixed up, when I was in school, with other names like Muriel, Marilyn, Marion, Mary, Marie, even Margaret, anything beginning with "Mar." And I rarely meet another Mariel. I did read somewhere on TRF of some Mariel person recently but I've forgotten...it was not an important member of the nobility. It's fairly common South America.
Anyway, sorry Mod, for getting off the thread here.

Cepe, I think Charlotte Rose has a chance and is very nice.

Mariel is a wonderful name - pretty, and completely underused. Did you see Muriel's Wedding! :ROFLMAO:

Going back on topic, I would Charlotte on the top 5 possible girls' names.

I will give top ten most likely first names for a girl, not necessarily my top 10.

1) Diana
2) Elizabeth
3) Charlotte
4) Alice
5) Louisa (I know there's Louise Wessex, but can still see this one)
6) Mary
7) Victoria
8) Alexandra
9) Caroline
10) Matilda

Gracie, in your list I like Charlotte, Alice, Louisa, Caroline, and Matilda. I hope they will not choose a name too recently used a lot. I am a fan of Alice and would most like that name, from your list.

I still like some old Biblical names which have honorable connotations, such as Ruth.
I guess no chance for that one, but the woman who bore that name in ancient times was an honored saint, and Ruth was great grandmother of David, whom the RF say they are descended from, probably accurately. I am for both tradition--even very ancient tradition--and also a fresh sound.

Last edited:
Mariel is a wonderful name - pretty, and completely underused. Did you see Muriel's Wedding! :ROFLMAO:

Going back on topic, I would Charlotte on the top 5 possible girls' names.

I will give top ten most likely first names for a girl, not necessarily my top 10.

1) Diana
2) Elizabeth
3) Charlotte
4) Alice
5) Louisa (I know there's Louise Wessex, but can still see this one)
6) Mary
7) Victoria
8) Alexandra
9) Caroline
10) Matilda
I couldn't agree more with your suggestions:flowers: They could choose Louisa or Louise and use as a middle name. Kate seems to be very close to Louise of Wessex. I remember during Trooping of the Colour, Olympics and other events Louise was alwayis the object of Kate's attention:p

I would love to see a princess Victoria and Elizabeth will be definitely one of the baby's names

What about

Alexandra Louise Caroline Frances?

As the last and the current queen's (TM Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother and The Queen) first name started with an "E", and the next two queen's (TRH The Duchess of Cornwall and The Duchess of Cambridge) first name start with "C" I think now about a first name (for a princess) starting with "A".

Alexandra if it's a girl and Alexander if it's a boy :lol:
I do think Alexandra would be a great choice for a little Princess (and so would Alexander for a little Prince), it would also be a nice tribute to William's godmother, Princess Alexandra.

Cepe, I think Charlotte Rose has a chance and is very nice.

I don't think Charlotte has any chance, because Earl Spencer just named his daughter Charlotte Diana.
Nor do I care for Rose, it reminds me of those Victorian flower names.

I don't think Charlotte has any chance, because Earl Spencer just named his daughter Charlotte Diana.

That makes a difference because? Not like you can mix the two up. :whistling:

Nor do I care for Rose, it reminds me of those Victorian flower names.

I also don't think the name Charlotte will appear anywhere if this baby is a girl because of Earl Spencer's new baby. Why? I think Diana will be one of the names and I don't think William and Kate will repeat both Charlotte and Diana when this is the name of another recent baby. Too bad- Charlotte would have been a lovely choice.

The Duke and Duchess have been consistently described as "traditional" on this thread and there has been a marked concensus that they will use a traditional name for their child, especially as the child is a future monarch.

Pretty difficult to achieve that without repeating a name that has already been used by someone close to the BRF or any other royal family.

I agree- I also think they will repeat a name from within the British Royal Family. I just don't think they will repeat the name very recently used by Earl Spencer for his baby.

Agreed, I think we will see a traditional repeat as well. Victoria or Elizabeth seem likely candidates for a girl. Didn't the Prince and Princess of Wales want the name Victoria for William or Harry if they were girls? Thought I read that somewhere.
Boys--For some reason, I keep leaning towards George.

Agreed, I think we will see a traditional repeat as well. Victoria or Elizabeth seem likely candidates for a girl. Didn't the Prince and Princess of Wales want the name Victoria for William or Harry if they were girls? Thought I read that somewhere.

It occurred to me today that its quite possible that if they have a boy they could name him Charles. I think that would tickle the PoW green (he's not a pink kinda guy).

Yes you are right:flowers: Charles and Diana wanted to name their baby Victoria if they had a girl!

It's funny- from the moment they announced Kate was pregnant, I also thought Victoria for a girl and George for a boy. We'll have to wait a few months to see if our hunches are right, Rice!

Osipi, I think they might go for Charles, too. The PofW deserves some happiness in this area! I suppose the boy would immediately become Prince Charlie, which the PofW never was, so there would be no mix-up. My son is Charlie--and he never became anything but Charlie when he grew up and got a Ph.D.

To me there is too much unhappines, sickness, repression, etc. connected to those who bore the name George. Just look at the masterpiece movie The King's Speech to see who George VI and George V went through, and think back to other George's. No more George, however we may honor Elizabeth's father, who overcame so much to be a good king, God rest his soul. That is my hope but of course we are just "playing house" and guessing here.

Maybe Charles Phillip Michael George?

Last edited:
To me there is too much unhappines, sickness, repression, etc. connected to those who bore the name George. Just look at the masterpiece movie The King's Speech to see who George VI and George V went through, and think back to other George's. No more George, however we may honor Elizabeth's father, who overcame so much to be a good king, God rest his soul. That is my hope but of course we are just "playing house" and guessing here.

Maybe Charles Phillip Michael George?[/QUOTE]

It's funny, I thought about Charles as well. I often forget, King George VI, was actually Albert, Bertie, but reigned as George VI. Wonder if perhaps, they wouldn't consider Albert?
Whatever it is, it is fun to play the guessing game!

One name I am going to throw out there is Camilla - if the girl is born in mid-July how close could it be to Camilla's own birthday?

That would also be a way of bridging the gap between the Camilla haters and Camilla if William made such a public acknowledgement.

Not for a first name but as a middle name.

I don't think, however, that they will let the pregnancy go as far as Camilla's birthday as I suspect that they are planning to induce on the 1st July to have the child on Diana's birthday, especially if it is a girl and then they will name her Diana.

Last edited:
Rice, I think they might consider "Bertie", which was George VI's real name (Albert). Some say Albert is too Germanic. I don't know about that. "Charles" does have a French/Scottish ring, and someone remarked that it was a nod to the Stuart descent, as was "Anne" and "Andrew." I do like nods to the Stuart descent, although the RF is neither Hanover nor Stuart now, but a mix. It's good that the Queen Mum Elizabeth, Diana, and Catherine have brought non-Hanover background to the family, in my view, as I do not think an all German family is the best idea for England.

Rice, I think they might consider "Bertie", which was George VI's real name (Albert). Some say Albert is too Germanic. I don't know about that. "Charles" does have a French/Scottish ring, and someone remarked that it was a nod to the Stuart descent, as was "Anne" and "Andrew." I do like nods to the Stuart descent, although the RF is neither Hanover nor Stuart now, but a mix. It's good that the Queen Mum Elizabeth, Diana, and Catherine have brought non-Hanover background to the family, in my view, as I do not think an all German family is the best idea for England.

Personally, I don't see why someone's ancestry from many generations age would matter for England. It doesn't get much more British than the Queen, ancestry be damned.

I have always thought, rightly or wrongly, the British Royal Family is a bit more traditional than some others. I may be wrong here, but did Queen Elizabeth have to "approve" William and Harry's names? I may be way off there, but I also thought she had some say in Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's names--perhaps just helpful suggestions lol- That said, Denmark has the tradition of alternating between Frederick and Christian in naming their monarchs (I guess their won't be a debate on the boards if Prince Christian has a son someday ha ha), and I seem to recall Prince Phillippe saying it was very important for him to name his daughter after his great-grandmother. I like the tradition and honor of that.

Prince Andrew's name has nothing to do with Scotland or the Stuarts but is the name of his paternal grandfather - HRH Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark.

I think if it's a boy, Henry is possible as a middle name, with Charles or Phillip or even David as a first name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom