The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Serene Highness

How about Alexandra Elizabeth and Alexander Charles? Or maybe James Michael Arthur and Isabella Mary Elizabeth? There are soooo many names to choose from but it should maybe be something that honors not only the royals of the past but present family like Gabriella, Phillipa, Caroline. Just a thought.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Courtier

strangely - royal girls names tend to only have 3 names (does anyone know why? )

Girl - Elizabeth Alexandra Frances
Boy - Philip Arthur Henry Charles

If the first born is a girl and a future monarch, I think the Princess Royal would be a wonderful Godmother and a great resource for the daughther. She is the last female working Royal blood Princess. She was witness and perhaps a confidente in later years to her mother and able to share a perspective of being a strong royal female.

the rest will probably be the usual suspects....
Harry, Pippa, maybe Peter Philips, it would be nice to have another royal connection - maybe Victoria of Sweden, another female royal born to the throne.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I've no idea about names. I'll have to think on it for awhile.

For godparents: Harry of course, Peter and Zara and maybe Beatrice or Eugenie would be lovely.

King Constantine II is 1 of William's godparents and Williams is godfather to Crown Prince Pavlos' son. So maybe a member the Greek royal family will be invited to be a godparent. It would be a continue nod to
Prince Philip's royal house.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Gentry

Ugh, finally, I've been wanting to speculate on names forever, haha.

Girl:
Charlotte Elizabeth Diana Carole
Victoria Elizabeth Alice Francis

Boy:
George Philip Michael Charles
Philip Arthur Michael Charles

As for godparents... obviously Harry and Pippa. Perhaps Peter and one of Catherine's friends.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

A girl: Jane Frances Elizabeth or Marie Diana Elizabeth

Boy: George Phillip Arthur or Alexander Charles James

God Parents probably Harry and Pippa
Old 12-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the future heir, either male or female, will have a traditional name.
What concerns future Godparents, I have no doubts about Harry, Pippa and Count and Countess of Wessex. Maybe in the list will be included Peter or Zara Phillips.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Royal Highness

I would bet everything that they won´t chose Diana as the first name,but they are going to honour her either by taking Diana or Frances as second name.So I expect something with Elizabeth Carole Diana/Frances in it,though I´m sure they are going to surprise us with the first name.

For a boy I feel certain they will include George Philip Charles...Arthur would be a great first name:-)

I just hope they choose something that´s not too long so it won´t be changed like Catherine->Kate (eventhough "Catherine sounds so much more sophisticated I also say "Kate" because everybody is using it that way)
Old 12-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness

I'm assuming there will be at least one royal godparent.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
I would assume that if there was any foreign royal godparent it would be one of the Greeks, most likely Crown Prince Pavlos. They just don't seem to know the other royals well enough and I don't see them giving their child godparents that they aren't close to.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
I agree, but I can see it being from the Greek family. Among the British Royals, I can see Harry definitely being a godparent and likely The Countess of Wessex.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Serene Highness

I think it will be a traditional name also but like many on here I hope for different than Elizabeth and Victoria since Europe is going to have a Queen Victoria and Elisabeth.
I would like to see for a girl:
Alexandra Francis Elizabeth Mary
Caroline Elizabeth Victoria Francis
For a Boy:
Alexander Philip Charles Michael
James Michael Philip Henry
Philip Michael Charles David
I would love to see them think a little outside of the box on this little one, do they need the queens approval on name selection?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post

King Constantine II is 1 of William's godparents and Williams is godfather to Crown Prince Pavlos' son. So maybe a member the Greek royal family will be invited to be a godparent. It would be a continue nod to
Prince Philip's royal house.
I was thinking of ex King Constantine II as a potential god parent too and maybe Earl Spencer?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

If it's a girl: Charlotte Victoria Diana Elizabeth

If it's a boy: George Andrew Charles Edward
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Royal Highness

Personally way too excited to make sane guesses when it comes to baby names.

For godparents though, these are my guesses:
- Prince Henry of Wales
- Philippa Middleton
- Peter Phillips
- Friend of William and Catherine
- One of the Greek royals

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Gentry

William is very close to his aunts, Sarah and Jane...So, I definitely see one of them being chosen as a godmother.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonelikeyou View Post
Charlotte or Caroline for a girl, with Frances as a middle name/nod to Diana...

I like George for a boy... Is Christian a possible BRF name? I like that too.
"Frances" is a great choice for a middle name as grandparents include:
the late Diana Frances Spencer
Michael Francis Middleton

Christian is used quite often as a middle name in the BRF, for example:
Prince Andrew (Andrew Albert Christian Edward)
King Edward VIII (Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David)
Old 12-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've always liked the name Adelaide, and that would be a traditional, yet still unexpected choice. I think they're going to surprise us on the first name, but that it will still have some history behind it.

I also like Amelia and Helena.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Serene Highness

Elizabeth already the hot favourite for royal baby name as couple surprise the bookies with their early pregnancy announcement | Mail Online
Old 12-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Courtier

Great news! I hope Kate will not have to stay in hospital for a long time and can enjoy her pregnancy.

My suggestions:
For a boy:
Arthur, a name of tradition and yet popular (at least in Belgium...), or Henry, after his uncle Harry.

For a girl, I'm really hoping for a Charlotte in remembrance of Charlotte, The Princess of Wales. And I also believe Pippa's second name is Charlotte? But it's also the name of Williams new cousin (daughter of Earl Spencer), I don't know if they'll take that in consideration.
I also like Alice, but that's my suggestion for a girl of Albert and Charlene of Monaco.

As this baby will be one of the next monarchs it would be nice if it would have previous monarchs as second, third etc names.
Arthur Charles George
Charlotte Elizabeth Victoria
And keep the other (great)grandparents' names for the next children.

June or July is speculated as due date. Being born on the 1st of July would be nice for Granny Diana.

As godparents I would chose Pippa and Harry from the family, maybe their flatmates from St Andrews, where they met and if they want royal godparents, I think it would be nice to have Princess Victoria of Sweden, then she'll have godchildren in almost every monarchy.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Boy: Charles William Henry John.
Girl: Victoria Diana Elizabeth Carole.

Godparents: James Middleton and Princess Beatrice of York.