Baby Cambridge: Potential Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be a traditional name also but like many on here I hope for different than Elizabeth and Victoria since Europe is going to have a Queen Victoria and Elisabeth.
I would like to see for a girl:
Alexandra Francis Elizabeth Mary
Caroline Elizabeth Victoria Francis
For a Boy:
Alexander Philip Charles Michael
James Michael Philip Henry
Philip Michael Charles David
I would love to see them think a little outside of the box on this little one, do they need the queens approval on name selection?

King Constantine II is 1 of William's godparents and Williams is godfather to Crown Prince Pavlos' son. So maybe a member the Greek royal family will be invited to be a godparent. It would be a continue nod to
Prince Philip's royal house.

I was thinking of ex King Constantine II as a potential god parent too and maybe Earl Spencer?

If it's a girl: Charlotte Victoria Diana Elizabeth

If it's a boy: George Andrew Charles Edward

Personally way too excited to make sane guesses when it comes to baby names.

For godparents though, these are my guesses:
- Prince Henry of Wales
- Philippa Middleton
- Peter Phillips
- Friend of William and Catherine
- One of the Greek royals

William is very close to his aunts, Sarah and Jane...So, I definitely see one of them being chosen as a godmother.

Charlotte or Caroline for a girl, with Frances as a middle name/nod to Diana...

I like George for a boy... Is Christian a possible BRF name? I like that too.

"Frances" is a great choice for a middle name as grandparents include:
the late Diana Frances Spencer
Michael Francis Middleton

Christian is used quite often as a middle name in the BRF, for example:
Prince Andrew (Andrew Albert Christian Edward)
King Edward VIII (Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David)

I've always liked the name Adelaide, and that would be a traditional, yet still unexpected choice. I think they're going to surprise us on the first name, but that it will still have some history behind it.

I also like Amelia and Helena.

Great news! I hope Kate will not have to stay in hospital for a long time and can enjoy her pregnancy.

My suggestions:
For a boy:
Arthur, a name of tradition and yet popular (at least in Belgium...), or Henry, after his uncle Harry.

For a girl, I'm really hoping for a Charlotte in remembrance of Charlotte, The Princess of Wales. And I also believe Pippa's second name is Charlotte? But it's also the name of Williams new cousin (daughter of Earl Spencer), I don't know if they'll take that in consideration.
I also like Alice, but that's my suggestion for a girl of Albert and Charlene of Monaco.

As this baby will be one of the next monarchs it would be nice if it would have previous monarchs as second, third etc names.
Arthur Charles George
Charlotte Elizabeth Victoria
And keep the other (great)grandparents' names for the next children.

June or July is speculated as due date. Being born on the 1st of July would be nice for Granny Diana.

As godparents I would chose Pippa and Harry from the family, maybe their flatmates from St Andrews, where they met and if they want royal godparents, I think it would be nice to have Princess Victoria of Sweden, then she'll have godchildren in almost every monarchy.

Last edited:
Boy: Charles William Henry John.
Girl: Victoria Diana Elizabeth Carole.

Godparents: James Middleton and Princess Beatrice of York.

The British Royal family has always been fairly safe and traditional when it comes to the name of a future heir. I think that Will & Kate will continue in this vein.
There are a few names I think we can safely rule out. For boys, Stephen, John, James are most likely no goes based on British monarchs who have held these names and the associations that they most likely bring up within the royal family. Oliver is a definite no, thanks to Cromwell.
While I like Arthur as a name I don't see them picking it because then one day the baby would be King Arthur and heaven knows there is ALOT of weight that comes with that name. I can see Will and Kate feeling like that would be too much pressure on him.
I'm going to guess George or Albert as a first name for a boy. And William as one of the middle names

For a girl, once again I can see them going fairly traditional, keeping with names that have already been used within the family. However, I don't see them using Elizabeth and I am sort of iffy about Victoria since Sweden is set to have a Queen Victoria. I think Anne, Mary, Alexandra and Charlotte are all options. Personally I would love it if they used Queen Victoria of England's first name of Alexandrina. I don't foresee them using Diana for a daughter, even as a middle name, once again I think that they would see it as too much pressure for the child.
Since this baby will be the heir to the throne of England I think we are going to see at least one royal from another country as godparent. Several were at William and Kate's wedding so there is a variety of options there, though for some reason I am leaning towards Prince Pavlos of Greece or Princess Victoria of Sweden depending on whether the baby is a boy or a girl.

Last edited:
Names as traditional as you can get since it's the heir to the throne.

Boy: Middle names will likely be Charles Philip Michael.
Girls: Middle names will likely be Diana Elizabeth and possibly some variant on Carole (Carole, Caroline, Charlotte, Carola, etc.)

First names, probably chosen straight from the names of Queen Victoria's children and grandchildren. For a girl, I'd guess that Alice might be a front runner, particularly since it's Prince Philip's mother's name and it hasn't been used yet as a first name for any of the grandchildren or great grandchildren. Victoria would be the other obvious possibility.

For a boy, there might be a bit more variability. I'm going to go with Arthur, since it's one of William's middle names.

So, my guesses:
Boy: Arthur Charles Philip Michael.
Girl: Alice Elizabeth Diana Carole.

I'm SO excited for William and Catherine, and it feels like I'M expecting myself!

I suspect they'll pick a fairly traditional BRF name for the child... but who knows, they could surprise us!

Girl: Caroline Elizabeth Diana Anne Not only is Caroline a classic royal name, but it also honors Catherine's mother, Carole Middleton.

Boy: This one's trickier for me. I could see them using George, which hasn't been used in a while by the main family, or perhaps Philip, in honor of the Duke of Edinburgh.

George Albert Charles Christian
Philip Henry Charles Edward

Godparents: Harry and Pippa are both pretty much givens, at this point. If a foreign royal is named, it will probably be from the Greek Royal Family.... I'll go with Crown Prince Pavlos. Maybe one of William's uncles or aunts, and of course friends of the couple.

Last edited:
I'd be fairly confident that if it's a boy, he'll be George or Henry. For a girl, I think it would be a wonderful tribute to HM to name her Elizabeth. By the time a future Elizabeth III is on the throne, our current Queen will have been dead for decades, so there's enough of a gap there. If not that then Victoria, although I personally like both Charlotte and Alexandra, even though they've never previously been names of a queen regnant in the UK.

Middle names will probably be an amalgam of William and Kate's parents names.

William is very close to his aunts, Sarah and Jane...So, I definitely see one of them being chosen as a godmother.
I'd like to see one of his Spencer aunts as a godmother too. I don't see them asking Earl Spencer.

Girl: Caroline Elizabeth Diana Anne Not only is Caroline a classic royal name, but it also honors Catherine's mother, Carole Middleton.

I love this one. Queen Caroline sounds so regal and beautiful and it would be a nice tribute to Catherine's mum. I also like the idea of using Anne as a secondary name, the Princess Royal is a really wonderful namesake.

I'm a huge fan of going with Charlotte if it's a girl. I think that name carries a great amount of weight to it, in the way that Victoria and Elizabeth do. So for a girl I would go with: Charlotte Elizabeth Diana Catherine (yes I picked four, but you can't really end the name with Diana, as it doesn't sound quite right, and you can't quite put it second, as it sounds like you're trying too hard to recall the late Princess of Wales...)
For a boy I'm less fond of the name Arthur for a first name, so I will go with: Henry Charles Arthur William

George Andrew Patrick David ( the 4 saints of the UK)
Victoria Elizabeth Charlotte Diana

I hope they go through every name and put King or Queen in front of it, and if it sounds stupid they forget it. And no Diana, please no.
Isn´t that what every CP couple should do? We´d have avoided some dissapoints!:whistling::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I always go classy for the first born. I like George, Albert or Arthur for a boy (I love Edward and Charles too, but they´re taken).

For a girl, a little Victoria would be great, but if they choose something more original it would be fine. Alexandra sounds nice, as well as Alice (but Queen Alice doesn´t persuade me, though).

Alice would be nice. As would Mathilda...

So far there's only one girl's name that I've come up with.

Georgiana Elizabeth Mary Frances. Call her Gia for short. Princess Gia has a nice ring to it. Its the feminine version of George, has been a Spencer family name and has not been used by the royal family so it would kind of be unique.

What do you think about the possibility of "Camilla" being among the names of a princess?

Albert George Michael Charles

Victoria Diana Carole Elizabeth

Last edited:
I will be extremely surprised if Prince Harry is'nt named one of the Godparents...

Charlotte Victoria Diana Alexandra
I don´t think they would be reluctant to give a girl Dianas name :whistling:
Albert Charles Michael Arthur

Godfather: Prince Harry
Godmother: Pippa

Victoria Elizabeth Margaret Frances

George Phillip Michael Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom